Reversion Mustang Hit SEMA, Big Hit ! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Reversion Mustang Hit SEMA, Big Hit !

Well after 9 months of ambition, hard work, determination, desire and a will to get the job done 'Johnny Sparks" came through with his Reversion Mustang. Built from a brand new 2011 GT, very carefully cut apart, and painstakingly redesigned and hand built in sheetmetal. Aftermarket 68 & 69 fastback tin from Dynacorn was used we then cut it all up and refabricated it to fit the new car shell. The head lamp buckets and qrt extensions are fabbed from scratch in sheetmatal and bolt on like factory parts, the stock hood is cut off in the front, flatened out a bit and reformed aluminum panels tig welded on and finished off. Even the roof has a very small peek to mimic that of the original 68 fastbacks. Believe me this was not an easy task even for me a thirty some year veteran of custom car/ restoration building, Let alone for a 22 year old young hoodlum with the confidence and ability of a seasoned pro. But the results are just what we were seeing it in our heads as we built. The idea was to keep it simple and clean as if it was a production car, The design idea here was to take elements from classic vintage fastbacks and blend them into the high tech new chassis and come away with a truly unique Mustang that still looks like a Mustang! We even modified the interior door & qrt trim panels opening up the insert area, recovered with top stitching & brushed aluminum inserts and an overhead console, It was a Big hit at SEMA! hope to get it out and about to many other events through the next few years, also look for it to appear in the Mustang mags. Where did Johnny Sparks learn such a skill and gain the confidance to take on such a task? 2 1/2 years of hard core restoration metal work at Auto Kraft body and paint in Lincoln, Ne. also known for custom one of a kind Mustangs and shortwheelbase Thunderbirds

Special thanks to Speedway Motors in Lincoln, Ne. Afco, and Dynatech (long tube headers) JLT cold air induction kit, SCT flash tuner, Bassani rear exhaust, Late Model Mustang restoration supply, Classic Design concepts, Eibach springs, Bear brakes, Sumitomo tires, APR Carbon, California car covers and Auto Kraft body and paint Inc. and all others who stepped up to help out.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3036.JPG
Views:	5581
Size:	706.5 KB
ID:	143221   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2869.jpg
Views:	1362
Size:	902.2 KB
ID:	143222   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3064.JPG
Views:	968
Size:	714.4 KB
ID:	143223   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01898.JPG
Views:	973
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	143224   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02498.jpg
Views:	1256
Size:	439.5 KB
ID:	143225  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02499.jpg
Views:	1240
Size:	490.1 KB
ID:	143226   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02532.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	484.2 KB
ID:	143227   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02555.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	368.4 KB
ID:	143228   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02547.jpg
Views:	748
Size:	470.8 KB
ID:	143229   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02444.jpg
Views:	947
Size:	415.4 KB
ID:	143230  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011
GT Member

the back end of that car looks sweet. They shouldve made the 2010s+ with that backend.

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to Derfdog15 Send a message via Yahoo to Derfdog15
really like it, you guys should produce a rear end kit for sale!

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011
PONY Member

Beautiful. Along with the others, a love the back end of that thing... Great work!

2011 premium GT. Sterling Grey metalic with Charcoal interior. Roush Axlebacks. Redline hood struts. Shelby GT500 style rims. Smoked side markers. Comfort package with GT coupe Accessories #5. Don't Judge me for the accessories pack, I'm a recovering Ricer...

Other rides:
2011 Mazda CX-7 Touring Turbo
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011
PONY Member

Awesome job. Can we also see a couple of more shots of the blue fox, that looks hot.

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, 401a, Manual, Brembo and 3.73 rear.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I saw it at the Sema Show, it`s great work although it`s not my cup of tea... It looked weird to me...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011
GT Member
S197 Member

Great job!A lot of bodywork involved.

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
The main headlights take away any retro look. They really don't work with the design.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
The main headlights take away any retro look. They really don't work with the design.
I have to agree, the front end looks like a 69 Camaro to be honest. But overall its a good effort. The back end looks awesome!!!! I wish Ford would do a full fastback model.

LLR0717
PONY Member

Yeah - cool concept and the rear's execution looks good. Seems like they were trying to channel the Mustang II for the front.

2011 GT 5.0 Performance White | 6SPD MT82
Borla | Corsa | 3DCarbon
PONY Member

Boy I love that car! Nice work!

2014 Sterling Grey 5.0 Brembo
* ROUSH Axle-Back Exhaust
* JLT Oil Separator (Passenger)
* RAXIOM Tail Light Sequencer
* ARAID Race CAI
* BAMA Tune (91-Perf / 93-Race)
* 20% Tint

That is amazing. Just Beautiful. I would have the front bumper a different color to break the lines up, just like in the last picture, but maybe black or chrome. Also, I don't like the quarter windows, they just dont like right. I think its that really square straight lines in contrast to all the curved ones. Everything else is really amazing. Thats a lot of work there, and very talented people. Congrats.
Apprentice

Raise the rear end up3 inches, lower the front end 1 inch. Swap out the wheels for something better looking. Put staggered high performance tires on her and finsh off that front lower grill. Put a Boss style matt black paint job on down the sides and then add side scoops....and id pay......shelby money for that (and then some).

GT/CS 3.73s, Nav/comfort pckg.
Mods: Roush Axleback, Airaid CAI/Bama Tunes (i am always changing the tune). In the market for a shift kit and lowering kit.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

That looks great. Hope Ford is taking notes.

BD 11/15/11, ETA 11/26, Delivered 11/23, received 11/28
2012 Base v6, Grabber Blue, Manual, exterior sport appearance package, stripe delete, MT82
GT Member

I see it caught the eye of Steve Saleen in picture #8

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
johnny sparks , mustang gt , reversion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page