2011 Black 5.0 needs some stripes - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2011 Black 5.0 needs some stripes

So I've had my GT since December and my god do I love this car. Quite a change coming from a Caliber(yes yes laugh it up. I was 19 ok?! ) She's a GT Premium, but no options on top of that. I've always loved the black with red stripes/accents combo, so it's what I wanna have done with mine. Problem is, I can't really decide exactly how I wanna do it. I don't want to do just the stripes over the top, as that's common enough.

I've thought of a few different ideas. I saw a mockup a while ago of one with red hood spears and C stripes, which I do really like. I've also thought about going with the over the top stripes and adding C stripes, but I'm worried that's a bit too busy.

Either way, I know I wanna steal the GT500's seats with the red stripes, they look amazing. I just can't find anywhere to snag them, any suggestions?

For your, uh, pleasure, I made some quick mockups of my ideas. Yay for videogames. Sure it's a GT500, but Forza didn't have a 10/11 body style GT. Close enough right? :p

https://picasaweb.google.com/revangu...eat=directlink

Oh yeah. Hi everyone!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

There is nothing wrong with a good looking set of stipes but consider black matt on black. Thats what my GT/CS came with and its simultaneously bad a$$ looking and understated all in one.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I agree with Allentown. I'm not usually a huge fan of stripes but I do like it when they are close to same color of the car. Maybe the matte black or a gray.

-Steve
2011 GT Premium, Kona Blue, Security, Brembo, and 3.73s
Mods: Magnaflow Street Series Cat Back

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
i do love red and black but matte black and black also look great. Depends which you really want. I like uniqueness in the stripes though so go for something different then your standard stripes for some extra WOW factor.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011
PONY Member

Dark pewter stripes looks great on black .
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011
Apprentice

I think the red looks badass. I'm a big fan of things that tastefully pop out at you, and your renderings seem like it would do just that.

2011 Mustang GT/CS :: Performance White :: 6MT :: 3.73 gears :: Comfort Package :: 3M Carbon Fiber Tint 35% :: GT500 Splash Guards
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011
PONY Member

You should go with red over the top stripes and skip the spears and c-stripes. Trust me. 8

'11 GT Premium , kona blue stick, 3:55's, Brembo , Roush axle-backs, etc. + '95 rio red GTS
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011
PONY Member

Big fan of red and black contrasts. go for it

2011 GT 6M - List is long... too long
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011
Rookie

I'm thinking black cherry red stripes . So dark you can hardly tell they are there.

2011 GT, manual trans, Black, Brembo pkg, security pkg, electronics pkg, comfort pkg. 3:73 gears. 20% tint. It's my mid life crisis.
Rookie

One or the other not both in my opinion. the large stripes across the front/top/back plus the sides is to much for my tastes.

From your link if it were me I would go with the stripes across the the top, lose the sides, then paint my calipers the same colors as the stripes.

opinions are like...... so to each his own, just saying that I think you go one or the other, then what ever you decide, painting your brake calipers to match that color would really pop.

2012 performance white PP
Apprentice

What about over the top red racing stripes with two white pin stripes going down the red to make it pop. See 2011/2012 Shelby GT500 black with red to see what I mean.

Current: 2011 Mustang GT Premium 6 MT Race RED 401A SLP Loudmouth, BAMA 93-Race Tune

Sold: 2008 V6 Mustang, 2009 Mustang GT, 2010 Mustang GT
PONY Member

Matte black, or Lava would be my choice, subtle but add just the right touch...

2011 GT Premium, Sterling gray/ black interior,
400A, HIDs, security , comfort
louvers, scoops, rear cover,MRT struts
19" nickel lustre wheels, GT500 mufflers
3.73, 6 sp manual, CDC Classic chin, smoked corners
Apprentice

I saw this at a Ford dealer yesterday:

MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

^ I love those wheels!

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Sorry for seeming to ignore this thread, been out of town for a wedding. Driving from Phoenix to Idaho and back in 3 days is less than fun. I do like the black on black look, but it seems to be pretty common, so I'd like to go with the red.

@TwixT
K, so that's not just me. I do agree, C stripes plus the over the top looks a bit too busy for my tastes, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. Good suggestion for painting the calipers.

@cwatson998
Yup, I know exactly what you mean. There was a 2011 GT500 vert at the dealership I bought my GT from with exactly that scheme. The seats in the link are actually from that exact car. It does look pretty good.

@floridafordguy
That is one good lookin Mustang.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions/suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page