Hello from Germany - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hello from Germany

Hi guys,

my name is Andreas (Andy) Im 22 years old and come from Germany,near Cologne. Im a Mustang fan since I saw one the frist time...it must have been 10 Years ago, i think. My neighbor drove a 2003 Svt Cobra and that was a real monster. So it was clear that I would have my own Mustang some day. And now I could fulfill my dream. Last Saturday I could finally pick up my new 2012 Mustang GT Premium from the port in Bremerhaven. I can say its much better than i expected. I drove it home 400km over the Autobahn with ~150 km/h at 2-3000rpm. I love that car so much and hope that I will have much fun with my new baby...
Well that´s it for now I hope i didnt too much mistakes and sorry for my bad english..

Regards from Germany
Andy

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img1404s.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	351.8 KB
ID:	136663   Click image for larger version

Name:	img1412f.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	136664   Click image for larger version

Name:	img1407q.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	378.3 KB
ID:	136665   Click image for larger version

Name:	img0076ag.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	366.3 KB
ID:	136666  

2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black, Saddle leather, 6spd MT, Comfort, Security, Reverse Park ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011
PONY Member

Looks great!!! See how the translation goes the other way.

Andreas, herzlichen Glückwunsch zu Ihrem neuen Mustang. Aufgewachsen bin ich in Keiserslautern vor langer Zeit und fuhr meine zweite Mustang (ein 82 GT T-Top) auf der Autobahn so schnell wie ich konnte (200kph) und haben es geliebt! Der 2012 sollte eine Menge Spaß da drüben, obwohl ich weiß, die Straßen derzeit für so viel Geschwindigkeit erlauben, wie sie verwendet werden.

Liebe die Farben!

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011
PONY Member

Nice color combo you chose there! I must admit I am jealous of you being able to open that thing up on the Autobahn. My wife is from Dortmund and I told her if we ever live there, then I get to bring my Mustang.

Dein Englisch ist besser als unsere deutschen, so das macht nichts, okay?

2011 Sterling Grey MCA Performance Package with Glass Roof/Nav/HID/Every Factory Option...

Mods: Infinity 6832cfs|93 Octane stock|DynoMax 39507 Cat-Back|35% tint|Roush rear valance

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011
Apprentice

Welcome! Beautiful car man. I love Germany, I lived in Stuttgart for a little bit, loved it. You have a fantastic country and you clearly have better taste in cars than most. Congrats!

2011 Mustang GT/CS :: Performance White :: 6MT :: 3.73 gears :: Comfort Package :: 3M Carbon Fiber Tint 35% :: GT500 Splash Guards
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Danke Jungs

I didnt know that here are so much people who lived in Germany...
da fühlt man sich doch gleich schon wie zu Hause

Yeah my car has about 1300km on the clock now and yesterday I drove it a little bit faster over the Autobahn. Its amazing how fast it goes up to 250 km/h. Its pure fun to pushs the 5er BMWs and the Audis away But most of these people are smiling when i pass them haha...
By the way, my oil level is now on minimum, is that normal? I belive so.. i fill it up tomorrow and see what the next 1000km will happen.

2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black, Saddle leather, 6spd MT, Comfort, Security, Reverse Park ass.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011
Apprentice

Sweet ride andy!
Keep an eye on oil level,its normal during break in but
should stop after first oil change.

GT perf. white 401A
Secr.pkg,comf.pkg,3.55
GT500 A/Bs,Roush billet grill,GT/CS facia w/fogs,oil catch can,
hood struts,Kappa Infinity6829s.Body color side skirts & rear
valance,STEEDA,sports,adj.GT 500 mounts, upper & lower control arms,bumpsteer kit,x11 ball joints,panhard bar,KONI yellows,Omega Godspeed wheels staggered,295/30/20 rear, 255/35/20'front.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I went to germany a few years bach, spent a few days in Munich.

going down the autobahn in a mercedes bus and watching porsche 911's fly by us doing well over 100 was epic..

also mercedes benz taxi's everywhere. wish we had those in the us.

2015 Oxford White GT Manual Transmission
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Manual Transmission - Sold.
2012 Grabber Blue V6 - T-boned and totaled.
2008 Performance White V6 - SOLD!
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GTAndy View Post
Danke Jungs

I didnt know that here are so much people who lived in Germany...
da fühlt man sich doch gleich schon wie zu Hause

Yeah my car has about 1300km on the clock now and yesterday I drove it a little bit faster over the Autobahn. Its amazing how fast it goes up to 250 km/h. Its pure fun to pushs the 5er BMWs and the Audis away But most of these people are smiling when i pass them haha...
By the way, my oil level is now on minimum, is that normal? I belive so.. i fill it up tomorrow and see what the next 1000km will happen.
Hi Andy,
There have been many owners that have received new mustangs low on oil. Some also burn a few quarts during the first few thousand miles. As long as it's not burning oil after ~4000km, you should be fine. In the mean time, just keep an eye on it and keep the level between the min and max holes. Your car looks great! -Thomas
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

American Muscle in Germany got to love it,I was allso in Germany when i was in the Military back in 1987,and YES I did get to drive the Autobahn.
PONY Member

Hey Andy - Did you source your Stang from Canada to get the speedo in kph?

Since you are going to be humiliating some German metal with American Muscle at high speeds, you planning on any mods or safety upgrades such as replacing the driveshaft?

2011 Sterling Grey MCA Performance Package with Glass Roof/Nav/HID/Every Factory Option...

Mods: Infinity 6832cfs|93 Octane stock|DynoMax 39507 Cat-Back|35% tint|Roush rear valance
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks i´ll keep an eye on the oil level...

@addison1062

Hmm my Stang is from the US ( Flat Rock ) and has the mph speedo if you meant that?! But there is the small kph speedo under the big mph speedo. Thats fine for me. It gives me a little bit more of the "American way of drive" feeling

MACH I Member

Hopefully you will enjoy the best part about owning the Mustang - modding it Happy modding!!!

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
Great to have you with us , congrats on your 5.0

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
PONY Member

I like your choice in cars! I've always been a fan of German cars myself---I've driven nothing but until the Mustang (when it finally arrives at the dealer anyway). But I still have my Corrado VR6 in my garage for track outings. I've spent some time in Germany as well and like the other poster remarked, you have a beautiful country.

I do have a question however. How were you able to import a Mustang GT into Germany? I don't see the Mustang listed on the ford.de website. Did you have to make any modifications to it in order to legally drive it in Germany?

BTW--Your english is FAR better than my German!
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thank you..

well i commissioned ( hope thats the right word ) a company to import the car to Germany. They made everything for me and yes they must mod a few things. For example the original red sequential blinker must converted to simple orange blinker. Hope you know what i mean, but i made a pic for you
But I hate the German law for that, i loved the original blinker
On the pics you see my (sh*t) blinker in the small white chamber and a fog light installed in the left tail light...

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page