FOX News, Uh Oh!!! - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blackgt View Post
Acknowledging the problem is a long, LONG way from doing anything about it! Especially when considering Ford's history! It usually takes a law suit to move Ford!
Folks... I want to clear this up once and for all...

FORD HAS NOT ACKNOWLEDGED THE PROBLEM.

The Detroit News Story was mis-quoted. Ford acknowledged they were aware of the INVESTIGATION.

They're still hiding behind their lawyers on this one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
Folks... I want to clear this up once and for all...

FORD HAS NOT ACKNOWLEDGED THE PROBLEM.

The Detroit News Story was mis-quoted. Ford acknowledged they were aware of the INVESTIGATION.

They're still hiding behind their lawyers on this one.
Deysha has confirmed that Ford is aware of the "problem". She's a Ford employee and therefore, a reputable source. Perhaps Ford is playing a game due to legal reasons, but this has been confirmed multiple times that Ford has been aware. Hell, if they weren't aware, why would they issue a TSB in the first place?

2011 Black Mustang GT 5.0 Brick-Red
6SP Manual | 3.73 Gears | HIDs | Sec & Anti-Theft Pkg | Brembo GT Brake Pkg | Comfort Package | Shaker 1000 |
Mods:

2011 CS/GT Front Valance, 2011 GT500 Rear Diffuser, 2011 SVT GT500 Mufflers, 2011 Roush Side Skirts, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Boss 302 Front Splitter, Speed Dawg custom shift-knob, Black Pony Emblem, 50% fog-light tint, Blacked Out Side Marks Front and Rear, 35% All-around Tint & Heon H10 fog-light bulbs
post #93 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimaniac View Post
Deysha has confirmed that Ford is aware of the "problem". She's a Ford employee and therefore, a reputable source. Perhaps Ford is playing a game due to legal reasons, but this has been confirmed multiple times that Ford has been aware. Hell, if they weren't aware, why would they issue a TSB in the first place?
PUUULLLEEEAAASSSEEE! We all love Deysha for her surface efforts, but she totes the corporate line just like any other Ford employee would! If you think Deysha is in management meetings pitching to fix the MT-82 problem for our customers you're sadly mistaken!

PONY Member

Quote:
PUUULLLEEEAAASSSEEE! We all love Deysha for her surface efforts, but she totes the corporate line just like any other Ford employee would! If you think Deysha is in management meetings pitching to fix the MT-82 problem for our customers you're sadly mistaken!
No, I'm just saying that Ford has confirmed it indirectly multiple times.

6SP Manual | 3.73 Gears | HIDs | Sec & Anti-Theft Pkg | Brembo GT Brake Pkg | Comfort Package | Shaker 1000 |
Mods:

2011 CS/GT Front Valance, 2011 GT500 Rear Diffuser, 2011 SVT GT500 Mufflers, 2011 Roush Side Skirts, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Boss 302 Front Splitter, Speed Dawg custom shift-knob, Black Pony Emblem, 50% fog-light tint, Blacked Out Side Marks Front and Rear, 35% All-around Tint & Heon H10 fog-light bulbs
Banned

Quote:
ssimaniac....

Not exactly

What she said was:
Quote:
I have no dates or in detail information about what the engineers are doing in regards to the 2011 transmission concerns. All I can say is that, I know it is a fact that they are working on it.
So all she said is Ford is working on our concerns...

I then asked:
Quote:
So what is the problem Ford is aware of?
And Deysha responded:
Quote:
Ford is aware of YOUR problem.
It was that response that made me hire an attorney.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post
If you believe anything Faux News says, you must have graduated somewhere at the bottom of your class...
How did you come to this conclusion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocletian View Post
Yes, there is bias everywhere. FOX, however, is saturated with it to the point where it can barely be taken seriously.
You realize that MSNBC is the polar opposite of Fox right? So it's ok to take MSNBC and CNN seriously but not FOX?

I'd also like to note that the anti-fox folks diluted the thread with their nonsense.

