91 octane fuel on 87 race tune? Issue - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Question 91 octane fuel on 87 race tune? Issue

I have 87 race tune on my v6 mustang and yesterday morning my older brother was trying to be nice and fill my tank up for me since I used the excuse of not having gas money to not to drive to his house the night before. He thought I used premium fuel and filled up about half a tank of 91 octane so my gas tank was half 87 and half 91. Today when I went to drive the car when I'm at at a full stop my rpm goes between 700-1200 and car shakes. I'm wondering if fuel is causing that and when I refill it will go back to normal or should I reinstall factory tune and take it to dealer?

Thanks.

2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Performance Package with Equipment Package 201A
MODS: Roush Cold Air Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011
PONY Member

i would wait and put another tank through it before visiting the dealer, if your really concerned i would go for a high revving country drive and burn it up. but running 89ish octane should not hurt anything

2000 V6

Infinite wishlist
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member

It's not because the 91 was put in the tank.

Putting 91 in on your 87 tune is just like putting 91 in on the stock tune, should actually make a few more HP.

The car running and shaking like you describe sounds more like you have un-metered air getting in. Maybe a hose loose on the CAI.

Only thing that could be involving the gas is if it was junk gas.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for the replys I had time after work today to look at it and my CAI hose came unhooked. I was freaking out everything is back to normal now..

2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Performance Package with Equipment Package 201A
MODS: Roush Cold Air Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page