2011 5.0 on Pass Time - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
Well the auto stock is stated 4.6 seconds 0-60 and 12.7 1/4 mile, but thats probably under ideal conditions and a professional driver knowing how to get the perfect launch.

I thought the auto 5.0s are actually faster than the manuals?
The autos are more consistent and when making big power, are then indeed quicker than manuals. Stock for stock a good driver with a manual would get to the stipe first.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post

I thought the auto 5.0s are actually faster than the manuals?
Probably are under most circumstances. With slicks on both cars its a different story.

Sold-2011 GT, 6spd man, black on black with 3:73's, Airaid CAI, bama 93 race tune, 12.350 1/4 @ 113.5 mph (DA corrected 11.904 @ 117.856 MPH) recently added lethal performance O/R Xpipe and magnaflow axle back, new times coming soon!

2013 GT, 6spd manual, GHIG, Eibach sportlines,
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTfan4life View Post
Ummmm, read my sig. That was in 95* heat, 2400 DA.
No serious power adder on yours? That's quick. I was at the big Shelby Mustang meet in Tulsa. There were not many Stangs running the 1/4 in 11's.

2011 Roush 5XR
#51 of 136

MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes91 View Post
No serious power adder on yours? That's quick. I was at the big Shelby Mustang meet in Tulsa. There were not many Stangs running the 1/4 in 11's.
I saw what you were driving there and im thinking you dont have to look over your shoulder too much either. What is that car of yours? 525hp /460tq...about the same weight as a standard bt..but with larger brakes and beef up suspension???

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
I saw what you were driving there and im thinking you dont have to look over your shoulder too much either. What is that car of yours? 525hp /460tq...about the same weight as a standard bt..but with larger brakes and beef up suspension???

Thanks dude. It is a Roush 5XR. It doesn't have the big brake option but it does have all of the other Roush upgrades, suspension, supercharger, tune, full exhaust. Pretty much the 12 Roush Stage 3 just in 2011.

2011 Roush 5XR
#51 of 136
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page