Good experience at car show - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Good experience at car show

Took my 2011 GT to a show yesterday. About 700 cars there. My car got more than it's share of attention. Lots of postive comments, people took pictures , smiled when they looked at it etc. I started it and revved it it a bit to show a friend what the Corsa extremes sounded like. That drew people like a magnet, they were all around my car.
Near the end of the show, a man approached and asked if I owned the Mustang. He shook hands and said he worked at the Essex engine plant where the 5.0's are built. He asked me how I liked the car. I said overall i loved it. He said he was so happy to hear that. Said the people at the plant had worked very hard on the 5.0 and they were poud of what has been built.
I told him about internet forum discussions about engine noises, problems etc. He told me that Ford didnt just throw this engine together. That it was well develped and well built, and that I needent worry about problems.
I also told him about the TSB regarding engine modifications. He was surprised as he was under the impression that Ford is well aware of what people are doing and that Ford is even encouraging owners to make certain modifications to their cars.
Anyways all in all I left the show feeling good about my car. A refreshing change from a lot of the negative stuff I've been reading lately.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
Randy--I did the exact same thing yoou did.. Got the same reactions too my GT..Isn't it a kick to have such a car? I love it!! Good luck in future. (I have GT500 axel-backs ) People say they sound better than the GT500 right next too me in the show..

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011
MACH I Member

Nice stuff guys. I've been getting all kinds of looks here in Europe. Mustangs are not seen around here as often as back home. I love this car!

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Congrats on your experience! It's great to hear the positive feedback!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Ya. Felt so good this morning, thought I would treat my Mustang. Called AM and ordered a Barton shifter and bracket.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011
Rake

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
I told him about internet forum discussions about engine noises, problems etc. He told me that Ford didnt just throw this engine together. That it was well develped and well built, and that I needent worry about problems.
So basically, a Ford employee told you that the problems people have been experiencing are all fake?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
Ya. Felt so good this morning, thought I would treat my Mustang. Called AM and ordered a Barton shifter and bracket.
I like your way of thinking!

Personally, I'd love to have the Hurst shifter, but it kind of scares me that it does away with the push-down reverse engagement. I've put mine into reverse by accident only once since I bought it. The Hurst would probably invite disaster.

I'll take a look at the Barton though. I'm not sure I've seen it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake View Post
So basically, a Ford employee told you that the problems people have been experiencing are all fake?
lol that whats you took from that statement...

This is what I took from it. That they worked very hard on the design of the engine. He has no control over the assembly of the engine or the forging of the metal.

2012 GT Black Premium 6MT, 20" Black Foose Nitrous Staggered.

MODS: Airaid CAI, 93 BAMA Performance Tune, Roush Axle-Backs, GT500 Splash Guards, Shorty Antenna, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Extra Chrome Trim, 3rd Brake Light Decal, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge w/ Roush Vent Pod, Valetine 1.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
S197 Member

There are negative people and @!#$ disturbers all over this planet.A lot of unhappy frustrated people who can't stand to see anyone else enjoy life. Forums, not excluded. That being said, Maybe you negative guys should start up your own forum huh

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page