TrueDelta Lists 2011 Mustang as Most Problematic in Years - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMoneY View Post
It already is ****** man I got a MT-82!!! It's almost winter I have no hope.

You must realize that for every shiity mustang post must be countered with a good mustang post.

What was Jmatero trying to accomplish with this statistical info? Inform more ppl to not buy mustangs??? To make his situation better so ppl agree with him? It's like if I go on a Mac forum and post how it cost 2x as much as a pc so you should get a pc. The 2011's are flawed to hell so you better look else were for a new car.

EDIT: sry if I sound like a retard here. It's just I don't understand the point of posting all this hate on the stang. Get a new car and move on.
It's not hate for the Mustang. It's posting data to help perspective owners make informed decisions. True Delta, JD Power, Consumer Reports, every Mustang Forum... they're ALL nonsense?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

I apologize for the hate. I'm just one consumer with no issues I hold very little weight. No sarcasm is meant here.

2012 GT Black Premium 6MT, 20" Black Foose Nitrous Staggered.

MODS: Airaid CAI, 93 BAMA Performance Tune, Roush Axle-Backs, GT500 Splash Guards, Shorty Antenna, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Extra Chrome Trim, 3rd Brake Light Decal, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge w/ Roush Vent Pod, Valetine 1.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
It's not hate for the Mustang. It's posting data to help perspective owners make informed decisions. True Delta, JD Power, Consumer Reports, every Mustang Forum... they're ALL nonsense?
They're nonsense unless compared to other vehicles. The 2011 Mustang rates higher than 2011 BMWs and Audis as far as reliability on true delta. Cherry picking data without showing the entire picture makes people wonder if you have a crusade against the car.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt View Post
They're nonsense unless compared to other vehicles. The 2011 Mustang rates higher than 2011 BMWs and Audis as far as reliability on true delta. Cherry picking data without showing the entire picture makes people wonder if you have a crusade against the car.

He has no crusade against the Mustang. He is known as the person that have a crusade against any car he owns. He will find problems with any car he owns and he will set out to trash it in every imaginable forums. Please let him whine and rant for a few more month? years? Eventually he will leave and go buy another car and troll that forum. He will be missed.

My Junk POS MT82 and tens of thousand POS mt82 survived TWO winters. How can it be? It's suppose to whine and grind all winter!!!! I love troll myth
2012 GT Premium, Glass Roof, 3.73, MT82, HID+SEC, 401A, MGW shifter, Gt500 muffler, Clear bra, 3M tint
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Whole new breed of Pony. It's to be expected. Perhaps not to the extent it's been experienced, but still expected. I imagine the next major overhaul of Mustang technology will bring its fair share of headaches as well. At least they haven't scrapped the line over the growing pains.
PONY Member

I wish they would just scrap the Mustang and bring back the Ford Probe--that car makes much more sense these days than a big gas guzzling RWD muscle car.... :kooky:

'00 Mustang V6 -- current
'12 Mustang V6 PP -- former
GT Member

Quote:
It already is ****** man I got a MT-82!!! It's almost winter I have no hope.

You must realize that for every shiity mustang post must be countered with a good mustang post.

What was Jmatero trying to accomplish with this statistical info? Inform more ppl to not buy mustangs??? To make his situation better so ppl agree with him? It's like if I go on a Mac forum and post how it cost 2x as much as a pc so you should get a pc. The 2011's are flawed to hell so you better look else were for a new car.

EDIT: sry if I sound like a retard here. It's just I don't understand the point of posting all this hate on the stang. Get a new car and move on.
The reality is, the more threads on this topic the better, period; it will gain more attention and more eyes on this issue is what we need.

I myself am being given the run around on anything from warranty validity, parts availability, properly warn in parts... the list can go on.

Hate him or not, he is trying to do a favor for those in need. But that's the end of my rant as I am at work and have a life to tend to.

Rant on...

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
PONY Member

It's one thing to have certain problems with the car, like the MT-82 issue.

