Which CAI/Tune to buy? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Which CAI/Tune to buy?

Okay, so my last thread was incredibly helpful in making the decision to do the tune/CAI first, and then do the tires but I do have one more question. I have tried to do some research myself on which CAI to buy and who to have the tune done by. I've checked the usual mod websites (american muscle, LMR, UPR, Brenspeed, etc.) and have pretty much decided to buy one of the tuner/CAI combo's to try to save a bit of money, the question is, which one to buy? I saw the Steeda intake/Bama tune combo on american muscle for $739 which peaked my interest because of the fact that they offer free tunes for life on future mods PURCHASED ANYWHERE, unlike brenspeed which only offers free tunes for life if you buy the mods through them. American muscle also has the combo with the bama tune with an airraid, C&L, and JLT intake for a bit less money ($675).

So I guess I have 2 questions, first am I on the right track thinking about doing the combo kits or should I go a whole different route. Second, if I am on the right track, which one should I buy? Has anyone done any of these kits and if so, what did they think of them?

Thanks in advance

-Kevin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Your on the right track, I have the steeda/bama tune and I love it. You can get 10% off by seaching for who to pm for the offer. I got mine for 695.00 out the door.....

2011 GT in Grabber Blue, Prem Package, 6MT, 3.73, Brembo, Comfort Pkg, Safety & Security Pkg, Acc. Pkg #5.

MODS:
VMP Roush R2300 TVS Supercharger, 82mm pulley, JLT-BAI, Roush Boost gauge, Boss Quad exhaust, Hushpowers, Boss trans cooler, Boss shifter ball, Saleen grille with Boss/CS front fascia.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011
GT Member

I went with AM/Bama and the Airaid CAI, very happy with it

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011
GT Member

Mine's an 06 but I love the JLT/Bama tune combo. I know for my car JLT dyno'd the biggest gains and was very well reviewed. Very happy with it. As for the tuner, there really isn't a question. Go with AM and Bama.

2006. GT. Automatic. White w/Black Stripes. 4.10 FRPP gears. JLT Cold Air. SCT X3. 93oct Race Tune by Bama

RWHP? Who cares!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Evolution/Lund tune or Lethal/Lund...My Carbon Fiber JLT and 93 street Evo/Lund tune made 411rwhp and 392lbtq and run 12.2 @ 114. A/f was 12.5-12.7 across the board.

2004 Mach 1 (sold)
2001 Camaro SS (blew the f%*k up, sold)
2011 Mustang GT M6 Brembo's....sold
2011 Mustang GT A6
Red Candy Metallic 400A 20' Ford Racing Spyders 20% tint
Racestar 17x4.5 & 15x8
Bassani Full Exhaust
Ford Racing [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page