New guy here. Dont know much about cars. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan314 View Post
I may be young but I know to never to pay over or at sticker.
Wrecked credit from a divorce will ensure you DO pay at least sticker, if not more.

Good thing you haven't been around long enough to hang yourself! You got bargaining power!

I think you'd be happiest with the GT. I own a V6 but I REALLY need the MPG's, as I spend an awful lot of time on the open road. It has plenty of kick for sure! But the GT is raw affordable power and the MPG's are pretty decent as long as you don't go too deep in the rear gears. I've heard tales of folks managing 28 MPG @ 65 MPH on 3.31's with the GT's. I'm not sure I believe it, but I have seen it posted. That's V6 MPG territory with over 100 more HP and at least 80 more TQ. :hihi:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Cannonballer View Post
I think you'd be happiest with the GT. I own a V6 but I REALLY need the MPG's, as I spend an awful lot of time on the open road. It has plenty of kick for sure! But the GT is raw affordable power and the MPG's are pretty decent as long as you don't go too deep in the rear gears. I've heard tales of folks managing 28 MPG @ 65 MPH on 3.31's with the GT's. I'm not sure I believe it, but I have seen it posted. That's V6 MPG territory with over 100 more HP and at least 80 more TQ. :hihi:
I have hit 28-29 MPG doing only highway at 65mph driving many times in my 2011 with 3.73s and a 6MT. That of course is not typical. I am usually in the 24-27 range depending on how much fun I am having during my commute (50 miles one way, all highway). Doing highway, around town, and back county roads, not paying much attention to the MPGs and having some fun I usually end up around 21-24 for a tank. I have never been anywhere near the 17 MPG it was rated for in city. For over 400HP that is good enough for me!

-2011 Mustang GT/CS, 5.0L, Race Red, 6-Speed Manual, 3.73s
-2008 Mustang GT, 4.6L, Black, 5-Speed Manual
-1989 Mustang LX Sport, 5.0L, 5-Speed Manual, Red
-1968 Mustang Coupe, 289 4v V8 4-Speed, In Desperate Need of a Restoration.
-2009 Mercury Mountaineer Premier, 4.6L, 6-Speed Automatic
MACH I Member

Strictly highway MPG:
31 - '11+ V6 Auto gets the best, 2 MPG beter than the manual
27 - '11+ V8

The '11+ V8's get great gas mileage for the amount of power they throw at the wheel. However, if MPG is going to be a big factor for you, get the V6. Your in town/combined driving is where the V6 shines - usually about 26 MPG.

Since the V6 costs about $6k less, the V6 is more of a modder's choice. The beautiful thing about mustangs are the OEM & aftermarket parts availability. If you wanted, you could slap on a supercharger to the V6 and be putting out more bwh, lighter car and better MPG than the V8.

The V6 Performance Package is definitely something to take a look at if you decide to go the V6 route. It literally transforms the car into a better handling car than any stock GT option. Ford also slaps on the most beautiful wheels they have ever made with that option. I get more compliments about my wheels than anything, lol.

Bottom line is money, without question, as stated earlier. What car fits your budget enough to live your life comfortably. Pick your car based on that.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page