Gonna lose my license - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Beast3.7

FYI, that plane wasn't doing traffic monitoring. Virginia closed that program after the last pilot retired last year. There are a lot of runways right off US58 along the East-West corridor, and alot of those pilots simply deadreckon by following the road below them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangarr View Post
I was TN a few weeks ago and had the misfortune of taking 81 down and back. VA was the worst state by far in terms of LEO's pulling people over (also had 2 accidents to go through - 1 shut down 81 but I was able to get off and detour around on a side road - SAVED by my GARMIN!). On the return trip alone, I stopped counting police when I got to 15 police cars just in VA...I counted 6 of them within a 10 mile stretch of road ...they were parked on off ramps, on ramps, middle of the median, side of the road, ie. freaking everywhere!...I had a family member who was about 10 miles in front of me tell me they even saw an airplane about 300 ft. above the road flying directly over it, but I didn't see it when I passed through the area. At least 2/3's of them had people pulled over and I saw 6 people pulled over in front of my eyes (including one guy right behind me). It was totally obvious that they were going after everyone they could just for money. When I got about an hour away from leaving the state I couldn't take it any longer and held my V1 in my hands over the steering wheel so I could pull the plug out immediately if necessary (RD are illegal in VA and DC - only two places in US...wonder why?). I vacationed in VA years ago and thought it was a beautiful state...It still is beautiful but I'll never spend a penny in that state again (other than gas to get the #@(@ out of it) and I hope their tourism goes down to zero! I remember their 'Virgina is for lovers' tourism campaign years ago, they should update it to 'Virgina is for government thieves'.

PS. The most police I saw in other states was 3-4 in PA and WV, I don't think I saw a single one in TN or MD.

PSS. No, I'm not bitter because I got a ticket. I didn't get a ticket, just didn't like the blatant money grubbing activity from our so called police protectors.
Lived in VA my whole life minus a few years overseas...haven't been pulled over since highschool and even then got it dismissed. Sure the police are around but you won't get pulled over for nothing.

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
Since I've adopted a "4 over" policy and instructed my family members to do the same I haven't had a ticket, and that's been over six years. My son has been driving for three years now, the last two months in my Mustang commuting one hour each way to his summer job, and the insurance company just yesterday sent us a letter congratulating him for no incidents and then gave us a rate reduction. I just ordered new floor mats for his Exploder- Weathertech DigitalFit- as his reward.

I save the speeding for the on ramps, as well as mountain roads where the speed limit is the default State 55 but the warning signs recommend 30.

On occasion though when I find a "radar shield" I'll tag along in the right lane about 1/4 mile behind. I once traveled about 70 miles in 45 minutes behind a van one time with that technique, until a trooper pulled him over. At that point he was moving away from me and my speedometer was sitting at 100mph.

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolith View Post
I git 1 ticket 3 years ago on my mach 1 and nine in this car so far. And I have made a couple of kills with tye 5.0 already.
Ok seriously. I have to know what you are doing to get the tickets, and what you are doing to keep your license after getting so many...

2011 Roush Stage 2 - Red Candy Metallic
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

One of my first purchases after i bought the car,was a Valentine 1.it has saved me a quite a few times.hope your lawyer gets a least one of them dropped.you could allways tell the judge you were testing out your new intake and hope he is a car guy.
PONY Member

Lol...I have been lucky so far...It seems like a day doesn't go by where I don't hit 90+mph at least once. I'm almost at 14k miles and no ticket so far...Wish me continued luck!

2011 3.7 V6 Premium, Black on Black Pony Package, Comfort Package, Security Package, Airaid CAI, BAMA 93H, 2.73 gears, SVT Strut Tower Brace, Llumar Window tint
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe7280 View Post
Lol...I have been lucky so far...It seems like a day doesn't go by where I don't hit 90+mph at least once. I'm almost at 14k miles and no ticket so far...Wish me continued luck!
You never ever say it out loud or write it down somewhere , you have done it now, watch out

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings View Post
I want to see how an attorney is going to get 3 speeding tickets in 2 months tossed out. Any judge with half a brain will see the trend and some sort of penalty brought.

