FOX News, Uh Oh!!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
You actually write such immature nonsense and expect anyone to listen? I can't believe you would come into someone's thread and then try to insult him. Pathetic...and, for what? Because you don't like Fox? LOL.
Im with him all the other news groups are picking this up not just "Faux"

2016 Fastback GT Base model with Performance Package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
You watch NBC, ABC, or CNN and think they are not biased? Girl please...

It doesn't matter what you read/watch they all have their goals and either left/right leaning stances. It's just good that finally the story hit the news and the Gubment will take a look at the problem IMO.
Haha thanks for making that funny! I've watched them all and in my opinion Fox manipulates information in a biased manner a bit more than the rest of the networks but I already admitted they are getting better. Having most of my family working in the Gubment gives me access to more information than the average Joe, though I will also admit that can make me biased as well. All opinions here, ratings mean nothing to me as far as news go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmbbo View Post
After a year and a half, am glad to see it getting air time.

FYI, Fox NEWS is not Fox ENTERTAINMENT... Fox ENTERTAINMENT cancelled Firefly, which I agree was a bad move. Thought it was a great series with a lot of potential...
I am well aware of the difference between the two, I meant it in a light-hearted manner. They also cancelled Terminator, the Sarah Connor Chronicles. If they cancel Fringe I am going to hurt somebody real bad!

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post
If you believe anything Faux News says, you must have graduated somewhere at the bottom of your class...
Another thoughtful, rational, logical response from the left, but you forgot to call FNC viewers "racists" or "terrorists" or "rednecks".... Must have missed the most recent Bill Maher talking points memo....

Jim

Murphy was an optimist.

2011 GT Premium, Sterling Gray, 401A, 6MT, 3.73, 19" Brembo, Nav, Security, HID, Rear video, Boss 302 mufflers, Raxiom smoked taillights

J Orbit

Whoa! There's a whole lot of half-truth's being thrown around in this thread regarding Fox so let's clear something up:
Firefly wasn't just a "great series with a lot of potential", it was the best golram thing to hit the airwaves in 20 years. I can't stand for misinformation like that to be spread about.

Now please back to your silly rants about not knowing how to drive a stick and expecting Ford to cover the bill for you idiots that destroy your transmissions.

PS: are we SURE it's not skip shift?

How many people don't get sarcasm...
Banned

From the New York Times a few mins ago:

26,000 Ford Mustangs Investigated for Sticky 6-Speed Manual Gearbox - NYTimes.com

Quote:
26,000 Ford Mustangs Investigated for Sticky 6-Speed Manual Gearbox
By CHRISTOPHER JENSEN

2011 Ford Mustang.
Complaints about the 6-speed manual transmission on about 26,000 Ford Mustangs from the 2011-12 model years have prompted an investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The agency said it received 32 complaints from owners who said they were unable to get the transmission into gear.

Ford introduced the 6-speed manual on the 2011 models, replacing a 5-speed manual.

Richard Truett, a Ford spokesman, said in an e-mail that the MT82 transmission used on the 2011-12 Mustangs was built in China as part of a joint venture between Getrag Corporate Group and Ford.

“Some reports allege incidents occurred while merging into high speed traffic and others allege that incidents occurred while turning left across oncoming traffic,” said a notice posted to the safety agency’s Web site over the weekend. “Some complainants allege that the erratic shifting behavior almost caused a collision with adjacent vehicles.”

The complaints came from owners of the V-6 and V-8 models. Two Mustangs powered by V-8s, the GT and Shelby GT500, were reviewed in the Automobiles section last weekend.

Ford issued a technical service bulletin in March blaming shifting problems on “cold ambient temperatures” and telling dealers to use a different type of transmission fluid. But some drivers who complained to N.H.T.S.A. said they experienced problems in hot weather or when the gearbox should have been completely warmed up.

“The difficulty in shifting is mostly confined to cold weather states and occurs when the gearbox is cold,” said Mr. Truett, the Ford spokesman, echoing the technical bulletin. “We have made a few engineering changes and installed a new fluid to correct the problem.”

On the agency’s Web site, a California woman wrote that while stopped at a traffic light, a driver approached at high speed behind her.

