The 2013 Mustang is officially here! - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

FOrgot to mention, I LOVE the new GT rims. They're sexy. I don't think anyone has commented on that yet. Also, the new optional seats sound pretty nice.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

BTW, motortrend has an article on the 2013. Its on the front page or you can use this link. 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 and 2013 Mustang Lineup First Look - Motor Trend

2012 GT Premium/Race Red/6MT/3.73 gears/Borla S-type

Ordered-9/27/11
Build-10/28/11
ETA-11/20/11
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrgp View Post
really wonder how easy it will be to swap some of the parts over
The shape of the taillight assembly looks like it should be compatible. Headlights also look like they could drop in to a 2010-2012.

Anyone find any info on how the taillights light up when braking and signaling? I'm wondering if only the perimeter rectangles sequence when signaling or something like that.

2012 Kona Blue V6 Premium MCA, stone interior, AT, electronics package, rear camera, reverse sensing & security, HID, 3.31

Ordered: 4/11/2011 | VIN: 5/26 | Window sticker: 6/7 | Build date: 6/13 | ETA: 1st-6/24 2nd-6/29 | Arrived at dealer: 6/24 | Took delivery: 6/27

Mods: BAMA 87P Tune, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, GT500 Diffuser, Shelby Kicker Sub, Painted Mirror Covers, Adjustable Headrests

Apprentice

And track package for GT manual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 mustang View Post
best new option to me is the recaro seat option on all models.
Apprentice

It looks nice the only thing I like that it has hids standartd but I hate how it looks. Otherwise all the mods are good like a engine cooler instead of more power is fine with me. I just hope the price does not move much say 500-1k more for the base gt. The track pack I hope is maybe 1k more than the brembo option and the recaro seats I hope it not 2k otherwise I will skip it.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Overall, very impressed with the changes.

Great that the recaros seem to be available in all cars across the board.

And for all you guys wondering about the select-shift automatic, that is the same basic setup that has been used in the F150 for a while now with the buttons on the side of the shifter. It is still the same transmission as before, the 6R80, not any getrag unit, all Ford. The one thing that it does say is that select-shift is FULLY MANUAL, there is no override like there is on the F150 so it will not automatically upshift no matter how hard you push it and apparently will down-shift at any speed too although I bet there is some sort of override on down-shifts to keep you from over-revving.

Also, as with all previous years, I doubt that all of this is set in stone until production actually begins.

Apprentice

Dont you people think that Ford modified the transmisison somewhat to make sure the existing issues wont happen again? I am sure its cheaper for them to fix it at the assembly level than keep people visiting dealer service departments..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post

Why must they use the garbage MT82 for?

Why is Ford so infatuated with the mt82?
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeycat View Post
2 months later it's announced by Afordpple that FOXCONN (the same tech group consisting of kids whom produces iPhone's) was producing the MT82 transmission and that the Transmission was made up of old iPhone parts.

See nothing to worry about!
I think we all know Foxconn already makes almost everything on the planet, ha ha ha.

Ok so....i think its a fair point about taking something away from shelby owners by giving them this front end...on the other hand if you have 650hp...do you really care? As to the rest of the criticisms..i say meh. As to the recaro seat crowd..I have them in one of my other cars..they are fine if you are 20s year old and never use the back seats but honestly i wouldnt want them in my stang unless it was going to be a track monkey.

The track pack on that shelby are going to bring it into previously owned Boss territory: Endurance. It has an additional oil, tranny, and rear differential cooler! It was already faster on a single lap but make it endurable enough to go lap after lap and its "bye bye boss". Not for me though, I dont track and thats 3 extra pumps and that much more maintanence.

I would however pay for the performace pack
Quote:
optional Performance Package, SVT-designed Bilstein electronic adjustable dampers are accessed on the dash with a simple push of a button. Normal mode gives customers a more comfortable ride over road irregularities. Sport mode is all about performance, delivering improved response time on the track and less body roll while cornering and pitch under braking. The Torsen limited-slip differential also comes with the Performance Package.
I think that would just make the 500 one hell of a car for horsing around with as a daily driver or vacation/weekend car. And if i had reason to push it hard in the corners and at high RPM for extended time (i don't), id get the track pack to and never look back.

GT/CS 3.73s, Nav/comfort pckg.
Mods: Roush Axleback, Airaid CAI/Bama Tunes (i am always changing the tune). In the market for a shift kit and lowering kit.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan

Why must they use the garbage MT82 for?

Why is Ford so infatuated with the mt82?
You mean the garbage transmission that only 3 or 4 percent of people actually had a real problem with?

SHELBY GT 350 Member

One of the things I don't understand is why they didn't put the same upgraded brakes on the BOSS that they put on the GT500.

And they say they increased the rear rotor size on the GT500, wonder if they really did or will it be another mistaken quote like it was on the V6 Performance Package...

MACH I Member

First thing I thought of when I saw the front-end was that it looks like a Dodge Ram...Maybe just the angle of the picture. Even so, I like all the new options. Ricaro seats! I would've paid extra for that without question.

What I really like is that new GT500! That, I want.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
GT Member
4.6L Member

I might have to buy a GT again lol

03 GT SUPERCHARGED-SOLD
2010 FUSION SPORT
2000 F-350 7.3L SD
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
You mean the garbage transmission that only 3 or 4 percent of people actually had a real problem with?
Lets not get into an MT82 debate here. I started a thread last night asking why no one could explain the difference in outcry/comlaints for the MT82 over and above what we saw on the 05-10s and after 3-4 pages and NO ONE being able to answer my question (and no one can) the mods removed it. Lets just say that for the supposed "3%-4%" you have to remember the owners in that group had the problems 76%-%100 of the time, which is enough to make ANYONE call their car a POS.

Still, lets not get into it. We can ALL agree that at least, Ford has improved the MT82 a bit for these newer models. (internal changes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
What I really like is that new GT500! That, I want.
Same here...ill wait till next summer and hope i can get one with the performance pack for as close to 50k as i can get (i assume they will linger in the high 50s for the first 7 months of release).

GT/CS 3.73s, Nav/comfort pckg.
Mods: Roush Axleback, Airaid CAI/Bama Tunes (i am always changing the tune). In the market for a shift kit and lowering kit.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh.o View Post
Lets not get into an MT82 debate here. I started a thread last night asking why no one could explain the difference in outcry/comlaints for the MT82 over and above what we saw on the 05-10s and after 3-4 pages and NO ONE being able to answer my question (and no one can) the mods removed it.
You should say: NO ONE CARES! Stop trolling.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
PONY Member

Yeah, the front end looks like a dodge ram. Not feeling it at all. Shelby GT500 front end looks different since it flows better. Not on a GT or the V6.

The only thing I REALLY like is the GT500. Everything else is meh.

2011 Black Mustang GT 5.0 Brick-Red
6SP Manual | 3.73 Gears | HIDs | Sec & Anti-Theft Pkg | Brembo GT Brake Pkg | Comfort Package | Shaker 1000 |
Mods:

2011 CS/GT Front Valance, 2011 GT500 Rear Diffuser, 2011 SVT GT500 Mufflers, 2011 Roush Side Skirts, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Boss 302 Front Splitter, Speed Dawg custom shift-knob, Black Pony Emblem, 50% fog-light tint, Blacked Out Side Marks Front and Rear, 35% All-around Tint & Heon H10 fog-light bulbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page