Can't connect iphone 4 to sync - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Can't connect iphone 4 to sync

Anyone else had the same issue? I just upgraded and had my 3gs synced no problem and used it several times. With my new phone I have tried connecting it several times with no success.

Wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue and found the fix before calling the dealer. Doesn't appear to be my phone as it synced to a jawbone bluetooth headset.

TIA

2011 Mustang Gt Yellow Blaze / Brembo Pk / 373 / 6MT / HID /
Mods to date-- Diablo Tune / Magnaflow Comp Series Axle Backs / ScanGuage II / Wtech Floor Liners / Eibach Pro-Kit / UPR LCAs / UPR UCA
380rwhp/370torque

93 Mustang Lx Coupe 2.3 -- DD / Stereo upgraded thats it, for now...

Best to date-- 12.4 @ 116 MPH, 1.95' on stock tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I just got an iphone4 on the 18th and mine synced without a problem. Did you delete your old device off the Sync, maybe that's the problem? Are you trying to connect it to sync at the same time it's connected to the headset?

2010 V6 Premium Grabber Blue
Appearance: MUSTANG chrome lettering on the rear, Painted decklid emblem, MMD Rear Decklid Panel, Quarter Window Louvers, GT Front Bumper Cover, Saleen grille, Blue painted calipers
Performance: Dual exhaust w/ the custom y-pipe, & flowmasters, JLT Cold Air Intake, 87 Street tune
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011
Apprentice

I never had any issues. I have both my 160gig ipod and my iphone4 synced. I now leave the ipod permanently plugged and if i want to listen to my iPhone I listen to it off the bluetooth. If you are still having issues after lovemystang22's suggestion, I suggest you pull out the sync fuse for a minute and let it reset. if that doesnt do the trick, I would focus on the iphone. My sync acts up sometimes ands after I reset it via the fuse it works perfectly.

There are also forums on the syncmyride.com website that may also have helpful answers.

Good Luck!

Ordered: 2.21.12 VIN: 3.23.12 Build: 4.13.12 ETA: 4.22.12
2013 GT Premium. 6MT. Deep Impact Blue. Recaros, Nav, Track Pack, Reverse sensing, Backup Camera. Borla S-Type Axlebacks, WeatherTech floor mats, Ford Racing K Springs, BMR Adj. Panhard, Upper and lower billet grille.

12.10.2011 RIP: 2012 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6M, 3.73's, reverse sensing package, premium wheels, Grabberpony Shift Knob, WeatherTech floor mats, BOSS valence and splitter, Saleen Grille, HID's, Roush Axlebacks.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Hye View Post
I never had any issues. I have both my 160gig ipod and my iphone4 synced. I now leave the ipod permanently plugged and if i want to listen to my iPhone I listen to it off the bluetooth. If you are still having issues after lovemystang22's suggestion, I suggest you pull out the sync fuse for a minute and let it reset. if that doesnt do the trick, I would focus on the iphone. My sync acts up sometimes ands after I reset it via the fuse it works perfectly.

There are also forums on the syncmyride.com website that may also have helpful answers.

Good Luck!
just wondering but how do you reset it via the fuse? just for future reference.

2010 V6 Premium Grabber Blue
Appearance: MUSTANG chrome lettering on the rear, Painted decklid emblem, MMD Rear Decklid Panel, Quarter Window Louvers, GT Front Bumper Cover, Saleen grille, Blue painted calipers
Performance: Dual exhaust w/ the custom y-pipe, & flowmasters, JLT Cold Air Intake, 87 Street tune
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011
Apprentice

Simple, hehe. Pull the fuse and leave it out for a minute. Ignition off of course.

Ordered: 2.21.12 VIN: 3.23.12 Build: 4.13.12 ETA: 4.22.12
2013 GT Premium. 6MT. Deep Impact Blue. Recaros, Nav, Track Pack, Reverse sensing, Backup Camera. Borla S-Type Axlebacks, WeatherTech floor mats, Ford Racing K Springs, BMR Adj. Panhard, Upper and lower billet grille.

12.10.2011 RIP: 2012 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6M, 3.73's, reverse sensing package, premium wheels, Grabberpony Shift Knob, WeatherTech floor mats, BOSS valence and splitter, Saleen Grille, HID's, Roush Axlebacks.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011
MACH I Member

I don't have my GT yet so please excuse the [email protected] question here. Isn't there a way to reset Sync without pulling the fuse?

Maybe I'm a bit lacking in the intelligence department, but it seems pretty dumb to not have a reset feature. Am I wrong?

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
I don't have my GT yet so please excuse the [email protected] question here. Isn't there a way to reset Sync without pulling the fuse?

Maybe I'm a bit lacking in the intelligence department, but it seems pretty dumb to not have a reset feature. Am I wrong?
Yes! You will find the detail for reset and factory reset in the glovebox manual.

There is all kinds of good info here too. SYNC | Change Songs, Make Phone Calls, Get Directions - All Using Your Voice | Ford.com

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
Yes! You will find the detail for reset and factory reset in the glovebox manual.

There is all kinds of good info here too. SYNC | Change Songs, Make Phone Calls, Get Directions - All Using Your Voice | Ford.com
Wow! Thanks! Looks like a nice site. I'll be reading now...

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for everyone's help I'm an idiot just simply needed to delete the old phone and it sync'd up no problem

2011 Mustang Gt Yellow Blaze / Brembo Pk / 373 / 6MT / HID /
Mods to date-- Diablo Tune / Magnaflow Comp Series Axle Backs / ScanGuage II / Wtech Floor Liners / Eibach Pro-Kit / UPR LCAs / UPR UCA
380rwhp/370torque

93 Mustang Lx Coupe 2.3 -- DD / Stereo upgraded thats it, for now...

Best to date-- 12.4 @ 116 MPH, 1.95' on stock tires
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemystang22 View Post
I just got an iphone4 on the 18th and mine synced without a problem. Did you delete your old device off the Sync, maybe that's the problem? Are you trying to connect it to sync at the same time it's connected to the headset?
In addition to deleting the old deivce, you might want to go through the process where you connect a Flash drive with the toolkit and run it again. My iPhone4 synced to the car fine after I deleted the 3GS, but when I ran a vehicle health report it would not show up on the syncmyride website even though the car said it completed successfully. After I ran the toolkit again on the car with the flash drive everything was fine.

2016 GT Premium Coupe|Equipment Group 401A|GT Performance Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page