Magnaflow Street Axle-back vs. Magnaflow Competition Axle-back Exhaust - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Magnaflow Street Axle-back vs. Magnaflow Competition Axle-back Exhaust

Ok i got my roush pipes the other day i like them but it just doesnt realy seem deep like i want a deeper sounding exhaust, iv been looking in to the Magnaflow while i was waiting for my roush exhaust to come in and it seem like these were deep not super loud like the roush. Sence i am only 16 and the roush pipes are realy loud it makes me stand out and its to loud so i can easly get a ticket. The bad things i hate about the roush is when your in like 3rd or 4th gear its realy loud for crusing and hurts my ears i thought turning the radio up would help but didnt help.

So my question is which exhaust is better for a deeper sounding but not super loud like the roush, if you have a different exhaust like that please tell me and i will look the videos up.

thing i want for my next exhaust.
Deeper, not as loud as roush, no done at any rpm's
BTW i have a v6 so it has to be a v6 exhaust and i know i will never get the v8 sound , i just want something that is deeper and not as loud with no drone.

2012 Mustang v6 Kona Blue Auto, Roush Exhaust, Roush grille, gt Lower valance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to Derfdog15 Send a message via Yahoo to Derfdog15
drone will almost always be present, you just have to find a setup where its a drone you can live with, or it drones at a range that you almost never sit in.

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan View Post
So my question is which exhaust is better for a deeper sounding but not super loud like the roush, if you have a different exhaust like that please tell me and i will look the videos up.
The best way to get "deeper" sound is by adding 2 more cylinders to your car!:kooky:

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

i know there will probly always be drone but on the roush its just super loud and makes my head hurt all day

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member

yeah what im saying is find one you can deal with, for instance my car drones from 50-55 sometimes 45-55 but i either go 40 or under or 60+ for the most part so i dont have to deal with it. Plus when i do go 50-55 it sounds kinda nice, and i know it intimidates all the ricers around here!

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
yeah what im saying is find one you can deal with, for instance my car drones from 50-55 sometimes 45-55 but i either go 40 or under or 60+ for the most part so i dont have to deal with it. Plus when i do go 50-55 it sounds kinda nice, and i know it intimidates all the ricers around here!
thanks and ya i want to find the perfect one before i buy it because i dont want to spend even more money on another exhaust if i dont like the next one so im going to make sure its perfect. like i want something that is kinda loud and deep but not as loud as the roush

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have magnaflow streets with 3 inch from the cats back with no resonators. Idle is barely louder than stock. Almost no drone and super quiet at cruising, but very deep and muscular sounding when on the gas. I get compliments all the time.

2012 blk/blk gt premium, 400a, brembos, comfort, reverse/security, 3.73's...

Ordered 4/16, vin 6/2, window sticker 6/9, build date 6/16, ETA 6/27, arrived 6/25, picked up 6/29...

mods: magnaflow streets, frpp power pack, mgw shifter, dss driveshaft, s/s clutch/brake lines, steeda rear suspension.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member

i used flowmaster super 44's on my car, but your looking at magnaflows so my setup is irrelevent lol, good luck!

2003 Redfire V6,

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011
Apprentice

I have the comp cat-back and it does drone at 2k. When I first installed it I could not believe how loud it was (actually measured it at over 70 db in the cabin) but after a thousand miles it burned in quite nicely and now sounds pretty f'ing sick. Idle is a mellow burble once cold start idle has trimmed out. Very deep and throaty at most ranges except WOT, which screams pure evil for the masses to hear. It's a good exhaust for the price I paid (which was much cheaper than MSRP). But there is no way I'd pay full price for it for sure. If I had to go back & the price had not been right I would probably have done ATAK cat-back.

2011 GT Premium, Performance White/Saddle w/Bremos, 3.73s, & comfort pkg.

Airaid, Magnaflow Comp cat-back, JLT separator, Barton shifter/bracket, GT500 splash guards, CDC chin spoiler, SS 'Eleanor' grill, Roush splitters

Two wheeled ride-
2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 Jet Black <---street duty
Hence Threebanger!
Rookie

youll probably like the borla touring.

2012 v6 | Dyno Tune | Airaid CAI | Borla ATAK Catback | BBK Long Tube Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | 3.73 Gear | Eibach Pro-Street Coil Over | Black SVE Drift Wheels | SVT Brembo Brakes | Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates | Steeda Bumpsteer Kit | JPC Upper Control Arm | J&M Lower Control Arm | Raxiom Smoked Headlights | DDM tuning 35w 6000k HID | RTR Aluminum Rear Spoiler | Quarter Window Louvers | MMD Taillight Trim | Saleen S281 Grill | BSS/CS Front Fascia | BOSS 302 Splitter |
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

For those posting with GT's he has a V6 so the sound will be totally different.You just can not get a deep sound with this V6

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page