A mini rant (NO It's not about Mustang or Ford either) - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00 View Post
Rumor has it that Porsche is designing a small version of the Cayenne for tree huggers who want to get better fuel mileage. It may be called the "Paprika" because it has the looks of a Cayenne without the kick.
Not sure if you're being serious or not, but Porsche is making a small SUV based on the Volkswagen Tiguan platform:

Porsche

I've started seeing Panameras absolutely everywhere lately. Wasn't quite sure why, but eventually I realized that they're livery cars -- Ford's not making the Town Car any more, so livery companies have been buying up Panameras. The Hyundai Equus would be a much better choice, but I guess some people just won't ever be caught dead in a Hyundai.

CURRENT: 2011 V6 Premium Automatic, Kona Blue, Pony Package

ON ORDER: 2015 GT Premium Automatic, Deep Impact Blue, Shaker Audio, 50th Anniversary Appearance Package, Navigation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedKing-713 View Post
So I was driving home yesterday from the show and shine and I pass up this weird looking vehicle on my right. I was not fast enough to reach and grab my camera so I did not get a picture of it but then as it came into view I could make out the winged badge... It said Mini, I'm like WHAT DA XXXK ! That ain't no Mini. This thing is huge, honking ugly as sin ES-YOU-VEE. Later when I get home I get on the net and look up this beast. OMG this thing has bloated to 3,200 lbs and is 13 1/2" feet long. For the model I saw (Countryman), it can cost up to $38,150 - maybe more with options. You can even get it with 18" wheels and four wheel drive. Who on earth would buy one of these things?

Now the reason I am telling you this is so you know what is possible when some sicko can take over a classic name like Mini and screw it to hell. Just be real glad (more like very thankful) that our Mustangs have evolved from 1964 to present (minus a short brain fart in the 70's) to a much, much better machine. The old Minis were kind of like simple, low cost go carts that could rally or be small delivery vehicles.

I saw a real sweet 60's Mini at the car show I was coming home from and posted picture of it on my Flickr account. This little rocket took up less than 1/2 a parking space in length. When I saw the new one on the road bearing the same name I was just shocked what BMW has done. 4 Doors, 4 Wheel Drive...should have just called their Countryman model something else because it ain't no Mini.

2011 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 Long-Term Test

Could you imagine someone at Ford using the Mustang name to sell a 4 door, 4 wheel drive?
I think someone forgot the fact that there were a bad 15-20 years for the Mustang not too long ago.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedKing-713 View Post
Could you imagine someone at Ford using the Mustang name to sell a 4 door
Yes. Yes, I can.

Thunderbird fanatics said the same thing, And then Ford did this........:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4doortbird.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	136756  

2016 Oxford White GT Premium, Performance Package w/silver wheels, 401A, Premier Redline trim, Adaptive Cruise, NAV, Reverse sensing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page