The best hood: Saleen vs vis racing - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Which Hood Would You Choose?
SALEEN 65 69.89%
VIS RACING 28 30.11%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Thanks. I will post the pictures when it is done. I hope to have it on and all the paint done before Thanksgiving, if I have to wait 2 months for the hood.

2012 Shelby GT500. White - Stripe Delete. Corsa Exhaust.

2011 Mustang GT - Premium. 6 Speed MT, 3.55 Gears. Sterling Grey, CS Front Lower Valance with Boss 302 Splitter, 2012 Boss 302 Wheels, Airaid Cold Air Intake, and Corsa Extreme Exhaust. Boss 302 Radiator and Oil Cooler. Steeda Sport Lowering Springs, Heavy Duty Strut Mounts, Adjustable Panhard Bar. Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
did you try that mr body kit place i posted earlier? anyone call them to see if they are in stock there?

2002 V6 Oxford White (Traded in for $5300 off the 2014)
2014 GT Ruby Red, planned 1st mod, MGW Shifter.
Biggest Pet peeve, People stealing the parking spot I'm waiting for.

post #48 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

[quote=Draghon;2707064]VIS @ Body-Kitz.com
Bodykitz- Ground Effects, Body Kits and Carbon Fiber Hoods with Free Shipping quote]

This link shows only Camaro`s hoods, am I missing something there? ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draghon View Post
I haven`t called them, but they are $240 more expensive than American Muscle, Stage 3 and Saleen...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
[quote=Asphalt Cowboy;2708458]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draghon View Post
VIS @ Body-Kitz.com
Bodykitz- Ground Effects, Body Kits and Carbon Fiber Hoods with Free Shipping quote]

This link shows only Camaro`s hoods, am I missing something there? ...

I haven`t called them, but they are $240 more expensive than American Muscle, Stage 3 and Saleen...
yeah something is wrong with that site... click on their logo in the top left and it will give you a list of makes, then you just have to find the mustangs and the hoods...

post #50 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Thanks, yes I went to look, didn`t see any Saleen Hood there...
Bodykitz- Ground Effects, Body Kits and Carbon Fiber Hoods with Free Shipping

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
yeah, no, it was a vis hood saleen style

Click top left name on page, scroll down and select ford, on this page 4th column 3rd down, "carbon fiber hoods", on this page it's the "Stalker" 2nd picture down...

post #52 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Oh ok yes, I saw the VIS one. I've set my mind on the Saleen.

GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Well, I pulled the trigger today on the VIS hood. It is sitting in my garage waiting until Monday when I can get it painted and installed. I did some side by side comparison before I made up my mind. The VIS hood is simply a better product. The fiberglass is set better and the metal screen in the VIS hood scoop is chromed and looks like it is supposed to be there. The metal they stick in the Saleen hood scoop is a very thin sliver mesh and looks like an afterthought.

The VIS hood simply looks more agressive in my opinion. Also, I was able to talk with them and talk them down to $450. I was willing to drive over to the City of Industry, their building and pick it up. Not a problem as I only live 40 miles from there. They will give you the deal if you are willing to pick up and pay cash.

My body shop guy said he needs two days to install so I should be posting photos on Tuesday or Wednesday.

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.
post #54 of 141 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Sounds great GT Style, you should take some pics before it's painted and installed...
How does it feels? Is it heavy or light? Can't wait to see it on your GT/CS...

SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jim293
I like the look of the Saleen much better.

2002 Saleen S/C Coupe
#293 Torch Red
21st Century Intercooler & Heat Exchanger
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats
#14 RMR (Red Mustang Registry)
Power in the hands of a few
PONY Member

The stock hood is already so sexy...no need to replace it.

2012 GT Premium Black/Saddle, Auto, HID's/security. 19x9.5 RTR w/285/40 & 255/40 MPSS | Koni STR.T's and Eibach Prokit | Bama tune & Airaid CAI | GT500 AB | GT500 rear spoiler, Roush side splitters, Boss Front fascia & splitter | Billet interior bits| JL Audio 570's & dynamat
post #57 of 141 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbreeze View Post
The stock hood is already so sexy...no need to replace it.
Have you seen in person a Mustang with the Saleen or VIS hood? It's sick and makes the stock hood look unfinished...
One thing for sure, I would never get that fake factory hood scoop you glue on top of the stock hood, looks ugly and ridiculous.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
Have you seen in person a Mustang with the Saleen or VIS hood? It's sick and makes the stock hood look unfinished...
One thing for sure, I would never get that fake factory hood scoop you glue on top of the stock hood, looks ugly and ridiculous.
haven't seen them in person, but I still think the stock hood is the perfect balance between aggressiveness and sexiness:

2012 GT Premium Black/Saddle, Auto, HID's/security. 19x9.5 RTR w/285/40 & 255/40 MPSS | Koni STR.T's and Eibach Prokit | Bama tune & Airaid CAI | GT500 AB | GT500 rear spoiler, Roush side splitters, Boss Front fascia & splitter | Billet interior bits| JL Audio 570's & dynamat
PONY Member

If i ever get a supercharger i'm most likely going with VIS CF hood. I don't think Saleen is worth that much.

2011 Mustang 5.0 2SLOW
post #60 of 141 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Stock hood is great, don't get me wrong, but I prefer the Saleen or VIS ones that look really sick.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page