2012 Mustang Questions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2012 Mustang Questions

Well i have been lurking in these forums for a while now and i find this site to be very informative and the most popular of the mustang forums. Ive haven't had much time but now that classes have ended i have more time now. I have my eye out for a 2012 mustang for a while and i should be getting one this summer. But i do have some questions.

-I know there are some transmission probs with the 6MT and that the majority of manuals are fine, but do any of u 2012 still experience issues or have Ford done something about it sine 2011 versions?

-leather wrinkling- for those who have this issue, is it the 400a package (standard premium leather), or the 401a package that is causing these issues? both?

-ive also heard that driveyourdream / zag is very helpful in the car buying process? If you build a car on their site, and bring it to the dealership affiliated with zag, is that price guaranteed.

Sorry if this is too much for this post or its not posted in the right section. Heres to getting to know u guys/gals better in the future.

2012 GT Premium/Race Red/6MT/3.73 gears/Borla S-type

Ordered-9/27/11
Build-10/28/11
ETA-11/20/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011
Snackmaster

Welcome to AFM! Good questions... you might pop over to our late model sections and see what the members there have experienced. I know there have been issues but I don't know how widespread they have been. Good luck and keep us posted... we'd love to see you in a Stang!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I have thew 401a premium interior in my car. As Ive posted in the past, still having issues unresolved by Ford with regards to seat wrinkling. I would say to you DO NOT get the 401a interior. If I had know what it was like, I would have stuck with the standard leather seats.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

so, only the 401a leather seats are having this issue? anyone with the 400a leather seats want to chime in?

Ordered-9/27/11
Build-10/28/11
ETA-11/20/11
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetsofNY View Post
so, only the 401a leather seats are having this issue? anyone with the 400a leather seats want to chime in?
I've got 400A lava red leather seats and they seem thick, durable, and fine to me. I'm coming from a 2010 Camaro that had thin leather which did wrinkle.

2012 GT500
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

#1) 402A Leather with no wrinkles in 7000 miles of in town driving
#2) The leather package will have less to do with the wrinkling than the way you enter, exit, and sit in the vehicle
#3) Price Ford has sold close to 100 Mustangs to AFM.com members in the past 2 years and I do my best to offer the best service at a VERY fair price.

Call me at the office if I can assist!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I counted a couple of times and I think I am pretty safe in saying that there are nowhere near to 2012 questions in your post...

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Im guessing i should be more cautious when entering and exiting now. Thx for the tip.

Ordered-9/27/11
Build-10/28/11
ETA-11/20/11
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011
PONY Member

I have 400A (ribbed) leather trim seats and my driver's side seat has been wrinkled almost since the car was new. Then had the seat panel replaced under warranty and the replacement panel is wrinkled just as bad as the original.

'11 GT Premium , kona blue stick, 3:55's, Brembo , Roush axle-backs, etc. + '95 rio red GTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page