Polished Aluminum billet grille on a sterling gray GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Polished Aluminum billet grille on a sterling gray GT

I've been thinking of installing a polished aluminum billet grille on my sterling gray GT but I'm worried that they may not look good together.

Is there any proud stergling gray owners there with this combo? Pics will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2011 Mustang 5.0, 6spd manual, Sterling Gray Metallic, 401A spec,
Charcoal Black leather seats with cashmere stripe, Shaker 1000, Rear view camera, HID, Security package, Reflective Tints , Borla S-Type AB, GT500 Rear Diffuser. California Special Lower Valance with Boss 302 front splitter, Black GT500 replica wheels staggered set-up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011
PONY Member

the closest i have seen is the mca dark stainless which is really plastic painted a dark silver lol. so it should look good if your not going with the whole black wheels theme ext.

look up 2011 mca sterling grey on google.

2011 V6 Premium, auto,
BAMA tune, AIRAID cai, BBK X-pipe & LT'S from AM
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I think it will look good. I prefer the billet grille to the rgular grille anyday.

I am planningon making the dame mod myself (on Kona Blue) but my dealer just emailed back and said the billet grille wont fit with the standard fog lamps. I was aware of this already, I just figured it meant having the fog lamps removed (which is fine with me anyways).

Ill have to see

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for the feedback. I'm aiming for the Hidden Fog lights billet grill. I'm just a little bummed that it deletes the pony emblem. A mustang just seem incomplete without the running pony.

Charcoal Black leather seats with cashmere stripe, Shaker 1000, Rear view camera, HID, Security package, Reflective Tints , Borla S-Type AB, GT500 Rear Diffuser. California Special Lower Valance with Boss 302 front splitter, Black GT500 replica wheels staggered set-up
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRIS50 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'm aiming for the Hidden Fog lights billet grill. I'm just a little bummed that it deletes the pony emblem. A mustang just seem incomplete without the running pony.

What is this? DO you have a link? It might be what I need too.

Just MHO, but the tricolor GT/CS pony emblem looks great.

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
What is this? DO you have a link? It might be what I need too.

Just MHO, but the tricolor GT/CS pony emblem looks great.

I like the tribar pony logo too. I talked to a DG custom rep and they said the tribar pony logo will not fit as it is. You'll need to cut off the pins in the back of the logo and stick them using 3M tape.
That is another bummer.

Here's the link. Mustang Grilles - DG Custom Auto

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011
PONY Member

If I could have purchased my favorite color combo I would have gotten the black billet grill with sterling grey. Just my opinion, but that is the most awesome color combo. I "settled" for a black GT and installed the dark stainless billet grill.

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Thanks.

Also that black with dark stainlessis a nice combo. Very mean. I was originally goign to go black with dark stainless, but now I am just feeling the classic chrome more.

Ooops. Crap. Just got the email back from my dealer. He says the can remove the fog lamps but we need to check on state inspection requirements first. Some states apparently have a rule where if there is a switch, then the lights must be there. Lame. Time to get googling.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page