Ford Mustang Forum banner

BAMA tune and tsb confusion

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  2011GrabberGT 
#1 ·
Ordered a tune last week, but have NOT installed it yet. I've experienced periodic erratic idle from time to time and decided to schedule an appt with Ford.

Now, beings the tune has already been written (but not installed) will i be able to load these tunes following the TSB recalibration?

#2 ·
To anwer your question, yes. The bama tune also fixes the erratic idle issue which is a common thing with almost all new 5.0's. You would only have a problem once you've installed the tune and then if the dealer flashes your ecu, this would on turn lock out your sct tuner costing you $100 to unlock. Goodluck.

#7 ·
Yeah, flashing a factory tune and then reflashing it with your aftermarket tune really defeats the purpose of the TSB flash, unless you just want to waste time. You are going to overwrite the programming whenever you flash it, so any changes will also be overwritten.

I'm not really sure why people with tunes are getting this update and then reflashing it with the tune afterward. It's only going to be beneficial on a stock tuned car, otherwise the tuner will have to make changes in there tune to correct these issues.

#8 ·
Because if they get the updated Ford TSB programming, and then load their Custom Tune, the base tune stored on the Tuner will be the updated Ford Tune, not the Factory Tune. That being the case, if someone decides to unload the custom Tune and reload the stored base tune, it will be the updated Ford tune one, not the screwy factory tune.

#9 ·
Ok, that scenario does make sense. However, I think some people here are under the impression that those issues will be corrected still when they reload the aftermarket tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.