On the fence about MT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

I like what I am reading. Go for the manual. I have a manual with 3.73s. I have 4500 miles on it and not a hint of problems. I also am putting about 540 HP through the gears. And for the mileage, 15 in this small town driving, and 22 on the highway. Not that I bought it for the mileage.

2011 Roush 5XR
#51 of 136
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Get what you want. I have 11 5.0 MT w/3.73s. Car has 5800 miles on it. I had
the clutch pedal assembly fixed ( sticking at high rpms) at around 2k. It is now in the shop waiting for clutch/flywheel replacement (bolts backed out), but I do not regret for a minute getting the 6M. The only thing I am not happy with is the totally crappy Malibu I am driving, but that is being swapped for something else tomorrow.
Would I be aware that some were having problems without the internet, no. But I am aware, and my dealer has taken care of me satisfactorily as always. Would I buy another one of these cars, YES, in a heartbeat.
Go for it, and don't worry, if something happens the warranty is there for you.
And hopefully if you should have issues, you have a good dealer working for you as I do.
Good luck to you and enjoy the 5.0 regardless of how you shift it....

2011 GT Premium, Sterling gray/ black interior,
400A, HIDs, security , comfort
louvers, scoops, rear cover,MRT struts
19" nickel lustre wheels, GT500 mufflers
3.73, 6 sp manual, CDC Classic chin, smoked corners
PONY Member
5.0L Member

How are you guys liking the 3.73? That's what I got as well, so I'm hoping it pays off. Even if not at the track, I figure, when I pass somebody on 395 they are going to KNOW they just got passed.

Plus, my buddy on the west coast has a 2010 Camaro SS so, one of these days... one of these days...:smoke:

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."

2006GTfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalworker View Post
Get what you want. I have 11 5.0 MT w/3.73s. Car has 5800 miles on it. I had
the clutch pedal assembly fixed ( sticking at high rpms) at around 2k. It is now in the shop waiting for clutch/flywheel replacement (bolts backed out), but I do not regret for a minute getting the 6M. The only thing I am not happy with is the totally crappy Malibu I am driving, but that is being swapped for something else tomorrow.
Would I be aware that some were having problems without the internet, no. But I am aware, and my dealer has taken care of me satisfactorily as always. Would I buy another one of these cars, YES, in a heartbeat.
Go for it, and don't worry, if something happens the warranty is there for you.
And hopefully if you should have issues, you have a good dealer working for you as I do.
Good luck to you and enjoy the 5.0 regardless of how you shift it....
Others have said "That's what the warranty is for" only to have Ford saying they have no fix, or being denied, ect, and being replaced with same faulty parts.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Get what you want.

For me, the MT-82 w/3.73's was the only way to go. Special ordered my car and it's impossible to describe how awesome and what a ball it is drive without using the the mother of all expletives. Over 11K miles in 15 weeks. Best purchase of my life.

I love all aspects of driving this car. If I was concerned only with straight line performance (and I used to be) I'd buy an auto.

But twisties like in the first pic are much more fun with this transmission.

May I suggest you read at least the first parts of each of these.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...le-report.html

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...s-mt-82-a.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trip2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	139216   Click image for larger version

Name:	trip9h.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	139217  

2012 GT Prem Cp, Kona w/MT-82, 401A, 3.73's & HID/Sec. GT-500 Spoiler & OE sidescoops. FR Pwr Upgrd & FR3 Adj Hndl Packs. MaxMoto CC plates. BMR Adj Panhard. 255/45 and 285/40-18 Conti DW's on silver Forgestar CF5's.Tint, clear bra, CDC Dead Pedal, JLT Oil Separator and Black in Back.

Ordered 3/18/11. Built 5/4. ETA 5/22. Arrived 5/24.
GT Member

if you like manuals, dont hesitate to get one itll be fine. a lot of these issues are totally blown outta proportion thanks to the internet

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
Others have said "That's what the warranty is for" only to have Ford saying they have no fix, or being denied, ect, and being replaced with same faulty parts.
You should know...Oh wait...snap...you don't even own a 2011+ Mustang. You listened to the internet hype and bought another make (and still have Mustang envy) yet you constantly bash Ford. Go back to your GM forum please.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Rookie

He does have a mustang.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rduc View Post
He does have a mustang.
I must have him confused with someone else...Sorry, can't delete or I would.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page