New guy looking for some wisdom - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakkar View Post
Thank you! That ill be my plan if I end up with the mustang. For road racing, the mustang needs suspension mods more then it needs power!
OP, since you are so technical concern about Mustang's suspension setup, tranny or engine issues, why bother to look at Mustang?

Do yourself a favor and buy one the japanese econobox evo or sti.

after dumping 10g in mods(which I am sure you will) in either of the econobox and still seeing the tailight of the mustang GT with only 6g worth of mod, you will kick yourself to death!

Mustang is about character! Don't lump it with econobox...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkoo View Post
OP, since you are so technical concern about Mustang's suspension setup, tranny or engine issues, why bother to look at Mustang?

Do yourself a favor and buy one the japanese econobox evo or sti.

after dumping 10g in mods(which I am sure you will) in either of the econobox and still seeing the tailight of the mustang GT with only 6g worth of mod, you will kick yourself to death!

Mustang is about character! Don't lump it with econobox...
Dude, plee chill out. If you read my 1st post, you would understand why I am asking these questions. 1st of all, I have no prior experience with a mustang. 2nd, this will be my DD/track car. I could care less about drag racing, I like road racing/track days. A Live rear axle is not an ideal set up. NO ONE can dispute that.

This being said, I know the new 2011-2012 stangs are great cars, and the reviews say they handle great. Sorry to use a forum as a mean to gather information on my purchase. I don't buy blindly because of brand/name/etc.

If I came to a Mustang forum, it's to gather as much info as I can about the stang!

For anyone else, right now, I have pretty much removed the STi from my list, except if they offer me the deal of a century. So it's pretty much EVO vs Stang. I will be swinging by the ford dealership on friday to retry the Stang, and probably next week to the Mitsubishi. I would like to do both in the same day, but unfortunately, it does not work

also, can the GT500 hood be ordered from ford or any other aftermarket source? I am thinking of ditching the hoodscoop and just buying a GT500 hood down the line instead.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page