Crap Heated Seats - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

They aren't the hottest, and a 2 stage button would have been nice, but I find it convenient that they auto on/off and they get the job done. Mine warm up pretty fast. Within a minute I can already start feeling it.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie
5.0L Member

Mine work exactly as they should. By that I mean that they don't. Because I don't have them. Because my butt is warm enough. :kooky:

2013 School Bus Yellow Boss 302, Recaro/Torsen

Formerly: '02 Lightning, '12 GT Brembo/3:73, '15 GTPP premium
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adblink View Post
Just wondering if anyone would describe their heated seats as being pretty damn crappy.

I find that I start to feel a little warmth in the beginning but after like 10min I look down, the light is still on but I can't feel a thing. Do these heated seats have an auto shutoff feature even when the light stays on?

My folks have a ford fusion with a 2 level heated seat option and wow you can't leave those things on for very long at all or your butt will sweat.

opinions?
They are really a$$ warmers not heaters. I was surprised they only have one setting (on).

My old Chrysler 300 has a high/low setting. No one is allowed to fart on the high setting lest it ignite. A little too aggressive in my opinion.

I'm tired of shows about vampires. I want to see killer umpires!

post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
they do get "warm" but I basically forget the damn things are even on its that mediocre.

2011 V6 Mustang
6 Speed Manual - 3.31 Gears
Kona Blue, Pony Package
PONY Member

I miss the heated seats in my Jag. There were three settings (low-med-hi) and it would keep the seat warmers adjusted accordingly. Oh, and it had a heated wheel, too!

My Mustang has none of these things.

'00 Mustang V6 -- current
'12 Mustang V6 PP -- former
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
With the price of a Jag I'm not sure why the seats don't do other things to your butt besides heat it.

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

My drivers side just died one day,light would come on but it did not heat up,nada,no way,no how!
Took it to the dealer and they replaced some underseat relays and suddenly it was working again.
At best they are very medicor,essentially they "take the bite out of a cold seat,and hardly at that!
Don't quite understand why the light stays on either,I mean the heat seems to subside but the light still stays on,glowing!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
GT Member

I used mine last night as it finally has cooled down here at night here in the desert. They worked fine and warmed up quickly. I had to shut mine off after about five minutes but my wife kept hers on much longer. She has more in the back to warm up.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
PONY Member

My heated seats suck, I can hardly tell they are working at all, when they do heat up, still never really sure they are working. Took it to the dealer, and they told me ya not very warm, but nothing wrong with them

when I was at the dealer tried another new GT premium in the lot, and it's heated seats were a tiny bit better than mine, but still not very warm at all.

My but warms the seat up faster than the heaters :?:

I bought the premium interior, and there is nothing premium about it.
Cheep, cheep, cheep. Heated seats don't work, seat does not return to the origional position when you fold the bacck foward, and have already had the drivers back cover replaced.

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
klp
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcgan11 View Post
I kind of like mine...they're kind of stark and effective.

My wife has multi-level ones in her car, and they're OK...but these just kind of work in a simple way, fitting with the more primal feel of the car.
+1, they work but not so great - they fit the crude nature of the car.

'12 Brembo GT - 6MT, 3.73's, Shaker 1000, HID/Security, Comfort package, Steeda CAI, SCT tuner, Borla axle backs, Barton shifter+bracket, Steeda UCA+mount.
PONY Member

mine didn't work at all, the dealer said they were fine. now they work a little, just enough to take the edge off. I've had heated seats before and these are a disappointment.

2011 V6 Premium ,Grabber Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto/2.73, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package.

Mods, Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels/245-45-19 P-Zeros, Wheel Locks, Ford Accessory Alarm, Ford All-Weather Mats, window tint, spare tire/jack, cam cap mod.
on deck... Polk Audio db571 X 4 speakers & baffles
Apprentice

Seat Heaters are definitely not very impressive. Just barely get any heat & that takes 10 minutes. Far inferior to the heated & cooled seats on my 2011 Explorer.

Dave

2013 GT Premium Convertible
Sterling Grey/Saddle Interior
Automatic/Brembos/Shaker Pro Audio
PONY Member

This time of year I drive my G35x with great heated leather seats most of the time but I would rather sit on the Mustang cloth seats. Much better than waiting for the cold leather to heat up.

Received 7/2/10: 11' GT base with 3.73,
Installed: Steeda CAI, SCT, Steeda tune, GT500 axlebacks, SVT leather wheel, Infinity Kappas, Boston amp, Bazooka powered sub, yellow fog light bulbs, dark front corner lights, GT500 splash guards, tint, SVE Drift matte 18"x9" wheels with 265/40s and SVE 1" drop springs, Koni Yellow, HP+ pads, brake duct coolers with CS front lower and splitter
Bought and soon to be installed: Edelbrock E-force stage 2
Stable: 14 SHO, 10 Road Glide
PONY Member

Mine work fine - hit the button and the leather warms up nicely. I turn the heater off though and don't know how long it would stay on because it gets too warm for me.

I really like my wife's Lincoln seats. Three levels for heating - and three levels for cooling in the summer. Very nice.

2013 MCA Convertible, automatic - Revelare Designs cowl hood, Hellion single turbo.
GT Member

I find them sufficient. If they were any hotter I would want them to have two-mode at least. But they aint gots it.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page