Crap Heated Seats - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

They don't get very warm, almost next to nothing. Our Yukon xl has 3 settings that will burn your butt!!!!

2011 GT convertible premium
Kona blue

1989 LX 5.0 24k Original owner,with a few mods

1967 Fastback full chassis race car
BBF 460
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

I agree they could be better. But then, overall, I remember that it is a Ford. Nothing against them, I just knew I wasn't paying 60k for a car. I feel them heat up... then average out. My wife likes it, she says it's not too hot like the other car she drives. I suppose everyone has a threshold down there.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

i like mine, they heat up real good, then settle down. Just right for me, zero compaints. Still feels wierd to have heated seats in a muscle car, like I'm cheating or something...lol

2012 blk/blk gt premium, 400a, brembos, comfort, reverse/security, 3.73's...

Ordered 4/16, vin 6/2, window sticker 6/9, build date 6/16, ETA 6/27, arrived 6/25, picked up 6/29...

mods: magnaflow streets, frpp power pack, mgw shifter, dss driveshaft, s/s clutch/brake lines, steeda rear suspension.

PONY Member

They warm up after 2-3 mins. After that, they kinda mellow out. But they do the job. They keep you warm when it's 30 or so out. Which is what they're supposed to Do. I hate heated seats that burn you and make your drive uncomfy. I say ford did well here.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I've got mixed feelings, they do work, but my Focus ST seats warm up like a heating pad. Nice when you hop in after scraping your windshield and cleaning the snow off your car and you're freezing your ass off. Not as much of an issue as the Mustang gets stored for the winter but sometimes I like driving in cool weather with the windows down.

I agree that a hi/low setting would be better.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!
Apprentice

I like mine just fine...very toasty and warm up fast. I usually turn them off way before it would have probably shut off.

GT/CS 3.73s, Nav/comfort pckg.
Mods: Roush Axleback, Airaid CAI/Bama Tunes (i am always changing the tune). In the market for a shift kit and lowering kit.
PONY Member

waste of money IMO. I really can't even tell when they're on, yet Ford say's they work fine. my other vehicle had 3 levels, I appreciate being given credit and the ability to decide when I'm too cold or too hot and adjusting the levels myself, instead of Ford deciding to make them useless to the point you can't feel any heat when they are on. I really don't believe mine work at all.

2011 V6 Premium ,Grabber Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto/2.73, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package.

Mods, Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels/245-45-19 P-Zeros, Wheel Locks, Ford Accessory Alarm, Ford All-Weather Mats, window tint, spare tire/jack, cam cap mod.
on deck... Polk Audio db571 X 4 speakers & baffles
PONY Member
4.6L Member

oh hell i came close...lol can't think with head cold, little sleep, and working mad OT all night.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Cannonballer View Post

I've been living in hell for the past 11 years.
Oh, you've been married to my ex-wife then...

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I kind of like mine...they're kind of stark and effective.

My wife has multi-level ones in her car, and they're OK...but these just kind of work in a simple way, fitting with the more primal feel of the car.

2012 Candy red GT convertible premium, MT82, comfort package. Black int/black roof.
PONY Member

They work but compared to all my other cars they are weak.

2012 Candy Red GT Premium
2006 Corvette Z06
PONY Member

Yeah, I'd say they're pretty pathetic, they get lukewarm at best. All of the other Fords in our family that have heated seats get hot as hell when you want them to.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Mine are fine, I'm glad I took that option, it's nice when it gets cold.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Apprentice

When it's below freezing, I roll my windows down and let the natural heat of the V8 sooth me....Like a real manly man. :p

2012 GTCS. HID/Security Package. 3.73 Gears.
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I agree with those that say they don't get very warm. My seat warmers are hardly noticeable when I turn them on. I do feel they heat up a bit, but don't know if it is even worth the effort of pushing the button on. LOL

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page