New Guy: Traded 2010 SS for 2011 Mustang GT convertible - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
2006GTfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
I love the way the Camaros look, but I agree that the interior sucks, and the visibility is as bad as the Challenger. The interior on the 2010+ Mustangs is what I think really makes the difference...along with SYNC. I was a huge Camaro fan just based on the exterior styling before driving the two, but after driving both, the Mustang won me over.

The Mrs. loves the way the Challenger looks over all of the three, but it is so heavy and slow...plus, my boss drives one; so, that was an instant disqualifier

Congrats on your new ride!
Isn't next years model basically the same, but it's getting a interior upgrade? If the pics of it I have seen on the net are right, it will still look like crap compared to the Mustang.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

I decided life was too short to drive around with a roof over my head so started looking at a convertible. The Mustang Verts have been out longer and I had heard nothing but good things about them. The Camaro has just came out and one comparison I've read say they were leaking.

Plus I've always been a Mustang guy so I returned to the fold.

Issh

Current Mustang: 2011 Black 5.0 Convertible
Second Mustang: 2001 White V6 Coupe
First Mustang: 1986 Red LX 2.3l 4 Cyl
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
Isn't next years model basically the same, but it's getting a interior upgrade? If the pics of it I have seen on the net are right, it will still look like crap compared to the Mustang.
Not sure. I know basically the only change between 2010 and 2011 was the HUD. And even though I've owned Boston Acoustics speakers and subs before, I thought the sound of the Shaker 500 was better than the upgraded BA system in the Camaro.

Ford made some fantastic jumps in the 2010 (interior) and 2011 (powertrain) model years. At this point, I almost don't care about what Chevy is planning...I want to see what the 2014 and 2015 Mustangs will be

2011 3.7L Premium 6A, MCA Package, Comfort & Security Package

Performance Mods: 3.73 Rear Gears, Airaid CAI, BAMA 87 Street Tune

Aesthetic Mods: 20% Tint

Apprentice
4.6L Member

Garage
I drove a Camaro SS convertible AFTER my Mustang was ordered just to see what it was like. I really like the exterior of the Camaro although the dimensions are too big. It's a big car! I really did not like the interior of the Camaro at all and it actually seemed smaller inside versus the Mustang. It was comfortable to drive but just looked a lot cheaper inside than the Mustang. Also, the visibility was not good at all, even with the top down. Looking thru the rear view mirror with the top down all I could see was the rear deck basically and I'm 6'0". The powertrain was impressive though and it was a fun car. I had an '03 Mustang GT convertible before and I was set on the Mustang but there was no comparison on the interior and Camaro was also too big, IMO. The Camaro and Challenger are both nice cars, but their size is not conducive to being a 'pony' car. I think GM is getting ready to change platforms with the Camaro and hopefully that will help. And they really need help redesigning the interior. I did like the HUD though.

2012 GT Premium Convertible, 401A, Ingot Silver, Brick Red/Cashmere Leather, Auto, HID, Security, Electronics Pkg, Comfort, Rear Camera.....
MACH I Member

I believe the law requires you to provide pictures...and lots of them!

Welcome and congrats!

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
I like them both but the Camaro is slightly slower, and the Camaro interior is garbage compared to the GT premium. After sitting in the premium it was so much better and is slightly faster too.
"I see," said the blind man.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
Also, the visibility was not good at all, even with the top down. Looking thru the rear view mirror with the top down all I could see was the rear deck basically and I'm 6'0".

Sad that they never did anything about the Camaro's visibility. I remember test driving a mid 80's model (1985-1989) and feeling like the little old blue-haired lady with the dash board at eye level. I HATED that feeling! Like the peep-hole in a tank. Standing outside the vehicle, it was nothing but windshield. Strange that they still do that.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Mach1 EH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Down Bruce View Post
Surely you jest !

Weather is probably more suitable for a vert in Ohio than Ontario.
Not so.

Surely you jest.

Really it doesn't snow up here 365 you know...

Nice vert, I enjoy mine too.

2003 Mach1 DSG (1of1595) IUP, 5 sp, MGW black locking fuel door, sequential flashers, K&N, Mach1 scuff plates, ID tags, MRT shifter, Borla cat back, Steeda full length subframe connectors, 3pt STB, AFS black chrome Mach1 Heritage 17 x 9 & 17 x 10.5 shoes, MRT hood struts.BIRTHDATE - 04/09/2003
2012 Shelby GT500 - performance white. SVT Performance Pack, navigation, Borla
2006 BMW 530XI (my new to me; DD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page