Might Have to Sell the Stang :( - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Might Have to Sell the Stang :(

Well, like the title says. I might have to sell my mustang soon. I might be moving and im gonna need an suv or something to help me out. Getting rid of my debt would help me out alot too. I was looking at a 06 Jeep SRT8.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011
Apprentice

i got sad reading this story, i hope you can find a way to keep her

2011 gt 5.0 base, tint, hushpowers, frpp p springs..for now..

happy everyday knowing what I get to drive!
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Man, rent a u-haul! Keep the car.

2011 v6 PP Race Red
Flowmaster Super 44's
K&N Drop In
3.73 Rear End
Axle Exchange Driveshaft

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Why not rent a U-haul, U-Carry or a U-whatever moving truck. I don't believe they are typically that expensive to rent, plus you won't have to trade the Pony for a SUV and you get to keep the Pony. Unless the Pony has put you in some serious financial straits or you just don't love it anymore, I couldn't find any reason to sell just cause you're moving.

I would at least look into the moving truck bit before making any firm decisions.

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

a 4 mpg suv with no "utility" is going to help you?

2012 blk/blk gt premium, 400a, brembos, comfort, reverse/security, 3.73's...

Ordered 4/16, vin 6/2, window sticker 6/9, build date 6/16, ETA 6/27, arrived 6/25, picked up 6/29...

mods: magnaflow streets, frpp power pack, mgw shifter, dss driveshaft, s/s clutch/brake lines, steeda rear suspension.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011
PONY Member

.....its called a u-haul.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
a 4 mpg suv with no "utility" is going to help you?
+111111, they have zero utility, heck the center exhaust means they can't even tow stuff. Keep the stang and add a small hitch so you can pull a U-haul. it gets better MPG then a lot of other cars, especially SUV's

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do but hopefully you don't have to sell the car unless you really want to. Keep in mind what the repair bills might be on one of the vehicles you mentioned. I dialed it back to a much older car in a situation similar to yours a few years back and for what I was spending in repair bills to keep the thing on the road I'd have been much better off keeping the nice car.

Good luck.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe • Performance White • 6R80 • HID • 64M Wheels • Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner • GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set • Ohio's Horses License Plate • Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Kurtz View Post
.....its called a u-haul.
Yeah I know this...I just couldn't think of the name other companies called their moving trucks.

Let's just chalk it up to a brain fart. :laughlitt

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 Slvr Bullitt View Post
Yeah I know this...I just couldn't think of the name other companies called their moving trucks.

Let's just chalk it up to a brain fart. :laughlitt
Lol, sorry that wasnt directed at you, but the OP
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 412horses View Post
Well, you gotta do what you gotta do but hopefully you don't have to sell the car unless you really want to. Keep in mind what the repair bills might be on one of the vehicles you mentioned. I dialed it back to a much older car in a situation similar to yours a few years back and for what I was spending in repair bills to keep the thing on the road I'd have been much better off keeping the nice car.

Good luck.
I would have to agree. I went from used car to used car finally ending with a 2006 accord. Every car needed repairs and when you amortize the cost of repair over a year period and add that to your payments chances are you may be hitting close to your payment right now. Plus, the new car is under warranty etc. Thats why I wouldnt go back to used.
Apprentice

Don't know how much they charge for a moving truck up there... but in Austin it's $20 a day for a 14' U-HAUL, and $30 a day for a 21' plus gas, a security deposit, and like $17 for insurance. Took me all of one day to move from a second story condo to a third story apartment across town. You could also rent a suburban, but moving in an SUV you don't even own yet? Taking a huge depreciation hit on a car with 26 MPG and trading in for a sport-utilityless-vehicle that gets 13? MPG is not a way to get out of debt.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Its not the moving part that I need to sell it. Im moving out of state where I have no family what so ever. Im 22 and I live with my parents and they have a subaru forester that I have to use all the time.

Im moving 4 states away, by myself, and no family around. Im gonna need some kind of suv or truck to move things around, if I ever need to buy like a tv or refrigerator or something like that. A sports car wouldnt be much help.

Being on my own I would like to start off having no debt at all. SRT8 was just an idea too, not a final decision. If I have to ill get the base jeep or something. I dont want to sell her, but at 22 iv been given an amazing opportunity to be possibly making $30 an hour. I would need awd or 4X4 also.

MACH I Member

You need the Stang to meet girls at the new place... Okay, poor taste in jokes. Most places now will deliver TVs etc. Besides, you're 22...3 cans of tuna, a loaf of bread, two twelve packs, and some socks will fit in the trunk just fine.

Don't do it!

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
You need the Stang to meet girls at the new place... Okay, poor taste in jokes. Most places now will deliver TVs etc. Besides, you're 22...3 cans of tuna, a loaf of bread, two twelve packs, and some socks will fit in the trunk just fine.

Don't do it!
I just dont see how I can without selling it. I deff need awd or something for the winter time. I cant keep it AND get a car with awd. I dont want to sell it, but looks like ill have to

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page