Bama Boys shine again - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
Bama Boys shine again

I read all about how some of you guys are smoking your tires with a tune and etc..I have the bama tunes, and even in RACE my tires wouldn't spin unless I loaded up and dumped the clutch. I called Bama and talked with ERIC.. I told him my sad story and he redid my Race 93 tune as an experiment.. Once I got it installed and went out to try it.. WOW WOW WOW ! what a difference. This GT has more spunk than ever before. Squealing tires is not a problem, even after shifting.. I mean, it is scary to tromp on it now.. I called ERIC this morning and gave him a report.. He was glad to help and after he looked at the new tune, he is gonna revise the other 2 tunes (stock 91 and performance 91 ) and take care of the small hestation I now have in Race. There is a little bog when coming off idle to wot..He will fix this..I wanna tell you guys if you don't already know, these bama guys are so easy to work with and understanding. This is truly a great place to do business..Thanks for the listen

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter1853 View Post
I read all about how some of you guys are smoking your tires with a tune and etc..I have the bama tunes, and even in RACE my tires wouldn't spin unless I loaded up and dumped the clutch. I called Bama and talked with ERIC.. I told him my sad story and he redid my Race 93 tune as an experiment.. Once I got it installed and went out to try it.. WOW WOW WOW ! what a difference. This GT has more spunk than ever before. Squealing tires is not a problem, even after shifting.. I mean, it is scary to tromp on it now.. I called ERIC this morning and gave him a report.. He was glad to help and after he looked at the new tune, he is gonna revise the other 2 tunes (stock 91 and performance 91 ) and take care of the small hestation I now have in Race. There is a little bog when coming off idle to wot..He will fix this..I wanna tell you guys if you don't already know, these bama guys are so easy to work with and understanding. This is truly a great place to do business..Thanks for the listen
Thanks for taking the time to post this - good to read something positive about a Tune experience after all the doom and gloom that has appeared recently here. Please continue to keep us posted!

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
PONY Member

Do you know if I can datalog with the SCT tuner or do I need a pc and the tuner? I want to run a datalog and give it to bama for some fine tuning. Off to search the forums for answers!

2012 GT Black Premium 6MT, 20" Black Foose Nitrous Staggered.

MODS: Airaid CAI, 93 BAMA Performance Tune, Roush Axle-Backs, GT500 Splash Guards, Shorty Antenna, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Extra Chrome Trim, 3rd Brake Light Decal, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge w/ Roush Vent Pod, Valetine 1.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm75 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post this - good to read something positive about a Tune experience after all the doom and gloom that has appeared recently here. Please continue to keep us posted!
No doubt, if someone comes back and says "yah but will they fix your engine if it blows up???" I am going to freak out.... lol

2003 Sonic Blue Mustang SVT Cobra - 460RWHP - 480ftlbs

SOLD - 2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 401RWHP SAE - 12.64s @ 114.48mph

SOLD - 2003 Redfire Mustang GT
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMoneY View Post
Do you know if I can datalog with the SCT tuner or do I need a pc and the tuner? I want to run a datalog and give it to bama for some fine tuning. Off to search the forums for answers!
You need a PC to datalog.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
PONY Member

Don't tune - you'll make Earth **** continent #8!

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
OK Hawkeye--you sit there and worry about the dumb-ass warranty--I'm gonna go out and enjoy my stang!! Hi and Bye

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
Apprentice

What was causing the power loss? What was changed? Was it a canned tune originally?

Thanks for any info.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011
GT Member

Quote:
OK Hawkeye--you sit there and worry about the dumb-ass warranty--I'm gonna go out and enjoy my stang!! Hi and Bye
I think that may have been sarcasm

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMoneY View Post
If Bama sends you the setup file with the parameters they want you to log, and they only need limited time logged, you could log straight to the tuner without a PC connected. You will still need to connect the tuner to a PC to load the setup file on it and download the log from the tuner, but you won't need a laptop in the car.

Anyway, if you want them to look at datalogs ask Bama what they want. They can explain you what to do and much easier than searching forums ...
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by konablue5oh View Post
If Bama sends you the setup file with the parameters they want you to log, and they only need limited time logged, you could log straight to the tuner without a PC connected. You will still need to connect the tuner to a PC to load the setup file on it and download the log from the tuner, but you won't need a laptop in the car.

Anyway, if you want them to look at datalogs ask Bama what they want. They can explain you what to do and much easier than searching forums ...
Thanks for the info.

2012 GT Black Premium 6MT, 20" Black Foose Nitrous Staggered.

MODS: Airaid CAI, 93 BAMA Performance Tune, Roush Axle-Backs, GT500 Splash Guards, Shorty Antenna, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Extra Chrome Trim, 3rd Brake Light Decal, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge w/ Roush Vent Pod, Valetine 1.
PONY Member

Quote:
Hawkeye was just pulling your leg .
Apprentice

Quote:
And people wonder why number 8 is a problem. Read the above closely. Why was it so far off in the first place? These cars are done, by them, all the time, right? Not like it was some odd combination of mods that they haven't dealt with. So when it wasn't making power, why? Rich or lean, tons of timing or not near enough? Was it safe when it was a turd, or on the edge of knock?

Shoddy tunes aren't good for 5.0's.
GT Member

you gotta love the bama fans on their knees

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
PONY Member

Quote:
I guess you don't really hear a lot of "Jokes" in Montana. Perhaps you didn't know there is no continent #8? I guess Geography lessons aren't up to par up there.

In case you couldn't tell (and I'm guessing you couldn't), I was gently mocking the people terrified of their warranties.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page