Suspension Upgrade - 2011 GT/CS - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Suspension Upgrade - 2011 GT/CS

So I'm thinking about upgrading my suspension next spring and I have a few questions. I have read through a lot of the suspension threads and compiled those thoughts into what I think is a good setup for not a ton of money.

I will link to AM because they have the parts, but I am willing to consider other brands or different parts all together:

1. Eibach Handling Package ($900) - Eibach Mustang Pro-System-Plus (11-12 GT/V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

2. J&M Panhard Rod ($115) - J&M Mustang Adjustable Panhard Rod (2005-2012 All) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

3. J&M LCA ($100) - J&M Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms (05-12 All) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

4. Ford Racing Strut Mount ($85) - Ford Racing Mustang GT500 Style Strut Mount Upgrade (05-12 All) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

As for my questions:

Is this a pretty good setup for the price (~1200 + install)?

Are there other parts I should consider (replacing or add on to what is listed) as I would like to install all at once.

I'm not planning on doing any real racing or track time, but who knows. I mostly just want an upgrade for spirited street driving

Thanks for your help.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011
PONY Member

If you want to save money, you can reuse your OEM strut mounts if you get that Eibach system since it was designed for the 11/12s. I went along with the popular Koni str.t struts/shocks, linear Steeda sports and the GT500 mounts you linked since the struts/springs were designed for the 2010s.

2012 GT Premium 400A 6R80 Kona on Charcoal

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011
GT Member

in all honesty Id go with something like Koni STR.T's or Steeda Pro Action along with some Steeda or FRPP springs before that Eibach kit

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011
Rookie

Second that, I prefer steeda over eibach any day.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

OK, so the Koni's (~400 for all 4 corners) & Steeda springs (~230)

What about the LCAs and the Panhard rod? Should I get swaybars?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have Tokico D-Specs and Steeda sports and couldnt be happier. If you really want to add to that, I would go with a Watts Link. Just my opinion though.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I am onboard for the Koni's and Steeda's as well... The GT500 mount is only used for a 2010 setup I think, so the Eibach Pro System for a 2011 or 2012 won't work with the upgraded mounts.

Go with UMI or BMR they have an on car adjustable PHB... I have J&M and don't really like it. The extreme joint LCA's are awesome though...

Here's a thread I made about my set up... do a lot of research, it will pay off...

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-str-ts-2.html

2003 Sonic Blue Mustang SVT Cobra - 460RWHP - 480ftlbs

SOLD - 2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 401RWHP SAE - 12.64s @ 114.48mph

SOLD - 2003 Redfire Mustang GT
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang/Canuck View Post
I am onboard for the Koni's and Steeda's as well... The GT500 mount is only used for a 2010 setup I think, so the Eibach Pro System for a 2011 or 2012 won't work with the upgraded mounts.

Go with UMI or BMR they have an on car adjustable PHB... I have J&M and don't really like it. The extreme joint LCA's are awesome though...

Here's a thread I made about my set up... do a lot of research, it will pay off...

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-str-ts-2.html

Thanks for the info. I read through your thread, I have a question regarding ride quality. This is my daily driver, is there a set of springs / shocks / struts that will improve performance but not be quite so harsh on ride quality?
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwphilli View Post
Thanks for the info. I read through your thread, I have a question regarding ride quality. This is my daily driver, is there a set of springs / shocks / struts that will improve performance but not be quite so harsh on ride quality?
From what I've read this will be the best set up for someone who doesn't want to give up too much of the ride quality...

The bottom line is... if you lower the car at all, you will give up some of the ride quality and bumps and potholes are worse. I was happy with the combination of performance and ride quality with this set up. I've read many posts that say people are happier with the ride quality of this set up, it's just personal opinion.

2003 Sonic Blue Mustang SVT Cobra - 460RWHP - 480ftlbs

SOLD - 2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 401RWHP SAE - 12.64s @ 114.48mph

SOLD - 2003 Redfire Mustang GT
PONY Member

Mustang Suspension Kit 5.0 L V8 (2011-2012)

I am a fan of buying a full suspension together as they have done the trial and errors that many of us don't have the money or patients to do. This is just one of the options and is not that much more than what you have above.

2011 Roush 5XR
#51 of 136
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for all the input! Now the hard part will be waiting for the tax return check.
Apprentice

I made a thread about this for my 2012 5.0 last week and ended up ordering the following;
Steeda sport springs
Koni STR.T shocks and struts
BMR adjustable panhard bar
BMR LCA relocation brackets
Blowby Racing LCA's
GT500 upper strut mounts

Strano Parts had the Koni's in stock

I'll let you know how the setup feels next year as I plan on installing them this winter while the car is in storage

2004 SVT Cobra - [email protected] on 275 drag radials. 455rwhp 472rwtq -SOLD!
2012 5.0 on order
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwphilli View Post
What about the LCAs and the Panhard rod? Should I get swaybars?
I recommend the UPR control arms and pan hard bar. They are top quality, but priced very reasonably. (plus AFM members get a discount on them)

Swaybars also make a nice improvement in cornering. We carry the Eibach bars.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
MACH I Member

Just ordered Koni STR.T Struts/Shocks, Steeda Sport Springs, and Steeda HD Upper Mounts (the ones for the 2010) from Sam Strano. Give him a call and talk to him about what you are looking for and explain what you want from the suspension. He's very friendly and will give you good advice.

I will still order the GT500 upper mounts because there is a piece that's needed off of them for the Steeda mounts. Unfortunately Ford doesn't sell that piece alone, but I don't mind since the Steeda mounts are much sturdier and allow for some camber adjustment.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page