Million dollar question - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Boss stickers on a Boss don't bother me. Nor do the "factory" stripes or decals.

I'm not a fan of the glued on scoops and louvers. I guess the louvers had a purpose before tint was invented.

2011 401a Brembo Electronics HID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisHeinold View Post
It's interesting to read that most the members here like the "clean" look. So to you who like the clean, how do you make it YOURS? how do you make the car unique with out stepping over the "rice" line?
Like this:

JimmyM's is the best possible example.

Notice there are NOT a lot of aftermarket parts thrown at it. Notice the wheels compliment the overall look. Way too many people buy wheels that might look good by themselves but detract from the overall look. You might love good ice-cream and have a favorite pickle but it doesn't mean they make a good sundae.

The black roof and spoiler along with the black hood spears, grill and wheels are a brilliant exercise in contrast with the stark white.

I normally don't care much for hood spears but the hood would have been too large an area of white for the overall look. And they compliment the spear like bright-work on the wheels.

Jimmy even managed to make the GT grill surround look good. The V6, CS and GT500 grills look better than the GT because they use body color to separate the grill from the lights which is a Mustang trademark. But here a larger expanse of black balances the ratio of white to black better.

2016 Oxford White GT Premium, Performance Package w/silver wheels, 401A, Premier Redline trim, Adaptive Cruise, NAV, Reverse sensing
GT Member

Some people take the word "functional" wrong. Take for instance the stock spoiler. This is not "functional" neither are RAM air hoods to be honest.

What about people who put a thousand dollars into their 210 hp V6 suspension and have no speed mods? Those may be "functional" but will they ever really benefit from them?

People get too crazy with the word functional IMO. These are not race cars people. Everything doesn't have to be "functional" Why not start taking all the non"functional" stuff out of your car then?

My opinion, if you like it, do it! Whether it's real or fake, functional or not, chrome or plastic, bolted on or taped on. Who really cares as long as the owner likes it?

2006. GT. Automatic. White w/Black Stripes. 4.10 FRPP gears. JLT Cold Air. SCT X3. 93oct Race Tune by Bama

RWHP? Who cares!

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

What i like, you might not like,for instance i think tinting the headlights and side markers just looks stupid,Deck lid blackout panel why cover up the paintjob,now i think the Quarter Window Louvers look real good,thats why i have them.but i would not put a body kit on my car now thats rice.
PONY Member

Face it, if it's not your own car = RICE.

Do what YOU think is good. It's yours.

2014 Sterling Grey 5.0 Brembo
* ROUSH Axle-Back Exhaust
* JLT Oil Separator (Passenger)
* RAXIOM Tail Light Sequencer
* ARAID Race CAI
* BAMA Tune (91-Perf / 93-Race)
* 20% Tint

2006GTfan

I think my Mustang looks pretty good with the tinted out windows. No need for anything else.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972mach1 View Post
Face it, if it's not your own car = RICE.

Do what YOU think is good. It's yours.
This is totally true! The people with the hand gliders connected to their rear ends don't thing their car is "rice". I just like to stir things up every once in a while.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
Like this:

JimmyM's is the best possible example.

Notice there are NOT a lot of aftermarket parts thrown at it. Notice the wheels compliment the overall look. Way too many people buy wheels that might look good by themselves but detract from the overall look. You might love good ice-cream and have a favorite pickle but it doesn't mean they make a good sundae.

The black roof and spoiler along with the black hood spears, grill and wheels are a brilliant exercise in contrast with the stark white.

I normally don't care much for hood spears but the hood would have been too large an area of white for the overall look. And they compliment the spear like bright-work on the wheels.

Jimmy even managed to make the GT grill surround look good. The V6, CS and GT500 grills look better than the GT because they use body color to separate the grill from the lights which is a Mustang trademark. But here a larger expanse of black balances the ratio of white to black better.
His car is seriously my favorite my favorite mustang of possibly all time, he put the perfect amount of black to offset having to much white, lowered it the perfect amount, and the cs front fascia has always looked amazing

2012 3.7L V6 Premium Mt82 MCA Edition. Race Red/Charcoal Black
Add-ons: performance package, Hid's, Reverse sensing and security, Comfort, Back-up camera
Mods: FRPP Sport Exhaust, More to come

Ordered: 7/1 Reordered: 7/26 Build date: 8/15 Built:8/15 ETA:9/12 Delivered:9/15
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Bad things can be done to the mustang, unfortunatly...

Attachment 136612

Attachment 136613

Attachment 136614
God, and to think with all the time that took, he could've worked a job to afford a nicer ride to mod (I own a new edge), or with all the money that took, he could've traded in on an ACTUAL GT. I wonder if anyone thinks it's a 'BMW GT-R?'. If there's a God, that has to be photoshopped.
GT Member

as a member once said:

Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancements

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page