Should I be weary of buying the 2011/2012 mustang due to tranny issues? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Man View Post
No worries. Best anyone can figure, he doesn't even own one. For whatever reason, Swoope just trolls in and out of this forum claiming manual owners don't know how to drive, tracked it, power shift, etc... As I stated once before, his sign-off he uses every time is the hint as to what he does immediately before posting in his Mom's basement.

On topic and being helpful. I posted in the Getrag thread that Adam from Joe Heck Racing started that I recently purchased a manual transmission Mustang (new and no miles). I knew the car might be susceptible to these problems, but figured I would either be one of the lucky ones or just tackle the problem myself. I did have the shifting issues, and they started very quickly. After installing the JHR shifter bracket and Redline MTL fluid, the car is back to 100% and I couldn't be happier (currently have 790 miles).

Buy one. Install the JHR shift bracket and change the fluid to Redline MTL. Drive it. Enjoy it.

I am planning on installing the JHR High Flow clutch line soon as added prevention, but, honestly, at this point, I cannot possibly see how this car could shift any better. Easily on par with any BMW or Honda I've owned.
i dont feel that way at all. i feel that it is an alignment issue. and it is not the same issue on the cars that have issues...

i also feel that it is blown way out of proportion..

beers

lurking for knowledge 04rx8 track car, 12 GTI dsg daily driver

2015 eco boost with track pack = rx8 on track, but with power????????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page