If you get away scott free, let us know who your lawyer is.

In NC you pay the lawyer, and he goes to court for you on 3 separate court dates and 3 different judges. Probably pay $400 to $500 for each ticket but you save many thousands by not having your insurance rates raised.
PONY Member

I almost got a ticket 10 minutes after my exhaust install. Got pulled over, had the paperwork on front seat for the mufflers. Cop walks up and before he says anything I blurt out 'Sorry sir I know I was driving fast but I just had new exhaust put on!' and show him the paper work. He responds 'Well then...start it up!' I did and he said to slow it down. I was so happy.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt View Post
I almost got a ticket 10 minutes after my exhaust install. Got pulled over, had the paperwork on front seat for the mufflers. Cop walks up and before he says anything I blurt out 'Sorry sir I know I was driving fast but I just had new exhaust put on!' and show him the paper work. He responds 'Well then...start it up!' I did and he said to slow it down. I was so happy.
In NY that would have just gotten you a ticket for your exhaust as well.

2011 GT Premium | Grabber Blue | Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Kit with Tuning by VMP
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
On occasion though when I find a "radar shield" I'll tag along in the right lane about 1/4 mile behind.
I've wondered about this but always assumed it's officer's prerogative to nab either the "shield" or any driver speeding behind. Nothing but ethics to prevent him from saying the reading was off you instead of the shield.

If it were my job, I might even be inclined to go after the nearer speeder to cut down on time in pursuit--time spent in risk to myself and other motorists.

2012 3.7L 'vert 6MT
GT Member

This is how its done:

When you have a destination to go to... ie. work, shopping etc.. (what ever it may be).... don't speed there, take your time...

When you get the need for speed, leave town, (doesnt even have to be far) just hit the back roads, country roads etc... and get your fix. So when you want to speed, go out driving just for the sake of driving... no destination in my mind other than away from the public.... (find some nice country roads where police obviously wont be)

Back in the day we used to drive laps around a certain area of town or a certain few blocks, to scope for police....and we knew that a cop would only pass through once every X amount of hours. So once me or a buddy saw the cop, we knew it was safe to continue until a certain amount of time.

You basically need to cruise around gently until you understand where they will be, where the post up, and where they patrol every so often. The more you know, the better your chances of not getting caught.

but then again i didnt post this, and you didnt hear it from me :nogrinner

Seriously though, hit the track if you need the adrenaline, its not safe otherwise

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
2006GTfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings View Post
I want to see how an attorney is going to get 3 speeding tickets in 2 months tossed out. Any judge with half a brain will see the trend and some sort of penalty brought.

If you get away scott free, let us know who your lawyer is.
Here in Missouri it's easy. Hundreds of lawyers who do nothing but tickets. They just get the charge reduced, and you pay the fine. Especially the tiny township speedtraps. Lawyers and judges all in on it.

People get tickets all the time and do it.
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have not gotten any tickets in my GT500 (only had it for a month), but I did manage to get one in my Impala. For some reason whenever people find out I got a ticket, they always ask if it was in the Shelby, and I feel kinda embarrassed to tell them it was in a Chevy. The cop who pulled me over said that he would have given a warning for 10 over, but 17 over on an interstate is way too much. I think now that the economy is getting worse every day, they look for any kind of income, so they ticket everyone they can get their hands on. I don't mind paying fines, but I do mind the possibility of loosing a license or my insurance going through the roof. I wish I could just pay the fine and not have any side affects.

2012 GT500. Black. SVTPP.
GT Member

@Beaverstang

those pictures you put up after you took delivery of your shelby are not merely enough.... i beleive you need to do a photoshoot with a stupid amount of photos, make a new thread and post them up (drools) hahaha :kooky:

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page