$2785 too much of a hit depreciation for one month on trade in? Or not too bad? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
S197 Member

You didn't lose anything, and you gained smiles. If I had to choose auto or manual, knowing that my manual would be junk I would still buy a manual. There is no way I could buy an auto if in my heart and head I wanted a manual. You only live once, get what you want and enjoy what you have! In the Black Book there is not an add for a lot of the options on the mustang, so resale value is the same for 400's and 401's, CS adds a little, BBP is not even an add in the Black book or NADA. Enjoy your car buddy! I think they treated you very in your trade.

FYI, I sell cars currently, but I did not sell you your car so I have no incentive to sugarcoat anything for you. Sold Fords for 5 years but have since moved on.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Last edited by adspru; 11-04-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Experience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercat666 View Post
That's still better than putting a skirt on before driving your car. Besides, most people are having no problem what so ever with their mt82. I believe Ford will have a fix if i ever have mt82 issues. There's NO FIX for an automatic however.
Troll,
Some of the best drivers in the world are Female, Retard.

I have both a manual and auto 5.0
Love driving the manual when it works, the auto always works and since Ford Reflashed my ECU the auto shifts hard quick and perfectly on time.
Can't say that for the manual, not even close.

OP,
Keep the manual and get a tune, you won't regret it
I do regret the manual I bought, can't sell it because I cant get crap for it.

PONY Member

Tell them to do a even trade!!! And enjoy that manual

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC

ucb
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faztcobra View Post
I know but I'm driving a car I think I will enjoy a lot more. I guess it's a price I was ultimately willing to pay.

I just orderd a 2012 6mt fully knowing the tranny might crap out, just cant beat rowing the gears in a sports car, esp with a 412hp V8 under the hood.

I also bough an Sti back in 05.only to sell it for an evo in 06. The monetary hit was worth it
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

I've been driving the new manual for a few hours now. 65 degree afternoon...windows down. I made the right decision

2012 5.0 M6, Brembos, 3.73s, Lethal OR-H, K&N, AED tune
PONY Member

I wish I could easily swap an auto into my z06 without spending $10-12k. I would in a second. Once you get 600+rwhp autos are so much nicer. I'm glad the mustang is an auto because once it makes 500+rwhp, good luck getting a decent 60ft with a manual.

2012 Candy Red GT Premium
2006 Corvette Z06
Apprentice

Quote:
I've been driving the new manual for a few hours now. 65 degree afternoon...windows down. I made the right decision
Glad your happy with it, that's what counts! I know I enjoy mine. I try to find any excuse to go drive it. Have fun!

2012 Black Base Model 6MT, 3.73s, Steeda Shifter, CJ intake, CJ monoblade TB, Rev auto CAI, JBA LTs, o/r h pipe, Stage 3 comp cams, AED tune, Steeda Sport springs
Rookie

Trade. Odds are this is a car you'll be living with for a fair amount of time. Sure, you may be "OK" with the auto now...but what about next year? Take the minimal depreciation now and get the car you're going to love for years!

Edit: it appears the trade already happened...didn't realize how late to the party I was lol

TapaTapaTapaTalk

2008 Cobalt SS - Not Stock
PONY Member

You lost 3k on the cali and another 3k the second you drove off in the GT. thats 6k down in 6 weeks.

Hope you love the car!

2011 Black V6 Premium, Saddle Leather, Pony Package, Airaid CAI, Borla Touring Axle-Back Exhaust, 2.73, Security Package, Automatic, 4 Rockford Fosgate Power 5 x 7 Speakers, Side Stripe Delete, Hawk ceramic pads, BAMA Hybrid tune, Nitto Motivo tires.
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbax35 View Post
You lost 3k on the cali and another 3k the second you drove off in the GT. thats 6k down in 6 weeks.

Hope you love the car!
And in 3 yrs, my CS would have been worth $18k ... thus losing $17k and now I'll have lost $20k instead. I was just trying to decide if $2800 was too much for a month or respectable, considering I'd be losing either way.

And I'm so much more happy with this car!!! Loving every minute so far!!!

2012 5.0 M6, Brembos, 3.73s, Lethal OR-H, K&N, AED tune
Apprentice

Quote:
Yes you did Congrats and enjoy - I think yu got a smokin deal on the trade and new car.

2012 GT Premium - Kona Blue, 3.73, 19" Brembo Wheels / Brembo Brakes / Ford Racing Tune / Boss 302 Suspension
Infinity 6832cf Speaker Upgrade (wow)
Past Stangs: 84 GT Turbo, 89 5.0 LX, 91 GT vert, 95 GT, 99 V6, 01 Cobra, 03 Cobra vert
PONY Member

As crappy as the MT82 might be at times, anything is better than a slushbox.

FWIW, it's easier to bury negative equity when purchasing a used car than a new one, because the dealer's margins on a used car are so much higher.

'00 Mustang V6 -- current
'12 Mustang V6 PP -- former
GT Member

Quote:
Good call !!!! Glad you didn't listen to the same 'ol, same 'ol bags here that tried to keep 3 inch heels on you. Looks like you feel better already! You won't reget it.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal View Post
I wish I could easily swap an auto into my z06 without spending $10-12k. I would in a second. Once you get 600+rwhp autos are so much nicer. I'm glad the mustang is an auto because once it makes 500+rwhp, good luck getting a decent 60ft with a manual.
most people that buy the car arent going to take it to the track, the are going to enjoy shifting through the gears through the turns and the straights.

I think you made the right decision. You would of regretted it every day. I have a mustang on order (a MT) and i almost caved and got one off the lot that was "close".... kept thinking i wouldnt be happy, and if im going to spend almost 40k on a car, im getting EXACTLY what i want.

2012 Mustang GT Premium, MT-82, Kona Blue Metallic, Factory 3.73's
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
Good call !!!! Glad you didn't listen to the same 'ol, same 'ol bags here that tried to keep 3 inch heels on you. Looks like you feel better already! You won't reget it.
You are such an ******* I don't know how you can stand to be around yourself.
Obviously nobody else can that's why your on here picking on everybody all the time.
You must of been beat up allot in grade school
it's ok, not everybody hates you, chill out

OP,
Hope you got a good one

Just in case it doesn't work out you have this option,
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/wp-con...ansmission.jpg

Rockland Standard Gear Tranzilla 6-Speed Transmission for the 2005+ Mustang
The Tranzilla modifed Tremec Magnum 6 speed transmission fits Mustangs 2005-up, and the 2011 Getrag-equipped Mustang. Eliminates the stock two-piece drive shaft and the stock remote shifter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page