Really shows how silly one side of the political spectrum is. They dismiss a problem because of one media outlet reports it. Meanwhile there's threads on top of threads with people having transmission issues.

Good Lord this country is doomed.

2013 Mustang GT Sterling Gray
2013 F150 Ecoboost XLT SCREW 4X4
2000 Camaro SS Sebring Silver

Follow my build on Instagram @phillyls1

JJ @ Woodbine Motorsports is a thief and a liar. PM me for more info.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyLS1 View Post
How did you come to this conclusion?

You realize that MSNBC is the polar opposite of Fox right? So it's ok to take MSNBC and CNN seriously but not FOX?

I'd also like to note that the anti-fox folks diluted the thread with their nonsense.

Really shows how silly one side of the political spectrum is. They dismiss a problem because of one media outlet reports it. Meanwhile there's threads on top of threads with people having transmission issues.

Good Lord this country is doomed.
In my experience... if you watch Fox News... and then read the New York Times....

The truth is almost always somewhere in the middle.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
In my experience... if you watch Fox News... and then read the New York Times....

The truth is almost always somewhere in the middle.
I had a New York Times reporter embedded with my unit in Husaybah, Iraq ask an Iraqi working with us that we saved from a torture chamber if the atrocities done to him were really done by American soldiers.

I think I'll pass on the New York Times and Washington Post.

2013 Mustang GT Sterling Gray
2013 F150 Ecoboost XLT SCREW 4X4
2000 Camaro SS Sebring Silver

Follow my build on Instagram @phillyls1

JJ @ Woodbine Motorsports is a thief and a liar. PM me for more info.
GT Member

Has anyone else installed a short-throw, or even had the console town out to see how the shifter assembly sits?

WAY OFF TO THE RIGHT!!!!!!!

I had to use a large screwdriver to force it left to even gain access to all of the bolts it was so far right.

I will be doing a write up on the JHR shifter and mount this evening with pictures to show you how off-center this whole assembly is.

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
Banned

Quote:
I had a New York Times reporter embedded with my unit in Husaybah, Iraq ask an Iraqi working with us that we saved from a torture chamber if the atrocities done to him were really done by American soldiers.

Yeah, that's my point. If you read far left and far right... filter out the rhetoric... you end up with a small useful nugget of truth somewhere in the middle.

Thanks for your service.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
Has anyone else installed a short-throw, or even had the console town out to see how the shifter assembly sits?

WAY OFF TO THE RIGHT!!!!!!!

I had to use a large screwdriver to force it left to even gain access to all of the bolts it was so far right.

I will be doing a write up on the JHR shifter and mount this evening with pictures to show you how off-center this whole assembly is.
It's off to the right to clear the drive shaft. We've pretty much ruled out the off-set-shifter and linkage at this point. The Land Rover Defender MT82 shifter has a stick coming right out the top of the tranny and they have all the same issues.

Land Rover Direct Shifter:

Mustang Remote Shifter:

Mustang TR6060 vs MT82:
Apprentice

Quote:

Thanks for serving, and I'm sorry that you guys have to worry about being back stabbed by our own media.

As for the topic, I'm very interested in seeing this play out. Assuming the MT82 is the cause of the problems(not the clutch or related hardware etc), I wonder what the solutions would be.
post #103 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
No, I'm just saying that Ford has confirmed it indirectly multiple times.
Ask the people that have MT-82 issues if an indirect recognition is good enough for them? I submit if you had transmission problems it would not be good enough for you either. Especially if you have a warranty and are being told "it's normal"!
PONY Member

Quote:
Ask the people that have MT-82 issues if an indirect recognition is good enough for them? I submit if you had transmission problems it would not be good enough for you either. Especially if you have a warranty and are being told "it's normal"!
I was the one quoted in the fox news article.... -_-

Mods:

post #105 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
I was the one quoted in the fox news article.... -_-
Ok then you're the perfect one to ask, "Are you satisfied with what Ford is doing for your transmission issues"?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page