Heartthrob Quality (pics) - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roospike View Post
Whats wrong with the welds? There not mechanized welds but thats ok. The extra wire and a brush sholuld of been taken care of. I dont see any holes and or porosity / under cut.
Well take a closer look at the pics again,you're right those are not holes,those are carbon wells,a carbon well happens when the rod tip gets a lil too high above the steel,loosing heat at it's core but allowing the outer flex to contact in centre rather than around the weld point... a carbon well is a weak spot in ANY weld.
Hit that spot with a welding hammer and carbon "glass" will shatter,resulting in a hole.
The welds themselves are very poorly done,notice the erratic right/left melt points, some are high and compacted while others lack bridging.

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to ogremad
I myself weld and have welded my own custom exhaust, those are welds are functional but will will quickly deteriorate and turn to ****/create holes. It appears to have been done by an amateur welder, it wasn't welded evenly whatsoever somewhat eratic

Tokico D-spec, Eibach Pro-Kit, Stack Racing strut tower brace, Steeda x5 ball joints, Steeda chromoly steel lower control arms, adjustable Edlebrock panhard bar
Apprentice

It would be nice if someone from Heartthrob monitored this forum the way other vendors do, then maybe this issue would be rectified.

Ordered 3/7/11 2012 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Kona Blue Metallic, Stone Interior, 400A, 6-Spd Manual, HID/Security Pkg., 3.55 LTD Slip, Comfort Pkg., Brembo Brake Pkg., Rear Video Camera.
VIN# 5/13/11
Window Sticker Published 5/20/11
Build Date 5/26/11
Delivery Date 6/6/11 Changed to 6/12/11
Delivered 7/1/11

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sheriff View Post
It would be nice if someone from Heartthrob monitored this forum the way other vendors do, then maybe this issue would be rectified.
This "issue" has been rectified. I sent it back, I received my money back.

Heartthrob's quality control is lacking/non-existent.

They have unqualified and/or completely indifferent welders.

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 / 400A / MT82 / 3.55 / Brembo Pkg / Comfort Pkg / Security Pkg
Mods: Stuff
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa-B View Post
Mine didnt look anything like your pics. .... I guess they are sacrificing quality to keep up with demand.

I was thinking the same thing.
Mine don't look like those pics.

'73 Mach 1 - Boss 351 clone in progress
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogremad View Post
I myself weld and have welded my own custom exhaust, those are welds are functional but will will quickly deteriorate and turn to ****/create holes. It appears to have been done by an amateur welder, it wasn't welded evenly whatsoever somewhat eratic
That was the point I was making. Been welding for many years as well here,manual welds are awesome if the person welding knows what he's/she's doing. I've seen manual welds that would put mechanical welds to shame,those are NOT one of them LOL

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhurricane View Post
This "issue" has been rectified. I sent it back, I received my money back.

Heartthrob's quality control is lacking/non-existent.

They have unqualified and/or completely indifferent welders.
Heartthrob's complete lack of quality control is what I ment by issue. Were it to be made a priority & considerably improved by them, they could add me to their list of customers.

Ordered 3/7/11 2012 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Kona Blue Metallic, Stone Interior, 400A, 6-Spd Manual, HID/Security Pkg., 3.55 LTD Slip, Comfort Pkg., Brembo Brake Pkg., Rear Video Camera.
VIN# 5/13/11
Window Sticker Published 5/20/11
Build Date 5/26/11
Delivery Date 6/6/11 Changed to 6/12/11
Delivered 7/1/11
Banned

Seems like MagnaFlow and Borla are the big winners for our cars.
Banned

BOSS Member
S197 Member

I have had Hearthrobe pipes on my car for about 2 years. I never really took any notice of what the welds looked like. I just put them on, dinked around with them a bit till I got them to seal and they are working great. Im not saying they are perfect.But sometimes parts don't have to look show quality to work. Especially when they are under the car .
Just my .02.ake it as you may lol.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Rookie

I've done a ton of exhaust work over the years including custom headers. Hard to believe they would send a piece out like that.
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
I have had Hearthrobe pipes on my car for about 2 years. I never really took any notice of what the welds looked like. I just put them on, dinked around with them a bit till I got them to seal and they are working great. Im not saying they are perfect.But sometimes parts don't have to look show quality to work. Especially when they are under the car .
Just my .02.ake it as you may lol.
OP. I put my glasses on this time and took a better look at your pictures. lol WOW ! the inside of those pipes looks terrible. Mine didn't look that bad at all.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
notaV8

this is why I only get the best for my car, I am in it every day and it has my life and whoever else that is riding with me too. I know this doesn't mean anything for an exhaust but so many people cheap out on their cars its sad. Long story short you pay for what you get for and that's why I have borlas and they have 9k on em and they look brand new and sound great
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

I find it funny when people are surprised when they get what they pay for.

Crappy welds on Kooks products would be news. This is not.

Oh yeah, and not tech. Moved.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
heartthrob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page