America's best Loved Cars report - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
1st place: Suzuki Kizashi
2nd place: Hyundai Sonata
3rd place: Kia Optima
...here you go... I haven't even seen the Suzuki. I hear about it on the radio all the damn time, but have yet to see one.

1965 Ford Mustang
2011 Mustang Kona Blue Premium V6 Pony Package
1967 Chevrolet C-10
1967 Pontiac Firebird
2000 Chevrolet Z71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The "girls" in my area drive big pickups and sport utilities.

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Apprentice

For those of you saying this is biased, it's based on an owners survey - it sounds like Camaro and Challenger owners just like their car better.

2011 GT Premium | Grabber Blue | Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Kit with Tuning by VMP

PONY Member

Is this some kind of joke?? The mustang is a much better performance car then the grossly overweight Challenger and the mustang outsells it 2 to 1, yet they put the Challenger in first place and the mustang doesn't even place?? LMFAO.

2012 GT Premium Black/Saddle, Auto, HID's/security. 19x9.5 RTR w/285/40 & 255/40 MPSS | Koni STR.T's and Eibach Prokit | Bama tune & Airaid CAI | GT500 AB | GT500 rear spoiler, Roush side splitters, Boss Front fascia & splitter | Billet interior bits| JL Audio 570's & dynamat
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T. View Post
For those of you saying this is biased, it's based on an owners survey - it sounds like Camaro and Challenger owners just like their car better.

Another very real possibility is that the Camaro and Challenger owners have become very insecure about their car purchaces knowing they lost EVERY COMPARISON TEST to the mustang..and thus, scrambled like hell to fill out every survey they could find to try to give creedence that their car was "good"....

Meanwhile mustang onwers looked at the survey, KNEW their car was better then yawned threw it away and went for a drive...

Ok its just a theory but seriously....EVENTS LIKE THESE DO HAPPEN an affect surveys (college level statistics will teach you these types of occurrences do happen..rendering the results fairly useless)

The only types of stats that can be remotely taken seriously are double blind scientific studies using control groups...thats A FACT.

Polls are tradionally less than worthless.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
Another very real possibility is that the Camaro and Challenger owners have become very insecure about their car purchaces knowing they lost EVERY COMPARISON TEST to the mustang..and thus, scrambled like hell to fill out every survey they could find to try to give creedence that their car was "good"....

Meanwhile mustang onwers looked at the survey, KNEW their car was better then yawned threw it away and went for a drive...

Ok its just a theory but seriously....EVENTS LIKE THESE DO HAPPEN an affect surveys (college level statistics will teach you these types of occurrences do happen..rendering the results fairly useless)

The only types of stats that can be remotely taken seriously are double blind scientific studies using control groups...thats A FACT.

Or.....perhaps John Q. Public filled out the survey and based their opinion strictly on the looks of the car.

The Camaro is cool because of Transformers.
The Chally IS a good looking car.

The Mustang is....well...just a mustang that has been on the streets for 6 years.

It's totally reasonable that the Stang wasn't mentioned....John Q. Public doesn't care about enthusiast test results.

2013 Black GT/CS. Electronics pkg. Comfort, 3.73. CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna. JLT Oil Separator. 20% rear 50% front tint. Clearbra. Flip Down License Plate Holder.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post

They also teach you that you can make staistics say what ever you want! depending on witch side you favor.

ex: Camaro out sold mustang;
Shows graph of sales of camaro from 2009 to today next to same period sales of Mustangs.
ex2: Mustang out sells Camaro;
Shows graph of all mustangs sold from release date to today next to all camaros sold from its release date to today, including the 10year hiatius of SALEs lol.

edit: that was just an example, Camaro could of made up ten years of being off the market in two years of sales, highly unlikely i think though LOL.

Its all a trick!! gotta watch out for that especially those dirty politicians!! They cleaver!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak Lawn Chris View Post
Oh and I read that the Mustang outsold the Camaro for the month of June. So that's a good thing I guess.
Is that because most of the people with special orders were finally able to take delivery in june?
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Oh no!!!

I still love my Pony.
PONY Member

I givsa damn what some GM sposered poll says,,I love my stang and so does every one here....Period.

2012 GT Premium, BLACK,401A blk/cashmere,3.73,Brembos,Glass Roof,Hood scoop,ped spoiler,C/S dark stainless grill/C/S lower fascia with fogs
Ordered 1/3/11, Vin 4/7/11,Built 4/25/11,Delivered 5/13/11

MODS: ROUSH axlebacks, ROUSH interior trim,ROUSH illuminated door sills,ROUSH CAI, smoked tail, marker lights,decklid blackout, AM louvers,35% tint, Barton short throw shifter/bracket.iTSX tuner with BAMA 93 tune
Apprentice

I don't get the fascination with the Camaro, but even as a Mustang owner, I have to acknowledge the appeal of the Challenger. Yes it is big, yes it is heavy. But--it is the only muscle car that seems to have been designed with a cohesive theme and commitment to a muscular look. It is gorgeous with its large panels of sheet metal, rich paint, and broad stance. I really like my Mustang, but the Challenger is just one awesome aesthetic design.
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manashttu View Post
I don't get the fascination with the Camaro, but even as a Mustang owner, I have to acknowledge the appeal of the Challenger. Yes it is big, yes it is heavy. But--it is the only muscle car that seems to have been designed with a cohesive theme and commitment to a muscular look. It is gorgeous with its large panels of sheet metal, rich paint, and broad stance. I really like my Mustang, but the Challenger is just one awesome aesthetic design.
100% agree. It's a great car. It was my second choice.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
PONY Member

Doesn't make me love my Mustang any less.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manashttu View Post
Funny, because I don't get the fascination with the Challenger. I guess it's pretty cool looking from most angles but I think the ass-end is pretty ugly, same thing with the camaro. And when you see the Challengers in person they are just so damn big and bulky. Just looks too much like a boat instead of a muscle or sports car.

2012 GT Premium Black/Saddle, Auto, HID's/security. 19x9.5 RTR w/285/40 & 255/40 MPSS | Koni STR.T's and Eibach Prokit | Bama tune & Airaid CAI | GT500 AB | GT500 rear spoiler, Roush side splitters, Boss Front fascia & splitter | Billet interior bits| JL Audio 570's & dynamat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page