TrueDelta Lists 2011 Mustang as Most Problematic in Years - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
Must be nice.. I am running the JHR shifter, bracket, and upgraded clutch line with the newest tranny and it still sucks.
Does it drive or is it like matero's and never moves?

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

It's not just the Mustang it's all manfacturers.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
Does it drive or is it like matero's and never moves?
Luckily, mine moves.

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
True delta.com is now reporting the 2011 Mustang is the most problematic model year since they began collecting data in 2005.

They show an average of 38 trips per year for a major repair per 100 vehicles. More disturbing is the average milage is 6200 for a major repair.

For comparison, the 2007 Mustang was 8 major repairs per 100 vehicles at an average milage of 28,000.

Average milage before major repair - Ford Mustang:

2005: 60,700
2006: 42,800
2007: 28,300
2008: 21,800
2010: 12,800
2011: 6,200
Sorry, just came across this thread. A correction to the OP: those are the average odometer readings of the cars at the time of the survey, not the odometer at the time of a major repair. This is why they get higher the older the car.

Also, we count all repairs, not just major ones.

38 repair trips per 100 cars was close to the average, and the stat has improved since then. The 2010 has required more repairs than the 2011, but is nevertheless still not far from the average.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
Sorry, just came across this thread. A correction to the OP: those are the average odometer readings of the cars at the time of the survey, not the odometer at the time of a major repair. This is why they get higher the older the car.

38 repair trips per 100 cars was close to the average, and the stat has improved since then. The 2010 has required more repairs than the 2011, but is nevertheless still not far from the average.
Shhhhh....you're denying haters the hate they need.

Thanks for clearing this up!

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
Rookie

2011 GT MT-82 and only minor issues so far at 11k miles (pass seat motor which I still haven't taken in to get fixed and a nail in a tire which took out the $253 pirelli at 8k miles). I guess that's the only complaint I have with the car!!!! I love the car and happy with it

Built june 16 2010 - purchased new oct 2010

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:

My thoughts exactly. I'm a member (?) of your site, and the '11 Mustang seems relatively problem-free. It seems the OP here REALLY hates the Mustang, although I couldn't tell you why. My car has somewhere around 14k miles, now, still with no problems or issues at all.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how one looks at it) The OP will never see the correction....

But thanks anyways

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
PONY Member

lol..
It gets a smiley face here.. seems legit
Ford Mustang Reliability

2011 Mustang GT - 6 Speed, White, Brembo package
Vortech v3si, homemade intake, Koni yellows, GT500 strut mounts and mufflers, BBK LCAs, Barton 2 post, MT Street Comp tires 255F 285R
567hp/460ft*lb wheel [email protected] / 1.883 60' ([email protected])
1973 Mustang Mach 1- Fuel injected 351c, toploader 4 speed, 9" trac-lok, Hotrod Flatz OD green
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:

Thanks for correcting. I for the first time just visited Truedelta, and I think it's interesting that only "successful" repairs are reported. Which would mean the 2(insert extremely thick sarcasm) people that were told their issue was a "normal characteristic" are not included..... in the end, YMMV.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

J Orbit

I think they are fairly reliable on the whole but I must admit that my anecdotal experience has affected my perceptions. I'm trying to get over that but after dealing with a loose Pressure plate, bubbling paint, ticking engine and a 50/50 chance of using 1st gear, it's left a bad taste in my mouth.

From now on I will always practice what I preach and "never buy first model year" again.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
From now on I will always practice what I preach and "never buy first model year" again.
I'm with you on that one!

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
FordService

Quote:

Thank you for the info, mkaresh.

Deysha
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
Toyota is Japanese.
They do have a factory in China these days

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Is Jmatero back? ... Seriously, thanks Mkaresh for the update!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page