FOX News, Uh Oh!!! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
Fox news is the only news station i watch. I can handle it in doses.

I dont care if the liberal networks are reporting on it. I'm glad all the media outlets are reporting it. The more the better.

As far as the transmissions the only real fix IMO is to replace them with the Tremec's. The getrag mt82 is a POS. Would be easier for ford to replace them with the magnum.

However that will cost them $$.

Hopefully the 2013 Mustang doesn't have the POS mt82 in it and the Tremec instead.
So, the 25,000 MT-82 transmissions in Mustangs that are running like champs mean nothing to you, its pure junk and should be thrown out eh?

2011 Mustang GT Premium
Manual 6Spd, 3.31 Rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

2006GTfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot9 View Post
I am starting to think you are right. Ford probably knows this and could be why they have avoided this issue as long as they have. The possible reason as to why there is no fix is because its a throw away unit from the get go.

If he next generation Mustang is launched with the Getrag Mt82 you will hear people screaming about it from 3 states over.
Still makes little sense with this powerful of a car to put a POS transmission in it.

Hopefully 2013 has a different one or we will hear about the same problems again.

I bought an auto for this very reason. I knew the manuals were bad news and to stay away from them!

Ford did everything right with the 2010+ mustang design, except for 2011 adding the mt82. Otherwise everything is good about this car.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramaj View Post

V6 doesn't have the MT82 right?
Yes it does..........

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..

PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Yes it does..........
manual and auto?

2015 Oxford White GT Manual Transmission
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Manual Transmission - Sold.
2012 Grabber Blue V6 - T-boned and totaled.
2008 Performance White V6 - SOLD!
post #35 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
manual and auto?
No, the Getrag MT-82 is only a manual.
PONY Member

This is why politics is biggest load of shiit...look at this thread

BTW i hope those with ****** trans get it fix, but for the most part this transmission is like butta.

2012 GT Black Premium 6MT, 20" Black Foose Nitrous Staggered.

MODS: Airaid CAI, 93 BAMA Performance Tune, Roush Axle-Backs, GT500 Splash Guards, Shorty Antenna, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Extra Chrome Trim, 3rd Brake Light Decal, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge w/ Roush Vent Pod, Valetine 1.
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blackgt View Post
No, the Getrag MT-82 is only a manual.

good. I bought an auto because traffic + manual is a no-no.

post #38 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
good. I bought an auto because traffic + manual is a no-no.
I always thought that a manual got me around and through traffic that much better?!
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I always thought that a manual got me around and through traffic that much better?!
not in texas. people in texas can't drive for *expletive*.

you'd be cruising along and the person in front of you will slam on the brakes at the very last second and you'll slam on yours and then somewhere along the chain someone is not on the ball and 10 car pileup.

Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

TR-6060 or T-56, anything but the MT-82 in 2013 please. I test drove a few of the 2011s because of the trans. I thought the first one had problems so I test drove a couple others and thought they all shifted bad. Too bad and I hope Ford gets it right. Otherwise the Coyote and 2010+ car is awesome! I'm glad it's really in the public eye now, that'll make Ford do something to really fix it now. Well I hope anyway. Doesn't sound like the TSB did much.

2014 Mustang GT Black, MT82, Track Pack
MACH I Member

The problem I see for this investigation from what I've been able to discern is, there is no single issue that causes MT-82 problems. Bad MT-82 shifting can occur from a number of problems, from drive-line mis-alignment, clutch issues, clutch fluid line contraction, etc. It will be interesting to find out what the NHTSA recommends.

post #42 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
not in texas. people in texas can't drive for *expletive*.

you'd be cruising along and the person in front of you will slam on the brakes at the very last second and you'll slam on yours and then somewhere along the chain someone is not on the ball and 10 car pileup.

That's strange! I had two long term business trips to the Denton/Dallas area in 2000. I left thinking Texans were the best drivers in the country! At least back then Texans understood and practiced a fast lane! I was so impressed when on a 2 lane road I came up on someone and they pulled half into the emergency lane to let me by. I remember thinking that had to be fluke, but was blown away when just about everybody did it. Here in Florida there are so many moron drivers we literally do not have a fast lane anymore!
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
That's strange! I had two long term business trips to the Denton/Dallas area in 2000. I left thinking Texans were the best drivers in the country! At least back then Texans understood and practiced a fast lane! I was so impressed when on a 2 lane road I came up on someone and they pulled half into the emergency lane to let me by. I remember thinking that had to be fluke, but was blown away when just about everybody did it. Here in Florida there are so many moron drivers we literally do not have a fast lane anymore!

yeah that was before they started all the construction.. now people cruise in the passing lane at 10 under the speed limit with traffic piling up behind them.

I won't even go near downtown dallas in the "rush hour" times.

GT Member

Fox News? Oh geez, before the end of the story they'll figure out a way to blame the lousy transmissions on Obama. :p

2006. GT. Automatic. White w/Black Stripes. 4.10 FRPP gears. JLT Cold Air. SCT X3. 93oct Race Tune by Bama

RWHP? Who cares!
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak Lawn Chris View Post
Fox News? Oh geez, before the end of the story they'll figure out a way to blame the lousy transmissions on Obama. :p
I heard he's friends with the chinese that built them and paid them under the table to sabotage the transmissions so no one would buy mustangs and would by GM so the stock prices would go back up and the government can sell them at a profit instead of a loss.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page