It's another thing to report EVERY negative review of the car over and over again, redundantly. This is just a random survey...it doesn't mean that the Mustang is a bad car and that you will have problems.

To me, it's two different things. It's basically like us posting EVERY SINGLE positive article regarding the Mustang. One or two threads should be good enough, not 5 or 10.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentfury View Post
i dont have a horse in this race, no pun intended. i don't care either way. was simply making a point from an outsider looking in on this thread. you seem to have something personal against jmatero and i was inquiring as to why.

That's bullsh!t!! I might not like some of his whine or how he like to twist and turn numbers sometime but i do like John. I believe he will get (us) either an extended warranty for the transmission or a long shot (new transmission). As i said before, he will be missed when he move on to his next vehicle.

P.s. I have no problem with my mt82, but longer warranty is good for everyone rite?

My Junk POS MT82 and tens of thousand POS mt82 survived TWO winters. How can it be? It's suppose to whine and grind all winter!!!! I love troll myth
2012 GT Premium, Glass Roof, 3.73, MT82, HID+SEC, 401A, MGW shifter, Gt500 muffler, Clear bra, 3M tint
PONY Member

Why would he be obligated to give YOU his VIN number? I wouldn't give you my VIN number either.

You guys have all rallied for months about how there is no empirical data to support the position that there are systemic problems in these cars.

Now the data is there, from multiple sources.

How about instead of being a *******, you stop investing your ego in your position and take a look at the facts?

I read internet forums because I love objective opinions about subjective topics.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Ryan View Post
Why would he be obligated to give YOU his VIN number? I wouldn't give you my VIN number either.

You guys have all rallied for months about how there is no empirical data to support the position that there are systemic problems in these cars.

How about instead of being a *******, you stop investing your ego in your position and take a look at the facts?
Now THAT was a good point!

Way to go Marcus!

I read internet forums because I love objective opinions about subjective topics.
PONY Member

Quote:

Not to sound like a woman, but it's not what's being said - it's how it's being said. We're all aware that the MT82 has problems. What we don't appreciate is it being shoved in our faces like the latest steamy Lady Gaga news.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
lmmfao omfg! did someone just quote themselves? now Ive seen everything hahahahahahaha
The guy just made such a salient point I felt it necessary to give him a pat on the back.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Well it's time to sell my mustang cuz let's face it all 2011+ mustangs are doomed to fail. This 100% scientific study proves it. We all know everything on the Internet is true.

BTW anyone who expects any ANY! mechanical/electric device to always be 100% fail proof is a damn fool. In a few years there will be no 2011/2012s on the road tru story.

I'm amazed I've gone 6k miles in mine just amazed!!!
Sarcastic? Yes.

Funny? Yes.

Pointless ranting? No.

The real point of this thread is two fold:

(1) delivery of the facts... Done!

(2) what do we, as Mustang owners, do with these facts?

Herein lies the mystery, based upon the responses I'm reading.

I'm gonna do what makes the most sense to me: appreciate this information, remember that my car has had no problems after 1 year and 22,000 miles, and walk away from this thread a happy man, knowing I bought the right car. I'll continue telling my non-Mustang owning friends that I made the right choice as well.

Point #2 is covered in my book. :shiny:
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
We're all dewicate wido flowas....

Hey, an ******* here is an ******* there, but I've seen lots of people just dismissing evidence because it doesn't suit they're position.

JD Power
NHTSA
TrueDelta (whoever the **** they are)

And when that's juxtaposed with a million screams of "My transmission is having problems" on the forum there's a decent chance there's a real issue.

I'm just saying the body of evidence is mounting, and it's becoming more and more difficult to deny that Ford screwed up some things with the new Stangs. I love mine as much as anybody, but I'm on differential and clutch number 2, with no outrageous driving and at 10,000 miles.
There is a very small percentage of problems with these cars and that's why Ford has it on the back burner.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page