Dealer says frpp performance tune not available for my 2012 Mustang, true or not? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Dealer says frpp performance tune not available for my 2012 Mustang, true or not?

My car has arrived at the dealership and I'm set to pick it up wednesday. I negotiated the frpp power pack into the deal to keep my warranty as non confrontational as possible, plus its my dd and mods will be kept to a strict minimum. But I'm being told that it is not available for the 2012 yet? I really don't want to make another trip to the dealer (120 mile round trip) just to get the tune done. If it is available and the dealer is bsing me, I'll just buy it from tousley ford and get it installed at my local dealer and pay out of pocket instead of rolling it into the payments.

I'll give Steve at tousley a call tomorrow, but does anybody know offhand if it IS available for 2012my? Do you have it installed already? Is there any problems with it?

I've searched around and not many people are talking about it.

Thanks,
-Anthony

2012 blk/blk gt premium, 400a, brembos, comfort, reverse/security, 3.73's...

Ordered 4/16, vin 6/2, window sticker 6/9, build date 6/16, ETA 6/27, arrived 6/25, picked up 6/29...

mods: magnaflow streets, frpp power pack, mgw shifter, dss driveshaft, s/s clutch/brake lines, steeda rear suspension.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011
Banned

Based on this link, NOT true:

Ford Racing 2011-2012 Mustang GT High Flow K&N Filter with Ford Racing Performance Tune -- M-9603-MGTB

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011
PONY Member

Anybody here have that exact tune on a stock 5.0 ?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011
Apprentice
S197 Member

Black Dragon and P51 ,I am installing this week and I will update...got mine from American Muscle for 318 to the door with our AFM discount.RADR LUV has ot and he is pleased with it.I will forward amessage he sent me...hope this helps!

KOZZ 2011 GT 5.0 Premium Convertible,6 spd.Manual Trans.,Kona Blue,Stone Leather,Black Cloth Top,Electronics/Nav.Pkg.,Comfort Pkg.,Security Pkg.,18"Polished Aluminum Wheels,Rear Video Camera,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust ,Ford Racing Procal tune w/K&N drop- in,CDC Aggressive chin spoiler,A.M. hood struts to get rid of the fugly prop rod!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

2011's aren't in question, those are available. For some reason it seems that the one for 2012's is different.

2012 blk/blk gt premium, 400a, brembos, comfort, reverse/security, 3.73's...

Ordered 4/16, vin 6/2, window sticker 6/9, build date 6/16, ETA 6/27, arrived 6/25, picked up 6/29...

mods: magnaflow streets, frpp power pack, mgw shifter, dss driveshaft, s/s clutch/brake lines, steeda rear suspension.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member

SCT doesn't have the tunes all squared away for the 2012's yet either so it's not just Ford.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page