“I started prepping if I had to move forward into the intersection that had no traffic just in case,” she wrote. “Would not shift into first gear no matter what I tried. Quickly I shifted into second and saw the driver smash the brakes while his tires were smoking as he was approaching my rear end in a slide. Car had enough power to move me forward 10 feet to avoid a collision.”

The investigation is called a preliminary evaluation. If the agency found additional reason to be concerned, it would upgrade the investigation to an engineering analysis, which could be followed by a recall or a decision that no further action would be warranted.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
If you believe anything Faux News says, you must have graduated somewhere at the bottom of your class...
Well, there you are. All you people complaining about transmission issues are wrong, because as this armchair expert suggests, if Fox News reported on it, it's apparently wrong.

He's very witty, too... Just look how he turned "Fox" into "Faux". You just don't run into that sort of wit everywhere, you know.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Having most of my family working in the Gubment gives me access to more information than the average Joe, though I will also admit that can make me biased as well.
Appreciate the self disclosure...

Unsure whether I'd consider gubment information particularly reliable, tho'... Two indisputable facts of gubment life: there is a built in vested interest in every bureaucracy to perpetuate itself, and to paraphrase Big Brother, "Information is power"... Just sayin'

Been there, done that, got the T shirt..

Jim

Murphy was an optimist.

2011 GT Premium, Sterling Gray, 401A, 6MT, 3.73, 19" Brembo, Nav, Security, HID, Rear video, Boss 302 mufflers, Raxiom smoked taillights
2006GTfan

Fox news is the only news station i watch. I can handle it in doses.

I dont care if the liberal networks are reporting on it. I'm glad all the media outlets are reporting it. The more the better.

As far as the transmissions the only real fix IMO is to replace them with the Tremec's. The getrag mt82 is a POS. Would be easier for ford to replace them with the magnum.

However that will cost them $$.

Hopefully the 2013 Mustang doesn't have the POS mt82 in it and the Tremec instead.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
Whoa!
Firefly wasn't just a "great series with a lot of potential", it was the best golram thing to hit the airwaves in 20 years. I can't stand for misinformation like that to be spread about.
I sit amended

Jim

Murphy was an optimist.

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Haha thanks for making that funny!
I try...I'm just glad someone finally got my sense of humor. You ain't as dumb as you look bud...LOL

Another attempt...forgive me, I'm on a roll here!

My tranny is just fine right now, but hey, maybe I'll start running this machine a little harder...

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
PONY Member

While I'm one of the evil "Libs" around here that's out to take all your freedoms away, I'm just glad this is getting attention.

It really bothers me that Ford is keeping the line that it's just cold weather that's causing this. What nonsense.

Mods don't matter.
post #27 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Quite the contrary! I sat (long time ago) in the top 3%. The fact that you think FOX News puts me in the bottom of any class I take as a compliment and will Thank you!
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
Fox news is the only news station i watch. I can handle it in doses.

I dont care if the liberal networks are reporting on it. I'm glad all the media outlets are reporting it. The more the better.

As far as the transmissions the only real fix IMO is to replace them with the Tremec's. The getrag mt82 is a POS. Would be easier for ford to replace them with the magnum.

However that will cost them $$.

Hopefully the 2013 Mustang doesn't have the POS mt82 in it and the Tremec instead.
I am starting to think you are right. Ford probably knows this and could be why they have avoided this issue as long as they have. The possible reason as to why there is no fix is because its a throw away unit from the get go.

If he next generation Mustang is launched with the Getrag Mt82 you will hear people screaming about it from 3 states over.
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This is why I only get my news from you guys.

V6 doesn't have the MT82 right?

2015 Oxford White GT Manual Transmission
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Manual Transmission - Sold.
2012 Grabber Blue V6 - T-boned and totaled.
2008 Performance White V6 - SOLD!
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post
While I'm one of the evil "Libs" around here that's out to take all your freedoms away, I'm just glad this is getting attention.

It really bothers me that Ford is keeping the line that it's just cold weather that's causing this. What nonsense.
I wont hold that against you even though Im a tea party terrorist.

The main thing is getting the word out no matter the source.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page