Active anti theft system test/question? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Active anti theft system test/question?

When I first got my 2012 GT (not quite 2 months ago) I tested the active anti-theft system a couple of times. Specifically the movement inside the cabin test. I’d power both windows all the way down, get out and arm the system. A minute later I’d reach inside either window and the alarm would immediately sound. I thought it was pretty cool that it didn’t take but 2 inches inside the window and the alarm would sound. Now when I do that same test I have to wave my arm around inside the car to get the alarm to sound. It’s possible that one of my sensors has gone bad.

What I’m not sure of is which sensitivity is right? The sensitivity that I used to have when I’d barely reach inside the car and the alarm would sound, or the sensitivity that I have to wave my arm around inside the car to trigger the system. Could someone that has the active anti-theft system chime in with their level of sensitivity? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Garage
I tested mine shortly after getting the car. Tested just like you did. I had to reach in and moved my arm aroung some for it to trigger. Haven't tried it since but I just assumed it was doing what it was supposed to.
TV

2012 GT Prem. Black, 6MT82, Brembo Package, Rear Sensing Security Package, Appearance Package #5 ,3.73 LS Axle, GT500 Axle Backs, MGW Shifter, FRPP Tune.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

HHHhhhmmmm . . ... ok thanks! Maybe there is nothing wrong with mine then? It's just wierd that when it was 2 days old it was a lot more sensative.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Maybe you just happened to reach in to just the right spot to trip it the first time? I didn't know our alarms did this, I'll give it a try and let you know how much motion it takes to set it off.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe • Performance White • 6R80 • HID • 64M Wheels • Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner • GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set • Ohio's Horses License Plate • Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 412horses View Post
Maybe you just happened to reach in to just the right spot to trip it the first time? I didn't know our alarms did this, I'll give it a try and let you know how much motion it takes to set it off.
I couldn't have reached in the same spot everytime? I tested it a couple of times over the course of several days. I appreciate you checking yours. Thanks!

Oh . . ... be sure when the windows are down and you lock it with the fob that you give it 30 seconds to arm. Nothing will happen if you check it right away after arming. Also the hood and trunk must be compeltely closed when arming, or again nothing will happen.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Go to about 2 minutes in, it will show you were the IR sensors for the security system are mounted.

YouTube - ‪2011 Mustang MCA Walkaround Part II‬‏

2012 Kona Blue V6 Premium MCA, stone interior, AT, electronics package, rear camera, reverse sensing & security, HID, 3.31

Ordered: 4/11/2011 | VIN: 5/26 | Window sticker: 6/7 | Build date: 6/13 | ETA: 1st-6/24 2nd-6/29 | Arrived at dealer: 6/24 | Took delivery: 6/27

Mods: BAMA 87P Tune, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, GT500 Diffuser, Shelby Kicker Sub, Painted Mirror Covers, Adjustable Headrests
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

I knew where the sensors are mounted, but what I don't know is if both of them are working.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blackgt View Post
I knew where the sensors are mounted, but what I don't know is if both of them are working.
Cover them one at a time with a piece of duct tape or something so you can check them individually.

2012 Kona Blue V6 Premium MCA, stone interior, AT, electronics package, rear camera, reverse sensing & security, HID, 3.31

Ordered: 4/11/2011 | VIN: 5/26 | Window sticker: 6/7 | Build date: 6/13 | ETA: 1st-6/24 2nd-6/29 | Arrived at dealer: 6/24 | Took delivery: 6/27

Mods: BAMA 87P Tune, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, GT500 Diffuser, Shelby Kicker Sub, Painted Mirror Covers, Adjustable Headrests
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoitNarf View Post
Cover them one at a time with a piece of duct tape or something so you can check them individually.
Good idea! I know because I tried that. The sensors are sonic and transmit right through the cover. The signals must bounce all over the interior? It's wierd because I can't get the sensativity to be the same twice in a row. One time it's almost like it used to be and the next time a fat house cat could crawl all over the interior and the alarm would not trigger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page