Bad Wheel Bearings at 1K Miles? But Amazing Dealer Service!!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Bad Wheel Bearings at 1K Miles? But Amazing Dealer Service!!!

Had a ticking/clicking coming from the the front drivers side wheel that I noticed the last two weeks. Randomly, without an appointment, I stopped by the dealer service at 10:30 AM yesterday to see if they could help me out.

The Service Manager was the nicest, friendliest guy! He had a tech come listen to the sound within 2 minutes of my pulling in. The tech heard it, put it up on the lift and did a little work on the brakes thinking that was the source of the problem. No go.

The Service Manager and Tech said they hadn't seen a problem like this. They went ahead and called an Engineer at Ford to consult with about the problem. The Engineer told them to switch out the wheel bearing assembly.

They put it back up on the lift, got a brand new assembly, by any means necessary installed it and problem solved!

In a total of 3 hours I was in and out with my problem solved. I have never had a good experience with any Dealer service in the last 20 years. In fact I had problems with a Jeep, and a VW. After many trips to both service departments, my problems were never solved. Just wasted hours.

Huge props to Premier Ford Service Department, Ricky the Service Manager and his Techs!!! In Brooklyn NY nonetheless!!! Dealer service in NYC is usually soooo bad. I have never had worse. But these guys are amazing! I would go here for any problem. I was totally amazed by the lengths they went to to fix my car without even having an appointment. Plus they came up with the part when they easily could have told me to come back in a week when they got the part. Love these guys!

Not thrilled the car needed a new wheel bearing assembly at 1K miles, but hey, s**t happens

2014 Base GT Black, 6-speed Manual, Tech Package and 3.73 Gears
MODS: GT500 Axlebacks / Cat Delete / Pypes X-Pipe / Strut Tower Brace / OEM leather seats / Black 19" Brembo Wheels / Steeda CAI / BBR 93 Oct Tune / Roush Lowering Springs / BBR Panhard Bar / Whiteline LCAs / Barton Shifter / 8 Ball Shift Knob / JLT Oil Catch Can / Shorty Antenna / RTR Chin Spoiler / CDC Grill / Drilled Rotors / Black Calipers / Hawk HPS PADS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011
BOSS Member

Garage
Good service and a bad bearing. They both seem to be odd.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011
GT Member

thats great to hear, wish we heard more of this

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nice to hear about a service department that gives a damn about making things right.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
glad to see a positive thread about the dealerships finally

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011
Apprentice

That's awesome that you can get service like that. My dealer here is pretty solid too in regards to warranty issues. I had a door lock problem with the remotes and they diagnosed and replaced a broken wire that day and had it ready to go by the end of my work day.

As for a bearing burning out at early miles, I had BOTH front wheel bearings fry on my 08 Lancer at about 1500 KMS. They started to make a crazy grinding sound I had never heard before.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium Auto (Daily driver), Grabber Blue with Pony Package and Interior Upgrade. Roush exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page