MP3s with base stereo? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

MP3s with base stereo?

I have the base model stereo in my 2011 Mustang. Can I burn a data disc of MP3s with different folders, one folder for each artist, and play it in my Mustang's CD player? Will it recognize the folders?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I believe it will play mp3 files, don't know if it will recognize the folders.

Owners manual should say.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011
Apprentice

you are combining 2 different file types

in order to use it with folders, you would have to burn whats known as a "Data" CD. with this you can put anything on the cd that will fit within the *usually* ~700mb limit of the card. whether its pictures, mp3 files, video clips, what ever. you can put strickly mp3 files on here, but i don't think it will read a data type cd. whether it is sync or base.

the other way, which is how music is usually burned onto cds, is by burning it with just the music files on it, lasting within the given *usually* 80min limit, and i'm almost certain the mustang will read these whether is has sync or not.

i know this doesn't really answer your question, i mainly just wanted to clarify. i say check the manual

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0inAK View Post
*usually* ~700mb limit of the card.
Clarification appreciated, but you actually muddied up the water. Many MP3 software burning packages refer to an MP3 formatted disc as a "data disc". The final burn is only MP3 files. Not jpegs, gifs, bitmaps, x.doc or waht have you. There is not a "card" in play here. The OP wants to know about the capabilities of the CD player. It obviously uses discs. OP I can't speak to the system that's in the Mustang, but I used to have a 2010 Super Duty that had the base stereo. It played CD-R MP3 discs that were folderized. I doubt that the Mustang would go backwards from that capability.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictStang View Post
I have the base model stereo in my 2011 Mustang. Can I burn a data disc of MP3s with different folders, one folder for each artist, and play it in my Mustang's CD player? Will it recognize the folders?

Thanks!
Yes, it recognizes the folders and lets you jump between them.

I don't know how it handles folders within folders because I don't do that.

2016 Oxford White GT Premium, Performance Package w/silver wheels, 401A, Premier Redline trim, Adaptive Cruise, NAV, Reverse sensing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page