shaker hood - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

shaker hood

Anybody have one if so what do you think ?
I personally love the look... not too much the price tho

What do you guys think ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011
Rookie

I agree with the looks. Looks very old school. I've heard that you really don't see a performance increase until 40mph :/ I could be misquoting though. If you're going to keep your car for a long time I'd say go for it!

2008 Mustang V6 Auto Pony Package.
Mods:JLT CAI, Screamin' Demon Coil Pack, Taylor Thunder Street Wires, NGK G-Power Platinum spark plugs, SCT 93 Octane Tune
Old 07-07-2011
Rookie

By the way. I love how your mustang looks. I'm jealous haha. A shaker, no doubt, would look awesome on it!

2008 Mustang V6 Auto Pony Package.
Mods:JLT CAI, Screamin' Demon Coil Pack, Taylor Thunder Street Wires, NGK G-Power Platinum spark plugs, SCT 93 Octane Tune

Apprentice

Thank you .... yeah I'm keeping this car for ever.... I trade in a Mazda rx8 for ...love the power ...

Just woundering about water getting in ... seeing if anyone had any issues with that ?
Old 07-07-2011
Redlyr

You are never going to see any gains from them. Yes they look cool, but any "ram air" effect is negated by the fact that it is not a sealed system. Any pressure built up from high speed air is just going to get bled out.
Apprentice

1111-7000-01 MUSTANG CLASSIC DESIGN CONCEPTS SHAKER SYSTEM GT 2011

Best price I found for $629.99

Inregards to performance .... I don't know enough of the science but It should help with something
Old 07-07-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0calispecial View Post
1111-7000-01 MUSTANG CLASSIC DESIGN CONCEPTS SHAKER SYSTEM GT 2011

Best price I found for $629.99

Inregards to performance .... I don't know enough of the science but It should help with something
Personally I think that one looks dumb sitting atop the already high cowl of our hoods. That thing in the middle of a nice clean flat hood might look ok, maybe. Not my cup of tea.

2012 Mustang GT Premium - Lava Red - Lava Red interior - 6R80 - Glass Roof - HID/SP - EP - RVC - RSS - CP - Remote Start
Ordered 4/30/11 VIN 5/26/11 Sticker Online 6/2/11 Build 6/8/11 ETA 6/29/11 ETA2 7/4/11 ETA3 7/11/11 Delivered 7/13/11
Old 07-07-2011
PONY Member

its a big hole on your hood, i think i read somewhere that a lil bit of air gets under there and makes the hood move a bit, not 100% on that.

may look kinda like this http://autostyling1.files.wordpress...._reed_boss.jpg

but if you ask me i would get something more like this.
http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content...images_001.jpg

2011 V6 Premium, auto,
BAMA tune, AIRAID cai, BBK X-pipe & LT'S from AM
Old 07-07-2011
PONY Member

+1 looks cool...you need to blackout that part of the hood to give it the right look
Old 07-07-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I think it looks cool. Go for it! I do like the look of it better though with the whole section blacked out as well though.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in