Unexpected Boss sighting - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Unexpected Boss sighting

I went into a local Ford dealer to check out a leftover '11 GT, and found this on the showroom floor:

This one (loaded) is sold, but they have another one, exactly the same, available.

Orange. My favorite color. Sigh

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

So sexy!!

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011
GT Member
S197 Member

how much was it?

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011
Apprentice

stang boss

i would give both of my nut sack's for that car

"Papa Smurf" 95 5 spd with sunroof,17" chrome cobras,3" x pipe,slp loudmouth 1's,steeda adj clutch kit,gt40 upper/lower intake,jlt with k&n,msd pro billet distr,ford racing wires, shorty headers,b&m shifter,3.73's with 23tooth speedo gear,75mm throttle body,poweraid tb spacer ( chevy's are like tampons every pu*sy need's one)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolith View Post
how much was it?
They have a $10,000 ADM on it, but it seemed like they were VERY eager to negotiate if they could roll it by the end of the month. If I had the $$$ I'd be out driving it now instead of writing about it. Sigh.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011
GT Member
S197 Member

damn thats close to 50k tho. to much for my taste. that is a badass ride tho.

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011
PONY Member

So sexy...

Hopefully by the time the 2014 anniversary editions come out I'll be in a position to buy a new one.

2005 Sport-Utility Mustang Convertible
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011
Grimace427

What makes a Boss "loaded"? I thought the only option was the Recaro seats with Torson diff.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
What makes a Boss "loaded"? I thought the only option was the Recaro seats with Torson diff.
That's what the salesman called it LOL. I guess it's loaded with Recaros and markup He also said the track key is an option but I'm not sure that's true.
Apprentice

They had the same orange BOSS in the showroom when I ordered my 2012 GT. I had fallen in love with the black Laguna Seca and I went in with the intention of seeing if I could order one of them. I hadn't realized it wasn't street legal. Next best thing I figured I could do was order a black GT and fix it up similar but not the same. I kept looking at the orange one everytime the salesperson went to ask the parts dept people or his boss questions. It really stuck out in the show room. So did the silver GT500 Cobra with blue striping! I didn't think I'd ever like an orange car but that BOSS is awesome! Of course if anybody had told me I'd be ordering a 'black' Stang I would have laughed at them (too hard to keep clean/ dust free). After seeing the black Laguna Seca though ..............

2012 Black GT Premium Coupe, Equipment Group 401A (Brick Red Leather with Cashmere Race Stripe), HID & Security Package, GT Coupe Accessory Package 5, Tinted Side & Rear Windows & Light Tint of Windshield, 19" Black with Machined Face BOSS 302S Wheels, ROUSH Phase 3 625 HP Calibrated Supercharger, ROUSH Axle-Back Exhaust, ROUSH 4 Piston Breaks, ROUSH Track Suspension, Red Watson Racing Roll Bar/ Rear Seat Delete Kit, GT Dark Stainless Billet-Style Grille, Front Lower GT Fascia, Red BOSS C-Style Striping, Red Lemans Striping.
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridafordguy View Post
That's what the salesman called it LOL. I guess it's loaded with Recaros and markup He also said the track key is an option but I'm not sure that's true.

Actually there is the LCA edition. In this case the "upper" trim level of the Boss actually comes more stripped down. It has the back seat delete with an extra cross brace where the back seat would be and i think finally comes with the track key. It also has the special LCA badging....

At any rate referring to any Boss as "loaded" just reflects on what dumb a$$es salesmen are. There are no loaded Boss mustangs..thats rather the point of them (they are designed to be lighter).

My car is "loaded" you can get a shelby loaded, but not a Boss. What an idiot

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrS16 View Post
I hadn't realized it wasn't street legal.
Is that a Canadian thing with the Laguna Seca? Not the case in the US.

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, 401a, Manual, Brembo and 3.73 rear.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That is so nice.is it true they only made one in Grabber Blue and it went to Barret Jackson auction i thought i read that in a magazine.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Code Blue View Post
That is so nice.is it true they only made one in Grabber Blue and it went to Barret Jackson auction i thought i read that in a magazine.
Yes it is true, I got to watch the auction on TV pretty impressive. Here is the link to the story:

2012 Grabber Blue Boss 302 Mustang Auctions for $450,000 - StangTV.com

2011 GT in Grabber Blue, Prem Package, 6MT, 3.73, Brembo, Comfort Pkg, Safety & Security Pkg, Acc. Pkg #5.

MODS:
VMP Roush R2300 TVS Supercharger, 82mm pulley, JLT-BAI, Roush Boost gauge, Boss Quad exhaust, Hushpowers, Boss trans cooler, Boss shifter ball, Saleen grille with Boss/CS front fascia.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrubiu View Post
Is that a Canadian thing with the Laguna Seca? Not the case in the US.
Must be. There were only 13 black Laguna Secas released in Canada. The dealership where I bought my GT said they were the only Ford Dealership south of Toronto to get one (Windsor isn't just the 'But-End' of Canada because of its location). From what they said, they sold it to another dealership for big bucks - $120,000 range. I always wondered about that because when I went on Ford.com and built a Stang with the specs I liked I was always able to select the black Laguna Seca BOSS but I couldn't when I was on Ford.ca. Go figure?!

2012 Black GT Premium Coupe, Equipment Group 401A (Brick Red Leather with Cashmere Race Stripe), HID & Security Package, GT Coupe Accessory Package 5, Tinted Side & Rear Windows & Light Tint of Windshield, 19" Black with Machined Face BOSS 302S Wheels, ROUSH Phase 3 625 HP Calibrated Supercharger, ROUSH Axle-Back Exhaust, ROUSH 4 Piston Breaks, ROUSH Track Suspension, Red Watson Racing Roll Bar/ Rear Seat Delete Kit, GT Dark Stainless Billet-Style Grille, Front Lower GT Fascia, Red BOSS C-Style Striping, Red Lemans Striping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page