Bought a 2012 Mustang GT Today!!!!! - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011
2006GTfan

Bought a 2012 Mustang GT Today!!!!!

So I decided to go up to the nearby Ford dealer and looked, and drove one! Rides soooo much better than my 2006, and the throttle response on the automatic while not perfect is a lot better than my sluggish 2006.

I was able to get it near invoice. I probably could have got a little better, but my 2006 had accident damage on the drivers side bumper, and was able to get almost 17k for it still!

I can't wait for the 1000 miles to be up so I can have fun with it. I still have not floored it all the way yet though.

So glad I got the premium over the base model. Sooo much better.

The thing has TONS of power though.

I wonder what 3:73 or 4:10s would be like on this auto.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011
PONY Member

Congrats on the new ride bro! Dont be afraid to punch it hard now and again to seat those rings,,as long as you are not hitting the rev limiter and vary the RPM you will be set for break in. I am very impressed by the new 5.0

2012 GT Premium, BLACK,401A blk/cashmere,3.73,Brembos,Glass Roof,Hood scoop,ped spoiler,C/S dark stainless grill/C/S lower fascia with fogs
Ordered 1/3/11, Vin 4/7/11,Built 4/25/11,Delivered 5/13/11

MODS: ROUSH axlebacks, ROUSH interior trim,ROUSH illuminated door sills,ROUSH CAI, smoked tail, marker lights,decklid blackout, AM louvers,35% tint, Barton short throw shifter/bracket.iTSX tuner with BAMA 93 tune
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011
2006GTfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GTBLK View Post
Congrats on the new ride bro! Dont be afraid to punch it hard now and again to seat those rings,,as long as you are not hitting the rev limiter and vary the RPM you will be set for break in. I am very impressed by the new 5.0
Thanks. Im just affraid to drive it LOL always worried someone will hit me.

It had a minor hail ding in it that has to be repaired and I have to take it back in because I talked them into throwing window tinting in there as well. A Mustang isn't complete without tinting.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011
GT Member
S197 Member

pics?!!!! congrats!

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011
Apprentice

Congrats! That grin seems to last a while.:smilie

2011 Candy GT Vert
1969 Camaro
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011
GT Member

congrats man!

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011
GT Member

Nice man!

Like others said, don't be afraid to stomp on it. Seat those rings!

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011
2006GTfan

I'll have more pics up tomorrow hopefully. It still has to go to the dealer and get the window tinting I had them thrown in installed, and there was a few minor hail dings also.

I'm just so scared when parking it that someone will hit the car!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
lol Im the same way, my wife laughs at me all the time because Im so picky how and where I park

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
PONY Member

Well, don't mean to hijack your thread, but here's a picture of mine that I picked up this morning. Black over Black. Now has 75 miles on it, and my dog loves it. Base GT with Brembos, reverse sensing, and all weather mats. Personally I don't mind the base interior - I will be upgrading the steering wheel, though. I sold my 2011 V6 to get in on the GT party. The V6 was a blast, but I can tell this one's gonna be a beast.

2012 Mustang GT Brembo, 3.73, all weather mats, rear parking sensor, Gibson Stainless Axlebacks. 300a. Rousch takeoff leather interior, Boss 302 steering wheel. Mustang Club of MD.
2006GTfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo325 View Post
Well, don't mean to hijack your thread, but here's a picture of mine that I picked up this morning. Black over Black. Now has 75 miles on it, and my dog loves it. Base GT with Brembos, reverse sensing, and all weather mats. Personally I don't mind the base interior - I will be upgrading the steering wheel, though. I sold my 2011 V6 to get in on the GT party. The V6 was a blast, but I can tell this one's gonna be a beast.

Nice. Yea I like the black, and Kona blue the best, but the St. Louis summers those cars would be a frying pan, and they get too dirty easily. I had a silver Mustang in the past so decided Silver didn't look bad. Good thing is with silver small dings and water spots are not as easily seen.

I was thinking about ordering a base 2012 or buying one of the used ones, but I've seen the pics of the base 5.0s and driven a 06 one in the past. Honestly Im glad I decided to spend the 5k more for the premium thinking about it now. the base looked too cheap in the inside and the gauge cluster looks cheaper, ect.

Again nothing against the base because I considered it because of the cost savings, but I'm glad I have the premium.

I thought my 2006 interior was nice for an American car, and I admit I liked it a lot, but the 2010+ interior blows it away.

My mom took it for a spin tonight, and when she was pulling it into the garage she pressed the front bumper against the air compressor a bit. Luckily it only touched the hose. I about s***** myself at first.
GLD
Apprentice

Congrats guys...drive'em like you stole'em

Gary
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
I often wonder that too.. The high gears are nice if ya do a lot of highway driving.. I think if I installed gears in mine I wouldn't go 4:10 and stick with 3:73's..Ford Racing 3.73 Gears (11-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! The numbers look good enough to still run on the highway..
If you are wanting to drag... 4:10 all the way...

BTW

Quote:
Me too.. I will park real far away from everyone... Never fails.. Someone will park next to me by the time I come out.. It's like they are hoping to add some looks to their car by parking next to baby..

Joshua
2011 GT Premium.
Free Timex option
perfect shifting Automatic
Candy Apple metallic
Tri bar pony badges all the way around
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
So I decided to go up to the nearby Ford dealer and looked, and drove one! Rides soooo much better than my 2006, and the throttle response on the automatic while not perfect is a lot better than my sluggish 2006.

I was able to get it near invoice. I probably could have got a little better, but my 2006 had accident damage on the drivers side bumper, and was able to get almost 17k for it still!

I can't wait for the 1000 miles to be up so I can have fun with it. I still have not floored it all the way yet though.

So glad I got the premium over the base model. Sooo much better.

The thing has TONS of power though.

I just went from a 2009 to a 2012 myself so I know exactly what you mean... I was expecting the power boost but not the quantum leap in the quality of the ride and how solid the car feels. I'm enjoying all the Premium's toys too, LOL... telling my iPod what to play, never having to worry about knowing exactly where something is before I leave the house, and always being able to order my Chinese or pizza at the exact right distance away so that's it ready just as a pull up. I'm having a blast with every aspect of this car.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
MACH I Member

Congrats! I just got mine this week and I'm loving it to death. Lot's of pictures please.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page