All is well 2k miles in - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

All is well 2k miles in

Just rolled over 2k miles today. My 12 GT was delivered May 5. So far so good with the 6 speed manual. Itís not the smoothest manual Iíve ever driven, but it is the smoothest Iíve driven that handles 412 hp. When cold there is a pronounced ďthudĒ when going from 1st to 2nd, but half way to warmed up it goes away until cold again. Iíve burned less than 1 quart of oil in the 2k miles. It wasnít necessary, but when the level got to just over the lower hole I topped it off to mid cross hatch. My favorite feature has to be passing power (3.73 rear). I came out of a 5.7 Hemi that was very strong in that area. The GT/5.0 is every bit its match and then some. Even though there are a lot of Mustangs out there people are drawn to this car. Itís rare when I stop for gas that someone doesnít ask, ďhow do you like that 5.0Ē? Speaking of gas I average 17 mpg. Thatís 90% city/10% highway. Iíve seen 26 mpg at 65 mph on a long stretch of flat highway with little to no head wind. SYNC and the Navi are useful as well as fun at times, but admittedly just a show piece. Overall Iím pleased and look forward to the next 2k miles!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011
PONY Member

That car is gorgeous best of luck and btw love the tints

1990 Mustang LX Convertible 5.0l-Mine- Edelbrock Performer RPMII Intake, Edelbrock 70mm Throttle Body, AEM cold air intake, 75mm Maf, Edelbrock Performer Heads, Trick flow stage 1 cam, 255lph fuel pump, Kirban fuel pressure regulator, Smog Delete, BBK ceramic coated headers, Mac off road H, Flowmaster Super 44's with Flowmaster 3 inch tailpipe kit, Aluminum Driveshaft, 3.73 gears with carbon fiber T lock rebuild.

2001 Cobra 4.6l-Dads- SLP Loudmouth exhaust
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Glad to hear you like it,I have just over 3400 miles as of today no problems at all.went to a car show tonight i was the only one there with the new mustang and Grabber Blue.the only time i get notchy shifting was when the cold weather was here,nothing to worry about.enjoy your car.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM18195 View Post
That car is gorgeous best of luck and btw love the tints
Thanks! The tint somehow makes the greenhouse look smaller and IMO compliments the lines. Oh yeah and it's functional too especially here in Florida.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nice Mustang!

I like happy posts. They make me feel better about my choice to order a GT Premium convertible. It's been almost eight weeks and I should have my car in another few weeks.

Good luck with yours!

LH
Ordered 6/11/2011, VIN received 7/14, window sticker received 7/26, scheduled build day 8/1, shipped 8/2, picked up 8/24:
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium convertible/MT82 6 spd.
Grabber Blue/Charcoal black/blue accents
401A, Reverse sensing/security, Electronics and GT convertible accessory 6 packages.
Ford Racing GT500 mufflers
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011
PONY Member

Bad - ass Mustang, man. Is it a premium? Advice, get some sort of mud flaps or rocker protection from those 19's. Those big tires spray rocks on your rocker panels and they'll chip them up.

'11 GT Premium , kona blue stick, 3:55's, Brembo , Roush axle-backs, etc. + '95 rio red GTS
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightdogsbarkin View Post
Bad - ass Mustang, man. Is it a premium? Advice, get some sort of mud flaps or rocker protection from those 19's. Those big tires spray rocks on your rocker panels and they'll chip them up.
Yes, every option but the glass roof. I hear you on the flaps. It sounds stupid, but my problem is mangos. A mango tree drops mangos on my driveway and when I run over the magos they explode and stick to the side of the car. Man I hate that!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011
MACH I Member

Awesome work on the detailing. Love it!

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blackgt View Post
Yes, every option but the glass roof. I hear you on the flaps. It sounds stupid, but my problem is mangos. A mango tree drops mangos on my driveway and when I run over the magos they explode and stick to the side of the car. Man I hate that!
A chainsaw will fix that problem .
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by P51 Nick View Post
A chainsaw will fix that problem .
Yes, but that would effect my sleep situation since my wife loves that tree. She even loves those slimy mangos. YUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page