Liquid Glass sealant and matte black stripes - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Liquid Glass sealant and matte black stripes

I know that there has been may posts on the best wax/polish on the site but I am very interested in liquid glass. I have a black on black with matte black stripe running the length of the car. Will this product ruin the matte black vinyl if you where to apply it to the stripe? If so, those that use it with a stripe, how do you keep from getting on vinyl?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011
PONY Member

I cant speak directly about liquid glass but every polish/ wax I have ever used did not do well on Matt Black stripes. I currently leave a little buffer 1/2" or so where I do not apply the wax to the car. When I wipe off I make sure to "spread" the residue close to the stripes but make sure not to hit them. I remember reading somewhere about a cleaner for the Matt Black stripes but you can search as easily as I can.

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I use liquid glass. It is the best polish I have ever had. I have about 30 coats on my Race Red 2012 , and everywhere I go someone compliments the paint. BUT it is bad stuff if you get it on matte black parts and surfaces. It will come off the plastic rocker covers with alcohol and a toothbrush but if you get it on matte stripes or rubber window trim etc you will be in trouble. The instructions from the company say varsol will remove it but I didn't have much luck with that. Unbelieveable product though.

PS I did learn to be real careful with it. You might also consider taping off what you dont want to cover.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011
GT Member

I love liquid glass. I use nothing else and get nothing but compliments as well. But, like randeez said it's a pain to get off anything but the paint. Which is funny, because it comes off the paint real easy. I wouldn't try it on the matte finish stripes. Although, I did have great luck with it on gloss finish stripes.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011
Rookie

Where is Liquid Glass available anyway? I hear great things about it, but it seems unavailable everywhere online.

I'm currently using Zaino - but when I run out I'd like to try something else.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I use it as well, very good product. I get it out of the trim by using Mother's back to black and it works very well, I would not however get it on your matte blk strips. I like the fact it reacts to the sun (Baking) since their is allot of it here in AZ, 30 coats is impressive. I'm still working on it...about 22 coats!

2011 V6 Mustang PP - UJ
MT/ 3.31
_____
Procharger P-1SC, Pypes 2.5 dual M-80's Cat-back/ 4" Resonated tips, Airaid Synthamax filter, SCT/Procharger Tune
_____
Boss Front Fascia, Saleen grill, GT500 Lower Rear Diffuser, leather interior
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

I used Liquid Glass many years ago and it was a good product but as others have said is a PITA to get off of no-painted surfaces.

I use Turtle Wax Ice on my car and I have matte black 'hood spears' and the matte black vinyl blackout decal between my tailights. I

t works great on the paint, the matte black and ALL of the black trim on the car and leaves no white residue since it is a clear liquid.

I always get compliments about the paint on my car!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I believe you can get liquid glass off amazon.com. Also , there should be distributors that can mail it out to you. It is on ebay as well. Maybe some of the pepboys etc carry it ?

If you chose to use it. Get the precleaner also and cxlean your paint as required. You wouldnt want to put the liquid glass on over unwanted diirt.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28th1s View Post
I used Liquid Glass many years ago and it was a good product but as others have said is a PITA to get off of no-painted surfaces.

I use Turtle Wax Ice on my car and I have matte black 'hood spears' and the matte black vinyl blackout decal between my tailights. I

t works great on the paint, the matte black and ALL of the black trim on the car and leaves no white residue since it is a clear liquid.

I always get compliments about the paint on my car!
I'm an Ice fan as well. Good products.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page