Who takes there Automotive cleaning supplies - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Who takes there Automotive cleaning supplies

with them on vacation besided me,or do you just wait till the trip is done and do a major detail job.i allways stop at the local car wash first when i get back to spray off all the road grime also befor i pull into my drivway.and i mean like a week or two vacation.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I don't always take everything but I do take all my Griot's Garage essentials so I can supplement whatever local car wash I can find. Stuff like the spray-on wax so I can touch the car up, keep the finish sealed, and get the bug goo off easily, the good window cleaner and microfiber towels (several types, window specific, soft wax removal, etc,) and the waterblade.

Vacations and trips mean time to relax and who can relax with a dirty car or a car with a bug beard?

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
MACH I Member

I always have a quick detailer, bug/tar spray, microfiber cloths and a water blade (for windows) in my car. As for extended stay you got me thinkin now! I'll probably take a bit more, but undecided about my double buckets.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

California duster, quick detailer and microfiber clothes are always in the car.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
MACH I Member
S197 Member

All I do on long trips is high pressure wash and quick detailer, once when I get close to my destination, and once right before I get home. I do keep the quick detailer and a microfiber handy all times to remove random acts of god and "normal characteristics". Bug splatter and bird droppings will eat into Ford paint quickly depending on how long your paint has cured and how well it is protected.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAKATed10 View Post
California duster, quick detailer and microfiber clothes are always in the car.

^This! I've been doing this for many years. It really helps with those surprises that seem to pop up unexpectedly.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
Apprentice

I'm starting my cross country trip tomorrow and already have my complete detailing kit packed in the car. I have not packed a thing for myself yet but the car is ready to go. It will be a 44 day trip there and back so there is no way I'm going to be able to go that long without a complete detail or 3. My wife thinks I'm nuts but I usually get up in the morning before each leg of the trip and clean the car so it looks good for the days drive.

2011 GT 5.0, Sterling Grey, Coupe, MT-82 Manual 6-speed Transmission, 3.73 Limited Slip Rear End, GT Brembo Brake Performance Package w/19" dark wheels, Hood Scoop, Pedestal Spoiler, HID headlamps, Security Package, All Black Leather Interior, Side Body Scoops, Shaker 500 Stereo System, Roush Axle-Backs, Barton Shifter Bracket and shift ball, SCT 91 performance tune.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

^ Awesome. Are you taking RT 66?

Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
Apprentice

Yes, I always take parts of RT66 every time I go cross country. We did it last year in her Taurus. A few years ago when the Navy chase to send me out here I was towing my 65 Mustang and just had to stop and take it off the trailer for some driving time on RT66. In my opinion you just cant make this drive in a Mustang without traveling parts of RT66. I'll be sure to post some pics.

2011 GT 5.0, Sterling Grey, Coupe, MT-82 Manual 6-speed Transmission, 3.73 Limited Slip Rear End, GT Brembo Brake Performance Package w/19" dark wheels, Hood Scoop, Pedestal Spoiler, HID headlamps, Security Package, All Black Leather Interior, Side Body Scoops, Shaker 500 Stereo System, Roush Axle-Backs, Barton Shifter Bracket and shift ball, SCT 91 performance tune.
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I look forward to seeing some of those pics.
And thank you for your service.

Apprentice

^^^
Your welcome. The first leg starts tomorrow and were getting a pretty late start so much of the trip will be in the dark but I'm sure I'll find an excuse for a few shots. I'll have some pick up soon.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

My stuff is always in the trunk. When I go to my timeshare in Orlando, my first stop is at my friends down in Lakeland to wash the car, saves me having to carry the buckets and car wash stuff.
My wife is used to me getting up everyday to clean the vehicle when on vacation, I have always done it.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page