What would YOU add next? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

What would YOU add next?

Here's some quick iphone pics of my base V6 with a few mods... the wheels were put on a couple of weeks ago. I'm just debating what to do next. I keep scratching my head... Exhaust? Grille? ...or maybe nothing else. Decisions, Decisions.

Some input other than my own would be nice!:laughlitt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011
PONY Member

axle backs and a tint would be my next move

2000 V6

Infinite wishlist
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member

i would have gotten bigger bullitts but still looks nice i would go for more power since the pony already looks nice maybe an exhaust intake and headers

98 Mustang Gt vert mods BBK CAI, MAC o/r H-pipe, SLM LM1 Resonators SOLD!
96 Mustang Cobra Battery relocation kit, 4.10 ford racing gears, bbk long tube headers, bbk x pipe, flowmaster 40 series SOLD!
99 Mustang GT hooker long tube headers, Custom X-pipe, Pypes Violators, MAC CAI, accufab throttle body, throttle body spacer, typhoon aluminum intake manifold, steeda race wing, aluminum racing pullies, ford racing 4.10s, 3500 torque converter, SCT Tuner coming in 6/29/11

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011
PONY Member

Nah i like the bullits... the beef of the tire adds a muscular and retro look to it without jumping on the low-profile tire bandwagon like every friggin' car is doing nowadays.

I would add tint and black out the grill/new grill, and you are GTG. Then AB's if you want it louder.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I would do exhaust and maybe clear or smoked marker lights/reflectors. I think the smoked side markers would look good with that Tungsten Gray like color.

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

That's a pretty sweet lookin' beast already. Tint sounds like the winner (rear window and marker lights). Being in Sacramento, I don't think it's legal for you to tint the door windows, unless they will let you sign a legal waiver.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Kurtz View Post
Nah i like the bullits... the beef of the tire adds a muscular and retro look to it without jumping on the low-profile tire bandwagon like every friggin' car is doing nowadays.

I would add tint and black out the grill/new grill, and you are GTG. Then AB's if you want it louder.
Agreed. Nothing wrong with meaty tires. I personally like the classic raised white letter look too. A few 2011+ owners have those already. In this case, no. The subdued look he already has is great.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Cannonballer View Post
Agreed. Nothing wrong with meaty tires. I personally like the classic raised white letter look too. A few 2011+ owners have those already. In this case, no. The subdued look he already has is great.
I love the meaty tires, that's why I've stayed with the 17s. They also fit with the retro body style. As for tint, I've already tinted the three rear windows as dark as California law allows. I'd tint the side windows too, but I work a block from the California Highway Patrol academy, so it's pretty much guaranteed I'd get pulled over for them. The same goes for exhaust. I want something loud, but not something that would attract attention from officers Ponch and John. :laughlitt
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Hmmm...If it's cosmetic mod's you're looking for, you might consider a GT500 rear diffuser (aka bumper cover), a larger rear wing, smoked tail light covers, a new hood, or a new fascia. Some of these mod's really cost some bucks, but they're all worth it.

I think your Pony looks pretty good already. Do you have a tune and a CAI? If not, then DEFINITELY get a tune! Be sure to research the in's and out's of loading/unloading them when you take it in for servicing.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

<== Two of these ==> on the Tribar Ponies on the body and wheels! I'm still debating going with those or keeping her "slick" (unbadged).
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I'd lower it about an inch or so, so springs and dampers would be my next move.
Beast3.7

I also have sterling grey, looks great btw. Some things I've done or look to do:
Rear valence
Front chin
Factory fog lights
Boss steering wheel
Pypes exhaust
Eibach prokit springs and panhard
MACH I Member

CAI, Tune, and maybe an exhaust. That's all I would do. She looks great just the way she sits now if you ask me. I'm not into the lowering thing as so many are into now, but that's just me.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Tint the windows and get the OEM fog light kit. Next or at the same time, smoked side markers.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
MACH I Member

A new exhaust would make you smile every time you stepped on the pedal :yelpleased:

Shelby GT500 spoiler + GT500 rear fascia would really transform the rear into a nice @$$!

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page