Color Crisis on 2012 GT - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Color Crisis on 2012 GT

So I have my 2012 Gt ordered and am getting close to getting my vin so my time for making changes is drawing to a close. I have my car built as below:

gt coupe
rear sensing and camera
electronics package
glass roof
kona blue exterior
6mt

Do I go with saddle or charcoal black? i love the saddle in some pictures but others it looks downright awful. Also, I kind of feel like the door leather portions with the contrast of color draw to much attention to the cheap plastic on the door panels. Anyone have some good new saddle pics they can share? i have seen just about all of them i can find through google.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011
Rookie

go black

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011
PONY Member

+1 black on the black

2012 v6 white, base, performance package, borla ATAKs, 4 alpine type s speakers, 35% tint

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011
PONY Member

split the difference and go with black and 401A with cashmere stripe on the seats.

2012 GT Grabber Blue Vert, 6MT
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

+1 on the 401A package. Not only does it look nice in terms of color, but the better leather and better door panel trim makes a worl dof difference IMHO. It takes the feel of the interior up a whole nother level of quality.

Personally I think the saddle would clash, but thats just me.

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Actually go saddle. Definitely go saddle. Going black would be even better. Yeah. You should totally go black!

By the way that suggestion has nothing to do with the fact that the original car you described is actually almost exactly what I just ordered (with 401A charcoal and blue trim)

Ok fine, I guess we can share, but you're going to have to promise not to drive north of the Mason Dixon.

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
+1 on the 401A package. Not only does it look nice in terms of color, but the better leather and better door panel trim makes a worl dof difference IMHO. It takes the feel of the interior up a whole nother level of quality.

Personally I think the saddle would clash, but thats just me.

As far as clashing, I think The lower portion of the seat does it in for me. I was looking at the black/ cashmere as well. When you say better door panel trim, is that just the leather or is the cheapo plastic surrounding it upgraded as well?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011
PONY Member

+1 on the black, can't go wrong with that color and if it gets dirty it's easier to hide.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
I guess we can share, but you're going to have to promise not to drive north of the Mason Dixon.
You both live south of the Mason Dixon line, so he should probably get the saddle, i would have, but it wasn't an option on the CS.

Good Luck

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

black for sure.

2012 Mustang GT Premium w/ Brembo || 2011 Subaru WRX Premium
PONY Member

Go for black. Always looks good!

2011 premium GT. Sterling Grey metalic with Charcoal interior. Roush Axlebacks. Redline hood struts. Shelby GT500 style rims. Smoked side markers. Comfort package with GT coupe Accessories #5. Don't Judge me for the accessories pack, I'm a recovering Ricer...

Other rides:
2011 Mazda CX-7 Touring Turbo
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apprentice

Black. The 5.0 I test drove before ordering mine had a Saddle interior and I thought it was hideous.

2012 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Ebony, Charcoal Leather, HID, 19" Machined Rims, Shaker 500, Comfort Package, Remote Start, Rear Sensing Package, GT/CS Valance, Hushpower AB, Pedestal Spoiler, Hood Scoop, Side Scoops, BOSS 302 Side Exhaust, Roush CAI, Custom '5.0' faux gas cap Delivered: 9-19-2011

2002 Mustang GT Convertible True Blue Metallic Traded In: 9-19-11 I'll miss her :-(

DD: 2013 Taurus LTD Ingot Silver, 302A Spec, Moonroof, Navigation, 20" Wheels
Rookie

Seems like I'm in the minority here, but when faced with the same decision I went with Saddle and do not regret it at all.

I'll go snap a few pictures of my interior tomorrow to give ya some more comparisons, too dark outside now to try and get anything worth showing.

Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT Premium -- Auto, 400A, Electronics Package, HID/Security Pack, Saddle Interior, 19" Bright Machined Aluminum Wheels

Order Date: 3/12/11. Build Date: 6/3/11. ETA: 6/15/11. Delivered: 6/15/11. Picked up: 6/16/11.

Last edited by KonaBlues; 09-11-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: wrong word
PONY Member

If you have not seen Saddle in person then don't buy it. It looks horrible. Black looks fine. Now if you want to be crazy go for the red. But again make sure you see a car with that interior in person.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe Sterling Grey/Black int
3.73, Brembos, Electronics package, HIDs
Ordered : 07/07/10
Sticker : 08/25/10
Build Date : 08/30/10
Delivery Date: 09/15/10
PONY Member

I have Kona Blue with Saddle and absolutely love it. Everyone that sees my car always comments on my interior.

All cars have black interiors... to me its boring.

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
color , decision , kona , saddle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page