How to lease a 2012 GT Convertible Premium? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

How to lease a 2012 GT Convertible Premium?

Hi everyone,

I really want to lease a 2012 GT Convertible Premium for tax reasons (self-employed, deductions, etc) and the deals are horrible. Does anyone have any suggestions, recommendations, etc? Third party leasing companies? The quotes / rates / residuals I'm getting back from Ford are non-starters.

Thanks for an advice / pointers.

-Ryan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011
GT Member

I used to sell cars; I will NEVER lease a car; it plain just isn't worth it...

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

It's worth it to some people depending on their tax situation. Keep in mind you can also deduct the gas, insurance, maintenance on business leases, which can equal a 35-40% discount. I don't want to get into a debate about lease vs buy, each to their own. I'm just trying to find a way to do it with reasonable rates, or I'll *have* to buy it because of the really poor deals.

-Ryan

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011
Apprentice

It's worth it only if the manufacturer's financing div is subsidizing the leases. Mercs (most of the time) and BMWs (almost all of the time), leasing is fantastic if you just want to use the car and dump it. Especially in states like mine where the sales tax is just a tick under 10%.

When I bought mine in June, Ford's money factor was off the charts insane but the residual wasn't awful. You might have decent luck with a 3rd party leasing company, but doubt it'll be advantageous over the rebates and low interest rate financing.

2012 GT Premium Convertible 401A Kona Blue Charcoal w/Grabber Blue 6spd manual Brembo Comfort HID Reverse Sensing Rearview Camera
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011
Apprentice

Third party banks are by far cheaper than with Ford Credit. Check US Bank and local credit union's. My car I leased through a local credit union my dealer dealt with and the payment was about $60 cheaper per month.

Third party banks have lower money factors and qualify for the factory rebates which lowers the payment. One thing to be careful of is that there is an end up lease termination fee of up to $600 depending on the company. I negotiated mine down to $300 from $400 which was fine with me because I got a 36 month lease with only 35 payments so it really only added that last payment to the overall cost.

Credit union's I guess are a little more lenient on damages at turn-in than US Bank (what I was told). Ford Credit leases are inspected by the dealer at turn in and can have a lot of damages "waived" if you buy another car from that dealer. Hope that helps.

12' Grabber Blue, 101A Package, Security Package, MT82. Base stereo mods
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
I used to sell cars; I will NEVER lease a car; it plain just isn't worth it...
That's funny because most of the sales people I spoke with around my area lease their vehicles. Might have something to do with a lot of A/Z plan discounted rates in my area. Two guys said they didn't want to deal with the depreciation and maintenance costs. I leased because I am done with college but it'll probably be several more years before I can afford a 5.0 and start any real modding lol

12' Grabber Blue, 101A Package, Security Package, MT82. Base stereo mods
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabbechipewas View Post
That's funny because most of the sales people I spoke with around my area lease their vehicles. Might have something to do with a lot of A/Z plan discounted rates in my area. Two guys said they didn't want to deal with the depreciation and maintenance costs. I leased because I am done with college but it'll probably be several more years before I can afford a 5.0 and start any real modding lol
Leasing is a good choice for someone who has money to waste and always have a car payment... and never wants the car to be their own; there are so many restrictions on leasing it isn't even funny.

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page