2012 Navi screen hazy this morning - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

2012 Navi screen hazy this morning

This morning on my ride into work, i noticed that the navi screen looked a little hazy, at first i thought it was just from my fingerprints, but as i continued to drive i noticed it was a very light condensation on the inside of the navi screen. it continued to shrink and the screen cleared up from the outdside in, in an oval looking pattern. By the time i got to work it was pretty much gone. I doubt there should be moisture inside the navi screen.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011
Banned

As an electronics engineer I can tell you water and electronics mix even less than oil and water do. No problems with my nav screen since I took delivery on May 5, 11. Good luck!

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011
GT Member

It's under warr. right? Just take it in; NO, it's not normal.

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011
Apprentice

It's perfectly normal. Just ask Wingless.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...nside-nav.html

2011 Sterling Grey Metallic V6 Premium convertible
Black Interior, 6MT, Pony and Comfort packages.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011
GT Member

I like how Deysha never answered the question of whether or not this was normal...

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
It's under warr. right? Just take it in; NO, it's not normal.
I would, just one problem, it cleared up, so this is gonna fall into one of those "the tech was not able to reproduce your complaint" issues. guess i will just have to wait til it happens a gain and run straight down to the dealer.

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoT midlife CS View Post
I would, just one problem, it cleared up, so this is gonna fall into one of those "the tech was not able to reproduce your complaint" issues. guess i will just have to wait til it happens a gain and run straight down to the dealer.
Sounds like it; either that or when it shows signs of internal water damage!

Godspeed, my friend.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011
Apprentice

Get pictures if it happens again, and keep notes on weather conditions as well as any other factors you think may have affected your Nav unit. It may not be enough to convince the dealer, but then maybe it will. Never hurts to try.

2011 Sterling Grey Metallic V6 Premium convertible
Black Interior, 6MT, Pony and Comfort packages.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011
PONY Member

If you look behind the dash, you will then notice that there is a huge blank void behind the "nav unit". All that is there as far as I can remember is the touch screen. The electronics are elsewhere. The touch screen is just that, a piece of glass that is susceptible to changes in the environment. I would not be overly alarmed about it, but if it becomes a nuisance I would definitely complain if it takes too long to clear. A true design flaw. If you are worried about water getting into the nav electronics, then I would not be concerned unless you see water dripping behind the dash.

2012 GT Grabber Blue Vert, 6MT
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoT midlife CS View Post
This morning on my ride into work, i noticed that the navi screen looked a little hazy, at first i thought it was just from my fingerprints, but as i continued to drive i noticed it was a very light condensation on the inside of the navi screen.
Hi GoT midlife CS,

I recommend you contact your Ford dealer and speak to your Service Manager about this. Then make an appointment with them as soon as possible to get it diagnosed. Then, please PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info so I can forward this to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
I like how Deysha never answered the question of whether or not this was normal...
Hey Cbaty08,

Since I am not a technician or an engineer, I am not able to say if anyone’s concern is normal or not. This is why I ask all members with concerns to bring their vehicles in to their Ford dealers for diagnosis.

Deysha
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Hi GoT midlife CS,

I recommend you contact your Ford dealer and speak to your Service Manager about this. Then make an appointment with them as soon as possible to get it diagnosed. Then, please PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info so I can forward this to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Hey Cbaty08,

Since I am not a technician or an engineer, I am not able to say if anyone’s concern is normal or not. This is why I ask all members with concerns to bring their vehicles in to their Ford dealers for diagnosis.

Deysha
Deysha,

I just find it odd that you collect all of this information and yet have no idea about fixes.

I work along side with both engineers, and agents who speak with our customers for their concern. How am I going to be able to make sure that the customer is satisfied with their service, if I never hear about any of the details about what happened after you 'escalated' their case? Don't you do more of a follow up rather than just a 'glad you're happy. Next!'.

I know you, yourself may not know these answers, but you do have connections most of us don't have.

Agree to disagree on this one I suppose; it would just be nice to be acknowledged when we ask a question.. and not only receive replies when you get called out; we know Ford watches these boards closely.

I do thank you for the help you do give, so forgive me if I sounds harsh; I have had it up to my neck with Ford lately.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page