mid-high 9 MT daily driver build help? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

I say go for it, all it takes is a idiot with lots of money.

I was one of those idiots about ten tears ago when I was one of the first Lightnings to make it into the tens, and mine was a daily driver, with well over 100,000 miles when I sold it, still running strong.

Though I will say the Lightning was a stronger platform to make a really fast Daily driver. To me the wink links are the 6speed, and possibly the 8.8 rear end. I would think you would need at least a tremic, upgrated gears, axles, clutch and driveshaft. The suspension, Drag wheels/tires, roll cage, subframe connectors, driveshaft loop, and engine upgrade, prob minimum of a built lower end, superchager, and maybe nitrous.

Also being a mustang where are you going to carry around a set of drag wheels, I put one stock tire in the back and it was a tight fit.

Knowing what it took to get my Lightning into the tens, if I could give you some advice. Build yourself a low 11 second car, that on the right day you can go for 10's once in a while. If you try to make it go any faster you will need a cage or be kicked off the track after one or two 10 second runs.

I was the guy who wanted the fastest street vehical with my Lightning, now a bunch of years later, and thousands, and thousands of dollars later, I now realize I am only competing against myself. So now my plans are a mid 11's to low 12 second bracket racer

Like they say a fool and his money are soon parted, and trust me when I was that fool, I parted with a lot of money. But go ahead and go for it, as I will enjoy reading your exploits, and remembering my days doing what you have planned. Trust me you will get to a point where it is just to scairy to drive on the street, or wonder will this be the pass that it all goes wrong, and you really have to part with a lot of money, you didn't bargan for

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's Stang View Post
I say go for it, all it takes is a idiot with lots of money.

I was one of those idiots about ten tears ago when I was one of the first Lightnings to make it into the tens, and mine was a daily driver, with well over 100,000 miles when I sold it, still running strong.

Though I will say the Lightning was a stronger platform to make a really fast Daily driver. To me the wink links are the 6speed, and possibly the 8.8 rear end. I would think you would need at least a tremic, upgrated gears, axles, clutch and driveshaft. The suspension, Drag wheels/tires, roll cage, subframe connectors, driveshaft loop, and engine upgrade, prob minimum of a built lower end, superchager, and maybe nitrous.

Also being a mustang where are you going to carry around a set of drag wheels, I put one stock tire in the back and it was a tight fit.

Knowing what it took to get my Lightning into the tens, if I could give you some advice. Build yourself a low 11 second car, that on the right day you can go for 10's once in a while. If you try to make it go any faster you will need a cage or be kicked off the track after one or two 10 second runs.

I was the guy who wanted the fastest street vehical with my Lightning, now a bunch of years later, and thousands, and thousands of dollars later, I now realize I am only competing against myself. So now my plans are a mid 11's to low 12 second bracket racer

Like they say a fool and his money are soon parted, and trust me when I was that fool, I parted with a lot of money. But go ahead and go for it, as I will enjoy reading your exploits, and remembering my days doing what you have planned. Trust me you will get to a point where it is just to scairy to drive on the street, or wonder will this be the pass that it all goes wrong, and you really have to part with a lot of money, you didn't bargan for
Here ya go man. This car is practically stock as far as I'm concerned. 9.95 @ 142. ‪2011 Mustang GT 5.0L - [email protected] Stock Engine & Auto Trans‬‏ - YouTube

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page